Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: [SCD] Grand Abolisher

Re: [SCD] Grand Abolisher

Suppression Field is sometimes played in Staxx.

Taobotmox

Sep 2005
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    No I didn't. I don't pretend that any evaluations of a card's strength or weaknesses is fact. You're flailing around desperately to try and make up something vaguely condemnatory you can stick me with.

Vendilion Clique is over-rated largely because people like doing things at instant speed, even when there is no advantage to doing so. Likewise people are overrating this bear because they like doing things at instant speed and infer that stripping this ability from their opponents will be inherently relevant.

I don't know if I can make the connection any more plain to you, or explain that when adults have conversations it's taken for granted that unless I say otherwise I represent no one's but my own opinion.
    There is no need to explain that connection a fourth time. I understood it the first, second time and third time.

Imo there are advantages of playing Vendillion Clique EoT or in the opponent's draw step but that's only my opinion on a different card with its own pros and cons. I just won't argue about that card. The discussion would have gotten even more off-topic if I did that. But to even begin arguing about your point that Instant status is overrated I would have to do just that, deal with your irrelevant, off-topic Vendillion example.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Tao View Post
    There is no need to explain that connection a fourth time. I understood it the first, second time and third time.

Imo there are advantages of playing Vendillion Clique EoT or in the opponent's draw step but that's only my opinion on a different card with its own pros and cons. I just won't argue about that card. The discussion would have gotten even more off-topic if I did that. But to even begin arguing about your point that Instant status is overrated I would have to do just that, deal with your irrelevant, off-topic Vendillion example.
    ITT: Tao does not understand what Ace of Diamonds has to do with Three of Clubs, they are completely different cards.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is this new card better than Orim's Chant or Silence in a combo deck attempting to protect it's combo from countermagic/removal? They are easier to cast, not susceptable to removal, much more flexible, and if countered it at least fish out a counterspell that may have been shot at a combo piece. The already discussed Xantid Swarm is by far more mana efficient as a creature-based protection, conditional or not. The single G is much more pragmatic than WW.

If you're going to get your combo on, well get to it. But don't play an overcosted wuss like Grand Abolisher to protect it.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but how is this new card better than Orim's Chant or Silence in a combo deck attempting to protect it's combo from countermagic/removal? They are easier to cast, not susceptable to removal, much more flexible, and if countered it at least fish out a counterspell that may have been shot at a combo piece. The already discussed Xantid Swarm is by far more mana efficient as a creature-based protection, conditional or not. The single G is much more pragmatic than WW.

If you're going to get your combo on, well get to it. But don't play an overcosted wuss like Grand Abolisher to protect it.
    You aren't going to see Cephalid Breakfast Vialing in any Orim's Chants. He's great for that deck, or really any creature-based combo deck that can Vial him in.

And he sucks in pretty much everything else.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Ahhh...I was forgetting Cephalid Breakfast. Good call there...and I agree with your second line, lol.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Thread Information