Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Premium Deck Series: Graveborn

Meh.
    Aug 2006
    Atlanta, Ga

Premium Deck Series: Graveborn

Wizards announces Premium Deck Series: Graveborn.

Premium Deck Series: Graveborn

Call Forth the Dead.

Legions of corpses await your sinister commands. This 60-card, all-foil deck entombs, exhumes, and reanimates some of the most powerful Magic creatures from all five colors of mana. Harvest your graveyard for an assortment of these face-beaters as you walk over a field of bones to claim your victory.

Very cool. I'll have to wait and see the decklist, but this is the first premium deck that I'm excited about.
    Tusk up.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Just fucking ban the 600 pound gorilla and be done with it. FFS

Re: Premium Deck Series: Graveborn

The description says it "entombs, exhumes, and reanimates." If this means what I think it means then foil Entomb alone probably makes it worth the MSRP.

The word is "Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa!"
    Sep 2007

Anyone else notice this?

Deck Design and Development: David Humpherys
    "Attack with Order of the Ebon Hand."
    "K, block with Jotun Grunt?"
    "It has pro white."
    "Swords?"
    "It still has pro white."

Team OMRIAIGTWYFEWARTCAE Team RTD
    Twitter: @shawnldewey

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Anyone else notice this?
    Deck Design and Development: David Humpherys
    When do you think they will release how many Humpherys designed this?
    Matt Bevenour in real life

“It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

Dear lord, if that's the exact decklist I will simply shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

Jun 2011
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I doubt that's it's the same deck. This will likely be legal in some format (likely legacy) and that deck has 4 vampiric tutors.

Mar 2010
    East L.A.

Definitely not it, they state on their website it's going to include:

60-card premium foil deck, including 8 rare cards
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingitouchdies
    We dont let drug laden fiends and swine come marching in and take our shit. We send them home with the memory of the monsters and vigilantes that curb stomped their dreams and threatened to animate their dead grandmother for a black and a colorless. No fucking around in LA.

EntombSSS, multiples ? In one pre-con deck ?

Wow, will entomb plummet in price now ? Or will it be like with the lavamancer ?

Feb 2004
    Clifton Park, NY

Having seen the Fire and Lightning premium deck, it won't have multiple Entombs. It will have 1 if there are any in it at all, similar to how Fire and Lightning only had 1 Lavamancer in the package.

I doubt entomb will plummet, either. Only having 1 reprinting in a boxed product that has a beautiful but shitty foiling process that will curl to hell and back and will likely have terrible artwork? Your Odyssey and Odyssey foils will be fine.
    Team Albany: What's Legacy?

You cannot know the sweetness of Victory, without first dwelling in the agony of Defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by PanderAlexander View Post
    Definitely not it, they state on their website it's going to include: "60-card premium foil deck, including 8 rare cards"
    And you can bet most of those will be the creatures that are to be reanimated.
    "I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think they will sing to me." -T.S. Eliot

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer Click here to comment

(previously Metalwalker)
    Mar 2008
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Sims View Post
    Having seen the Fire and Lightning premium deck, it won't have multiple Entombs. It will have 1 if there are any in it at all, similar to how Fire and Lightning only had 1 Lavamancer in the package.

I doubt entomb will plummet, either. Only having 1 reprinting in a boxed product that has a beautiful but shitty foiling process that will curl to hell and back and will likely have terrible artwork? Your Odyssey and Odyssey foils will be fine.
    Makes me sad I traded my foil Entomb at $20 (bought it at $8) before the unbannings. And yeah, FtV/Promos/Premium Foils are always pretty bad. Check out FtV series for artifacts. Even if Top and Mox Diamond aren't worth trash, the art and foils still look incredibly bad.
    Decks that I care about:
    Steel Stompy
    UWx Landstill
    Dreadstalker
    DDFT (10% practice)

Mangara on MWS? You must be masochistic. -kiblast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    REB is a fantastic sideboard card against blue... in blue decks :/

Yeah if they put 4 entombs in here I would shit my pants. That would just be so unreal and the price would plummet hard on them if there was a full playset of entombs in there. I bet there's just one entomb same as the fire and lightning having just one lavamancer and chain lightning.
    Bread Connoisseur on MTGSalvation Forums
    Currently Playing:
    All flavors of storm combo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Lands is a joke for Solidarity. Its like asking a morbidly obese parapalegic to run the mile with his shoes tied.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by Sims View Post

Plummet: No.
    Drop: Yes.

Look at Grim Lavamancer and Chain Lightning after F&L came out. Not like either one tanked, but the originals definitely dropped a good amount.

Feb 2004
    Clifton Park, NY

They did, but I believe chain went back up as people realized the foil version is uglier than something that fell out of the ugly tree and hit every damned branch on the way down. Grim, I can accept, because it had the superior DCI judge promo art and no DCI stamp, but had the shitty curly foiling process..

I agree, it will go down if it's in the box, but i dont' think it'll go far or stay down long, especially if the art sucks.
    Team Albany: What's Legacy?

You cannot know the sweetness of Victory, without first dwelling in the agony of Defeat.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

The original chain lightning isn't really anything to look at either...

It's also still around $8-10, I feel like it was at $15-$20 a couple years ago when Zoo was putting up crazy numbers. Much in the same way, I expect entomb to fall because of increased availability and Reanimator being less than popular right now.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

I'll be fairly happy for a foil Exhume set. Reanimate is another one that's tricky to get as a foil. Sadly, the person a few posts back mentioning that the rare slots will be taken up by the shitty creatures is probably right. I guess an Iona foil would be ok with diff art.

Does anyone know when this is due for release?

Quote Originally Posted by stealth View Post
    Does anyone know when this is due for release?
    According to the link in the opening post, the release is November 18th.

thankyou...i read it some time ago and was just thinking about it now.

Thread Information