Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Premium Deck Series: Graveborn

Magic; Serious Business
    Jan 2011

Re: Premium Deck Series: Graveborn

I would LOVE to see entomb in this deck; as it's the only card I'm missing for reanimator. The price tag it has now is just plain stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by NyxathidHorror View Post
    I would LOVE to see entomb in this deck; as it's the only card I'm missing for reanimator. The price tag it has now is just plain stupid...
    Somehow I get the feeling that this deck will have a couple of self-discard spells, maybe a self-mill spell, and Buried Alive, and there will be no Entombs.

But I have been known to be overly pessimistic from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    Somehow I get the feeling that this deck will have a couple of self-discard spells, maybe a self-mill spell, and Buried Alive, and there will be no Entombs.

Agreed. 'Entombs' is a verb; all that entails is that Wizards is including an Entomb-type effect such as Buried Alive. As I said above, most of the rares will probably be the creatures you're reanimating.
    "I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think they will sing to me." -T.S. Eliot

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer Click here to comment

You can see entomb on the front:

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by agent00 View Post
    Great...its going to be a 10 dollar rare soon.

Now for vendillion clique.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of Shadow View Post
    Great...its going to be a 10 dollar rare soon.

Now for vendillion clique.
    I'd like to see Imperial Recruiter in one of these decks.

I think its good these decks come out. It forces the speculation prices to go down and wizards makes some nice bucks from it i guess.
    Needs more goyfs.

Quote Originally Posted by agent00 View Post
    Well...shit. Guess I'll get one, then.

EDIT: Man, I remember years ago when having an Avatar of Woe was like a casual player's dream. It was big, it killed anything, and it could cost as little as two mana! Plus, if you didn't need to murderate everything in sight, it was 6 very-difficult-to-block power. That it was a rare in a shitty, poorly-received set and therefore expensive and hard to find outside of a precon that was itself expensive and hard to find only added to the mystique.

And then Wizards decided to reprint one in, like, every fucking special release product with black in it and now there's a million of them and they're worth a dollar tops.

Thanks for ruining my casual player dream, Wizards.

The only one he ever feared
    Oct 2009
    Sweden's Jerusalem

Well...shit. Guess I'll get one, then.

EDIT: Man, I remember years ago when having an Avatar of Woe was like a casual player's dream. It was big, it killed anything, and it could cost as little as two mana! Plus, if you didn't need to murderate everything in sight, it was 6 very-difficult-to-block power. That it was a rare in a shitty, poorly-received set and therefore expensive and hard to find outside of a precon that was itself expensive and hard to find only added to the mystique.

And then Wizards decided to reprint one in, like, every fucking special release product with black in it and now there's a million of them and they're worth a dollar tops.

Thanks for ruining my casual player dream, Wizards.
    On Avatar of Woe: I used to have that old BW Prophecy deck when I was a casual rndmscrb and it was truly terrifying for my friends when I cast it. When I got my Devour for Power Commander deck, I managed to dig out my old Avatar from my binder, and replaced the reprinted one in the deck with my old original. It feels a lot more special to cast it now, and in multiplayer EDH, a 6/5 Fear creature for 2 that says "T: Destroy target general." on it is pretty awesome :) I love that guy (girl? monster?) and I don't mnd seeing it reprinted in special sets every now and then. I like the Pro Tour reprint, the newer art is really cool. If only this one had the same art... :/

On-topic: I don't think I will get the box, I didn't get either of the previous ones, and I don't have the spare cash to just toss at some foils (in fact, I'm not a big fan of foils, especially not the ones that curl really easily). I will, however, consider getting into Reanimator if the Odyssey originals drop to a more reasonable price level, and I may pick up the die from the box from somewhere, I think it looks kinda funky and cool.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Soooo, any bets on Animate Dead not even remotely resembling any wording on any of the older versions and even has a new errata to go with it? lol You know it's coming.

I'm glad Entomb is in this. I've had old regular ones forever since I never wanted to cough up that price tag on them.

Exhume better be in this also. I really wanted those more than anything else.

And total agree on Imperial Recruiter. I own two and I would still like to have it reprinted so I could finally play decks that use them.

Vatija Mlohavich
    May 2010
    Croatia

+1 on reprinting.

Rec, Vindicate, and rest. I need it.
    PTT (Formerly of MTT) - We make Champion

Sep 2009
    Michigan, US

$34.99. My local store, which is fairly large, is selling them at MSRP.

Don't phyresis me, bro!
    Sep 2011
    Grand Rapids, MI

I'm still holding out for the blue premium series deck that's going to have Force of Will with the new art in it...

Quote Originally Posted by RJM View Post
    I'm still holding out for the blue premium series deck that's going to have Force of Will with the new art in it...
    - Force of Will, Counterbalance, Tarmogoyf?

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    - Force of Will, Counterbalance, Tarmogoyf?
    Premium Deck Series: Supreme Blue

Now that's a premium deck I wanna see.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by dahcmai View Post
    Soooo, any bets on Animate Dead not even remotely resembling any wording on any of the older versions and even has a new errata to go with it? lol You know it's coming.

I'm glad Entomb is in this. I've had old regular ones forever since I never wanted to cough up that price tag on them.

Exhume better be in this also. I really wanted those more than anything else.

And total agree on Imperial Recruiter. I own two and I would still like to have it reprinted so I could finally play decks that use them.
    How can they reword it?

Can't they simply fucking rework the rules to make targeting dead creatures with an enchant creature possible if said on the card or something?

Animate Dead
    Enchantment - Aura
    Enchant Creature
    Animate dead can target only creatures in a graveyard. Return that creature to play under your control as Animate dead enter into play.
    Enchanted creature get -1/-0. If animate dead leaves the game, sacrifice the enchanted creature.

EDIT: looking at the portion of the card we can see, it seems it has the oracle text. So zzz.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

I wonder if it's possible that by reprinting most/all Legacy staples that aren't on the reserved list, prices on reserved cards would go up because:

lower cost barrier = more interest in format = more demand for reserved cards

Who knows. For the time being, I like seeing these reprints, just wish they weren't in foil/new borders.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I wonder if it's possible that by reprinting most/all Legacy staples that aren't on the reserved list, prices on reserved cards would go up because:

lower cost barrier = more interest in format = more demand for reserved cards

Who knows. For the time being, I like seeing these reprints, just wish they weren't in foil/new borders.
    This doesn't really make sense. Basically you're saying that "lower cost barrier = higher cost barrier" ;-). The only way this could be corrected to make sense is by introducing a 3rd variable that was to increases interest in Legacy in the first place. Something like people realizing "omg this format rocks" when they see the reprints.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    This doesn't really make sense. Basically you're saying that "lower cost barrier = higher cost barrier" ;-). The only way this could be corrected to make sense is by introducing a 3rd variable that was to increases interest in Legacy in the first place. Something like people realizing "omg this format rocks" when they see the reprints.
    It sort of makes sense. The dual lands are the real Reserved List offenders; reprinting stuff like FoW and Wasteland creates an illusion of format accessibility that then gets crushed by the real prices of dual lands. There are not a whole lot of decks you can make without needing at least a couple hundred dollars to purchase Reserved List cards:

- Mono-blue Merfolk (FoW, Wasteland, Vial are all reprintable)
    - Mono-red Goblins (Pretty much the whole deck is reprintable, and in fact many of the cards have been reprinted in various places)
    - Something like GW Maverick where you can skimp on duals and substitute something else for Karakas

Basically anything blue will be running 5-10 duals and therefore be expensive.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by ddt15 View Post
    I'd like to see Imperial Recruiter in one of these decks.

I think its good these decks come out. It forces the speculation prices to go down and wizards makes some nice bucks from it i guess.
    We'd all like to see imperial recruiter. But there isn't a theme where he would match the series.

The ones that came out recently were 1. fire and ice (which brought back chain lightning), and 2. Graveborn (animate dead and entomb)

How we gonna fit an imperial recruiter in there?

Anyways, based on history, looks like entomb will be reprinted in one of the next two sets.

Thread Information