Thread: [SCD] Enlightened Tutor.

[SCD] Enlightened Tutor.

Wanted to hear the Source's feelings on this wondrous tutor.

With the popularity of Mental Misstep, is this card still as useful for toolboxing? Are there any prominent decks using E. Tutor right now? What archetypes is it best suited for? Would you ever include it maindeck? Have any leet tech to fetch with it?

In that vein of thought, what is actually worth fetching with it? Equipment? Gravehate/combohate? Combo pieces - Painter/Stone, Thopter/Sword? Lock pieces - Chalice, Trini, Stax, etc.?

The last big deck I saw using it to great effect was Countertop Thopters. Haven't seen CB very much since. The discussion was actually ignited by one of Tim the Enchanter's Deadguy lists, which featured maindeck E. Tutor, hatebears ( lots of Revokers ), Vial, and equips as well as more goodies in the board. Pretty sure it was pre-NPH, though. I really liked the look of the list and thought, damn, there must be some great silver bullets out there for the current metagame. So, share them!

Mar 2010
    East L.A.

Re: [SCD] Enlightened Tutor.

Recently I've seen it mostly relegated to the sideboard along with SB bullets to fetch for (I.E. Wheel of Sun and Moon, Tormod's/Relic, Ethersworn Canonist, Choke, Pithing Needle, Null Rod, etc etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingitouchdies
    We dont let drug laden fiends and swine come marching in and take our shit. We send them home with the memory of the monsters and vigilantes that curb stomped their dreams and threatened to animate their dead grandmother for a black and a colorless. No fucking around in LA.

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

Re: [SCD] Enlightened Tutor.

Enlightened Tutor is always a solid choice for constructing a complete sideboard against your field. In Sb, I've seen (and tried) it in various quantities, from 1x to 3x ( I feel that full set is really pushing it), and it is very good.
    UW control can play 1-2 maindeck to fetch Humility, Nev Disk and Crucible, and probably 1 more in sb for the silver bullets.
    Probably the deck which support E Tutor better is Thopters, both Countertop or non Countertop- they have so many good singletons and targets that is simply amazing there.

On a side note:Its price is growing. Mirage copies are going for 15$, foil ones for 30$.
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

Thread Information