Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Free Article] C.R.E.A.M. - The End, Part 3

[Free Article] C.R.E.A.M. - The End, Part 3

http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/l...nd_Part_3.html

It's been a wild, 2 1/2 year ride writing for StarCityGames.com. I wrote about Legacy in my second article for SCG, and returned to the format often, before really focusing on it over the past year. Today, there are fantastic articles about Legacy going up just about every day. Sadly, the combination of my personal life (baby due in under four weeks) and professional life (working two positions for the next 30 or so days until my previous one is back-filled) has left me with no time to play the game; without playing, I can't really write articles and feel confident that I'm giving you correct information.

So, this week's article is my last as a regular columnist for SCG. I'm sure I'll contribute one-offs and hope to someday return as a regular feature writer, but no matter what happens, I want to give you all my sincere thanks for the support, feedback, and generally fair and honest criticism. People may give it crap, but personally, I love the Source. Always have, always will.
    Curious how I became a Magic writer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onR9Y...eature=channel

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Re: [Free Article] C.R.E.A.M. - The End, Part 3

Aw, that's too bad. I enjoyed reading your articles, whether I agreed with your opinions sometimes or not.

It was nice to have someone writing articles who knows something about the format.

I'll definitely miss the articles. Thanks for your contributions, Matt! Good luck with the baby!

-Matt

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Hope to see you around AU once you find the time. T'was a pleasure
    Matt Bevenour in real life

ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)
    Jun 2007

Thanks for the articles. I really enjoyed reading them.

peace,
    4eak

i also really enjoyed your writing, I hope you send in an odd article here and there, regards

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

I'll miss your articles. Thank you very much for your contributions.

Site Contributor

Mar 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

Nicely done. Good luck with your life and career! But you'll be back... They always come back ;)

Thanks for your articles, I've always enjoyed reading them!

On an unrelated note, you always post your articles to be accessible here before they are on the front page of starcity. Is there any way to see the other articles that are going to be put up at midnight too? I could actually gain 1-2 hours of sleep per day if there was :)

Site Contributor
    Jul 2010
    Gig Harbor, WA

Thanks for all the past articles Matt, you were one of the writers I always looked forward to. I'll keep looking out for those one-of articles in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamussels View Post
    Thanks for your articles, I've always enjoyed reading them!

On an unrelated note, you always post your articles to be accessible here before they are on the front page of starcity. Is there any way to see the other articles that are going to be put up at midnight too? I could actually gain 1-2 hours of sleep per day if there was :)
    There didn't used to be, but there is now. Usually they post the "Discuss article ____" in the forums several hours before they go live at midnight, so you can click on the discussion thread in the forum and then click the link to get to the article.

Enjoy the extra sleep!
    Curious how I became a Magic writer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onR9Y...eature=channel

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

Aw. I liked your articles a lot; I especially appreciate the one about off-color removal spells from NPH (murderbox, I believe?). My friend still laughs about the BAM! no more angel schtick. Anyway, hope to see you on the boards, and writing in the future. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

Jun 2009
    Minnesota

That sandwich you had in an article a few months back still makes me laugh thinking about it to this day. I haven't went through one of your articles without laughing somehow, and yet you're still pretty level headed on card/deck evaluation. I remember coming back into magic 9 months ago, made a Zoo deck, found you and... well, you writing about it. Your lists/explanations helped me then and to this day.

Best of luck, and I'm looking forward to your next article, whenever that may be.

May 2007
    Czech Rep.

GL with RL affairs and thanks for all the articles. Hope you start writing regularly again soon.

- Vilik

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Thank you ever so kindly for the wonderful work you did for promoting Eternal and Legacy. It was a pleasure to have read your articles.

I wish you great success in your personal life, and hope you return soon once things slow down.

Cheers!
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

You have always written interesting and insightful articles. I hope you can occasionally spit out an article or two. Good luck with life :)

Splitting time between Legacy, EDH and Alterations
    Sep 2007
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Thanks for the great articles all this while. I applaud you for being bravely opinionated in what you believe in. I mostly agreed with most of your articles barring some nitpicks here and there. In general your articles were among the most precise (not too much over-generalization / playing it safe) and theoretically sound. Congratulations on the baby and all the best!

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Welcome to the Club of eternal magics old men, pal ;D

And now take over the world ... one pregnancy at a time!

Lol
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

They call me a slob, but I do my job...
    Sep 2009
    Back to the city by the sea, blowin' in the wind, fighting with hordes of retired people

Goodbye Matt, I'll definitely miss your column. Best luck for whatever the future will give you.
    Team Stimato Ezio: You're off the team!

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.
    -Kierkegaard

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Thank you for all your time and effort and hope you feel the work was appreciated because I do and so do a lot of people I know. You were always fun to talk to about Dredge and other decks in the few e-mails. The Dredge advice helped me money in the Classic DE's/PE's online in a field full of half sb slots of hate. Whiffy will also miss your articles and decks for tech mining.

Congratulations on your child and good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

I'll miss the articles. GL with the RL; that shit can be tricky as hell to navigate especially with a kid.

Thread Information