Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: June 20 2011 DCI Banned & Restricted List Announcement

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Re: June 20 2011 DCI Banned & Restricted List Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Anyone that thinks that Magic is a sound financial enterprise is delusional.

Tell that to Ben Blieweiss, or better yet, I cordially invite you over to dinner at my paid off house that I bought from this crappy financial enterprise. My 401k's can't claim the gains I had from this game. It may be high risk to be sure, but it's better than it seems.

I know a few ppl who have sold off their collections as a down payment for a house. Hell, I've sold mine a few times over to get extra money when I needed it. It is a huge financial enterprise . . . more then you seem to realize.

3-point-shooter

Feb 2006

Dear WotC,

I love you.

Yours faithfully,

Time to pick up that last Jace!

Quote Originally Posted by dahcmai View Post
    Tell that to Ben Blieweiss, or better yet, I cordially invite you over to dinner at my paid off house that I bought from this crappy financial enterprise. My 401k's can't claim the gains I had from this game. It may be high risk to be sure, but it's better than it seems.
    I'm a bit confused here, you simultaneously agreed with him and implied that he was wrong in one post. Investing in magic is risky--therefore it's not a sound financial decision.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Not really. If you invest in your 401k or have a similar portfolio, you want high risk in a large section of it. It evens out over time. It's always better than playing it safe with a measly 4 percent or so. It just means you come out ahead over time.

Thread Information