Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [ARTICLE] Making Jace

Re: [ARTICLE] Making Jace

I actually like this style, but I've also always preferred card arts that either doesn't look too realistic (been a Foglio fan ever since Legends for instance) or abstract (think Stasis). The manga inspired style is fresh and a nice change for me.

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Grollub View Post
    I actually like this style, but I've also always preferred card arts that either doesn't look too realistic (been a Foglio fan ever since Legends for instance) or abstract (think Stasis). The manga inspired style is fresh and a nice change for me.
    Foglio, lol. All I think every time I hear about them is that "erotic" card game they tried to put out in the late 90's.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

Quote Originally Posted by dontbiteitholmes View Post
    Foglio, lol. All I think every time I hear about them is that "erotic" card game they tried to put out in the late 90's.
    That's a pretty mean slur.

XXXenophile was a (critically acclaimed) comic book series put together by the Foglios. It was (not "tried to") made into a niche CCG by fan request - it was aimed at fans of XXXenophile, not really at CCG players.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

While we're talking about the Foglios, their Girl Genius comic is very much worth a read if you haven't already been addicted. ;-)

/derail

Nov 2010
    Seattle

New Chandra is the only one I utterly detest.

And new Jace is going right in my brother's The Mimeoplasm EDH. If I can find one...
    "If you're playing Storm in Legacy, you need to believe that what your deck does is better than what their deck does."

Thread Information