Page 191 of 191 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191
Results 3,801 to 3,805 of 3805

Thread: [DTB] Blade Control

  1. #3801

    Re: [DTB] Blade Control

    Quote Originally Posted by aRSKOG View Post
    Thank you very much @sagagx for that very decent in depth analysis. It was very usefull to me!

    Now we're talking decklists, I'm going to share mine as well, and my current sideboard plan. I'm very much aware that a sideboard plan isn't final, and i always make adjustment in matches depending on what tweaks i see. But it is a baseline, which is very good to have! Especially in match 5+ where you brain is starting to crumble after so many matches of magic.

    My current decklist is the exact 75 from the winning deck at KMC 80th. UW Blade Control
    For those of you who cant be bothered clicking the link, here it is:

    4 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    3 True-Name Nemesis
    1 Vendilion Clique

    4 Brainstorm
    2 Council's Judgment
    2 Counterspell
    4 Force of Will
    4 Ponder
    2 Spell Pierce
    1 Spell Snare
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Batterskull
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

    1 Windswepth Heath
    4 Flooded Strand
    5 Island
    1 Karakas
    3 Plains
    4 Scalding Tarn / I'm considering to run 2 polluted 2 tarn to avoid a narrow case of Pithing Needle etc.
    3 Tundra

    Sideboard:
    2 Back to Basics
    1 Blue Elemental Blast
    2 Containment Priest
    1 Disenchant
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Hydroblast
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Sword of Feast and Famine

    Currently this is my sideboard plan. Please make all the comments you like. I'm not going to change my mainboard/sideboard for now, as I'm going to attend MKM Hamborg from 16-17 september, and too many changes is no good. Rather stick with what i know (have).
    I've tried to make a sideboard plan with commens. The info i use is: Keycards, which are the cards i need to win the matchup. Role, which refers to if I'm on the beatdown or the control. Sometimes i need to be a little of both depending on my opening 7. Tempo means i need 1 creature and to protect it, that's plan A.

    Grixis Delver / 4 Control:
    +2 Back to Basics
    +1 Sword of Feast and Famine
    +1 Pithing Needle
    -4 Force of Will

    Keycards: True-Name Nemesis, Jace, the Mind Sculptor and Back to Basics
    Role: Tempo / Control
    Thoughts: This matchup is about slamming a TNN and protect it for the win. In my testing so far, SFM has been inferior and I'm considering to cut that instead of FoW - the idea is, that FoW can protect TNN. Althought 2for1 yourself is very very bad in a matchup where managing your resources is key. I'm still wondering if Hydroblast / Blue Elemental Blast is worth it. The times I've played this matchup, Back to Basics has been key. If you manage to slam it at the right time (when he is tapped out) you will almost always win the match.

    ANT
    +2 Surgical Extractions
    +2 Ethersworn Canonist
    +2 Hydroblast
    +2 Flusterstorm
    -4 Swords to Plowshares
    -2 Councilís Judgment
    -1 Jitte
    -1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

    Keycards: Ethersworn Canonist, Flusterstorm
    Role: Beatdown / Control
    Thoughts: We need to win, and we need to do it as fast as possible. With that said, the number one priority is to make sure that the ANT-player doesn't win. This could be an argument for taking the controlling rute to victory.

    Lands
    +2 Back to Basics
    +2 Surgical Extraction
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +1 Disenchant
    -2 Swords to Plowshares
    -2 Councilís Judgment
    -1 Jitte
    -1 Spell Snare

    Keycards: Surgical Extraction, Back to Basics, Basic lands, TNN, Karakas, Swords to Plowshares
    Role: Beatdown
    Thoughts: If Surgical isnt in the opening, the game needs to be closed fast. Merit Large can't be beaten in a race, but we got plenty of answers. But I've only played this matchup once with UW, so I'm very uncertaint about it.

    Sneak and Show
    +2 Flusterstorm
    +2 Containment Priest
    +2 Ethersworn Canonist
    +2 Hydroblast
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +2 Surgical Extraction
    -4 Swords to Plowshares
    -2 Councilís Judgment
    -1 Spell Snare
    -1 Jitte
    -3 True-Name Nemesis

    Keycards:
    Role:
    Thoughts: Honestly, i have no Idea as i havent played against the deck, like ever. This is pure theorycrafting and i believe its about stopping their S&T and ride your BS to victory.

    Death & Taxes
    +1 Disenchant
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +2 Containment Priest
    -4 Force of Will

    Keycards: anything that stops Vial and kill creatures
    Role: Control
    Thoughts: I've tried this matchup once and to me it seems like a good matchup to us. TNN + Jitte is hillarious. I'm still not sure if Back to Basics should come in, as they actually run alot of utility lands. Most likely a mistake to include B2B.

    Reanimator
    +2 Surgical Extraction
    +2 Flusterstorm
    -1 True-Name Nemesis
    -1 Jitte
    -2 Councilís Judgment

    Keycards: Surgical Extraction, Force of Will
    Role: Control
    Thoughts: Number one priority is to stop their reanimation. If succeed i believe the odds of winning is fairly high, escpecially if facing the BR version. I havent played against the version running blue yet, sŚ not sure about that matchup.

    UWx Stoneblade
    +2 Flusterstorm
    +1 Sword of Feast and Famine
    +1 Disenchant
    -4 Force of Will

    Keycards: Vendilion Clique, True-Name Nemesis
    Role: Control / Tempo
    Thoughts: I haven't actually played the mirror, but i believe its about the same as any other control mirror. Place a threat, protect it - instant threats are the best as that force the opponent to do something on their own turn. Maybe Containment Priest is worth it, just for the 2/2 instant speed threat?

    Eldrazi Stompy
    +1 Disenchant
    +2 Back to Basics
    -1 Spell Snare
    -2 Spell Pierce

    Keycards: Force of Will (stop Chalice), Back to Basics (lock them out of the game)
    Role: Control
    Thoughts: To me this matchup feels like #1 to stop chalice, #2 to time your B2B and after that, win the game with whatever threat you got in your hand.

    Aggro Loam
    +2 Surgical Extraction
    +1 Disenchant
    +1 Pithing Needle
    -4 Force of Will

    Keycards:
    Role:
    Thoughts: Again theorycraft. Never played the matchup but i figure its about stopping their engines and then ride a TNN/Batterskull to victory.

    Grixis Control
    +2 Hydroblast
    +1 Sword of Feast and Famine
    -3 Ponder

    Keycards: True-Name Nemesis
    Role: Control
    Thoughts: Feels like this matchup is about answering your opponents threats till the coast is clear for your True-Name Nemesis to take over the game. Sword has been surprisingly good for me so far (if it sticks) and Hydroblast beats keycards such as Young Pyromancer and Kolaghan's Command.

    Sultai Delver
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +2 Back to Basics
    +1 Sword of Feast and Famine
    -4 Force of Will

    Keycards: True-Name Nemesis, Back to Basics
    Role: Control / Tempo
    Thoughts: Attrition fight, and SFM seems superior in this matchup. If they get locked out by B2B its pretty much win - watch out for Decay thought.

    Miracles
    +2 Surgical Extractions
    +2 Flusterstorm
    -4 Force of Will

    Keycards: Swords to Plowshares, Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    Role: Tempo / beatdown
    Thoughts: I've tried this matchup once, and my #1 plan was to stop the mentors and it worked out. I won both matches on the back of JTMS so this makes me believe that it is the best/safest wincon. But I'm far from sure of that.

    Burn
    +2 Hydroblast
    +2 Flusterstorm
    +1 Disenchant
    -2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    -1 Vendilion Clique
    -1 Windswept Heath
    -1 Ponder

    Keycards: Stoneforge Mystic, Hydroblast, Basic Lands
    Role: Control
    Thoughts: We got alot of Burn in my current meta, which is why this matchup is here. The matchup is all about getting Batterskull online (with protection) and ride it to victory. The reason for Disenchant is to stop their Vortex. Honestly it feels like a good matchup for UW Blade Control, and I havent lost a match to Burn yet.

    Maybeboard: Cards which i need to test some day

    Gideon of the Trials
    Thoughts: He is just SO good in modern UW control, and with Legacy being more removal/threat light i think his +1 is actually really good. Furthermore i have a hard time seeing how Combo decks can beat his ultimate G1.

    This is what i got for now. Thank you very much for reading, and even more for helping me improve by suggesting other rules / new ideas. If anyone got more in depth analysis of the different (or other) matchups, feel free to comment - i really like to have as much information as possible.

    Best regards
    //aRSKOG
    Any thoughts on main boarding supreme verdict? Does well against fair decks and pitches to force.

  2. #3802

    Re: [DTB] Blade Control

    Quote Originally Posted by aRSKOG View Post
    Thank you very much @sagagx for that very decent in depth analysis. It was very usefull to me!
    You are welcome :)

    Quote Originally Posted by aRSKOG View Post
    Grixis Delver / 4 Control:
    +2 Back to Basics
    +1 Sword of Feast and Famine
    +1 Pithing Needle
    -4 Force of Will

    Keycards: True-Name Nemesis, Jace, the Mind Sculptor and Back to Basics
    Role: Tempo / Control
    Thoughts: This matchup is about slamming a TNN and protect it for the win. In my testing so far, SFM has been inferior and I'm considering to cut that instead of FoW - the idea is, that FoW can protect TNN. Althought 2for1 yourself is very very bad in a matchup where managing your resources is key. I'm still wondering if Hydroblast / Blue Elemental Blast is worth it. The times I've played this matchup, Back to Basics has been key. If you manage to slam it at the right time (when he is tapped out) you will almost always win the match.
    I have not the same sideboard plan for Grixis Delver than 4c control. I mean, for example, I side out Counterspell for Grixis Delver as they are too expensive and you cannot really keep your mana open. Are you sure you do not want your blue blast/fluster? Fluster is great for stifle for example, as some players are now playing them again. I understand your plan with B2B but it may be different from Grixis Delver to 4c control. For Grixis, they can daze and play again one of their land, they still have deathrite and pyroblast and can kill you with very few lands.
    For 4c control, their pyroblast may be a real problem, as they will board in 3 of them. You will have a hard time to play B2B at the right time, as you have to kill their deathrite, hold some counters and watch their pyroblast. But you have the experience of B2B, I have not, just my input.
    I think that you are right about Force of Will, I personally keep 3 of them post board. But I never board out SFM. It may be too long to go for a deep analysis about boarding out SFM or not, so let's forget about it right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by aRSKOG View Post
    ANT
    +2 Surgical Extractions
    +2 Ethersworn Canonist
    +2 Hydroblast
    +2 Flusterstorm
    -4 Swords to Plowshares
    -2 Councilís Judgment
    -1 Jitte
    -1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

    Keycards: Ethersworn Canonist, Flusterstorm
    Role: Beatdown / Control
    Thoughts: We need to win, and we need to do it as fast as possible. With that said, the number one priority is to make sure that the ANT-player doesn't win. This could be an argument for taking the controlling rute to victory.
    Nothing to add on your plan.

    Quote Originally Posted by aRSKOG View Post
    Lands
    +2 Back to Basics
    +2 Surgical Extraction
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +1 Disenchant
    -2 Swords to Plowshares
    -2 Councilís Judgment
    -1 Jitte
    -1 Spell Snare

    Keycards: Surgical Extraction, Back to Basics, Basic lands, TNN, Karakas, Swords to Plowshares
    Role: Beatdown
    Thoughts: If Surgical isnt in the opening, the game needs to be closed fast. Merit Large can't be beaten in a race, but we got plenty of answers. But I've only played this matchup once with UW, so I'm very uncertaint about it.
    They have krosan grip for B2B and generally many lands in hand (loam) and mox diamond. That's why I really appreciate explosives, to remove mox and exploration. I think that cutting the speed of their deck will win you the match. But I also play wasteland, it is another reason to go in that way to play the matchup.
    Jitte is not that bad, if you can gain life and go over 20, you can take 1 hit from their 20/20 and is a huge tempo gain.

    Quote Originally Posted by aRSKOG View Post
    Sneak and Show
    +2 Flusterstorm
    +2 Containment Priest
    +2 Ethersworn Canonist
    +2 Hydroblast
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +2 Surgical Extraction
    -4 Swords to Plowshares
    -2 Councilís Judgment
    -1 Spell Snare
    -1 Jitte
    -3 True-Name Nemesis

    Keycards:
    Role:
    Thoughts: Honestly, i have no Idea as i havent played against the deck, like ever. This is pure theorycrafting and i believe its about stopping their S&T and ride your BS to victory.
    Agree

    Quote Originally Posted by aRSKOG View Post
    Death & Taxes
    +1 Disenchant
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +2 Containment Priest
    -4 Force of Will

    Keycards: anything that stops Vial and kill creatures
    Role: Control
    Thoughts: I've tried this matchup once and to me it seems like a good matchup to us. TNN + Jitte is hillarious. I'm still not sure if Back to Basics should come in, as they actually run alot of utility lands. Most likely a mistake to include B2B.
    I do not board in the priest as I have 3 explosives. I think that B2B is too expensive for karakas and port. I rather play wasteland. Post board you have to be careful about jitte. Its the best card for us, for sure, they will also do all they can to disrupt it. Revoker, needle, council, disenchant, manriki. I also keep my force for their spells and board out the not free counterspells

    Quote Originally Posted by aRSKOG View Post
    Reanimator
    +2 Surgical Extraction
    +2 Flusterstorm
    -1 True-Name Nemesis
    -1 Jitte
    -2 Councilís Judgment

    Keycards: Surgical Extraction, Force of Will
    Role: Control
    Thoughts: Number one priority is to stop their reanimation. If succeed i believe the odds of winning is fairly high, escpecially if facing the BR version. I havent played against the version running blue yet, sŚ not sure about that matchup.
    Agree, but you should board in the priest also.

    Quote Originally Posted by aRSKOG View Post
    UWx Stoneblade
    +2 Flusterstorm
    +1 Sword of Feast and Famine
    +1 Disenchant
    -4 Force of Will

    Keycards: Vendilion Clique, True-Name Nemesis
    Role: Control / Tempo
    Thoughts: I haven't actually played the mirror, but i believe its about the same as any other control mirror. Place a threat, protect it - instant threats are the best as that force the opponent to do something on their own turn. Maybe Containment Priest is worth it, just for the 2/2 instant speed threat?
    Disagree on priest, too weak. Otherwise agree, even if some force may be not that bad for Jace. You play 2 pierce so it may be different for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by aRSKOG View Post
    Eldrazi Stompy
    +1 Disenchant
    +2 Back to Basics
    -1 Spell Snare
    -2 Spell Pierce

    Keycards: Force of Will (stop Chalice), Back to Basics (lock them out of the game)
    Role: Control
    Thoughts: To me this matchup feels like #1 to stop chalice, #2 to time your B2B and after that, win the game with whatever threat you got in your hand.
    Agree

    Quote Originally Posted by aRSKOG View Post
    Aggro Loam
    +2 Surgical Extraction
    +1 Disenchant
    +1 Pithing Needle
    -4 Force of Will

    Keycards:
    Role:
    Thoughts: Again theorycraft. Never played the matchup but i figure its about stopping their engines and then ride a TNN/Batterskull to victory.
    You cannot rely on only 1 Disenchant for their 4 chalice, especially if you board out your force of will. They also have mox diamond and rely on it to speed up their slow deck. I board in explosives as they both handle chalice and mox. I also keep force over fluster/pierce/1 counterspell for their business spells (green sun, PW as they may board in Garruk)

    Quote Originally Posted by aRSKOG View Post
    Grixis Control
    +2 Hydroblast
    +1 Sword of Feast and Famine
    -3 Ponder

    Keycards: True-Name Nemesis
    Role: Control
    Thoughts: Feels like this matchup is about answering your opponents threats till the coast is clear for your True-Name Nemesis to take over the game. Sword has been surprisingly good for me so far (if it sticks) and Hydroblast beats keycards such as Young Pyromancer and Kolaghan's Command.
    I never played against grixis control despite the many tournaments I played in. Not sure if this deck is currently played with 4c control being better IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by aRSKOG View Post
    Sultai Delver
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +2 Back to Basics
    +1 Sword of Feast and Famine
    -4 Force of Will

    Keycards: True-Name Nemesis, Back to Basics
    Role: Control / Tempo
    Thoughts: Attrition fight, and SFM seems superior in this matchup. If they get locked out by B2B its pretty much win - watch out for Decay thought.
    Agree

    Quote Originally Posted by aRSKOG View Post
    Miracles
    +2 Surgical Extractions
    +2 Flusterstorm
    -4 Force of Will

    Keycards: Swords to Plowshares, Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    Role: Tempo / beatdown
    Thoughts: I've tried this matchup once, and my #1 plan was to stop the mentors and it worked out. I won both matches on the back of JTMS so this makes me believe that it is the best/safest wincon. But I'm far from sure of that.
    Agree. Surgical seems good here, for terminus, prevent snapcaster flashback, or maybe exiling a countered mentor. How good you value surgical in this matchup ?

    Quote Originally Posted by aRSKOG View Post
    Burn
    +2 Hydroblast
    +2 Flusterstorm
    +1 Disenchant
    -2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    -1 Vendilion Clique
    -1 Windswept Heath
    -1 Ponder

    Keycards: Stoneforge Mystic, Hydroblast, Basic Lands
    Role: Control
    Thoughts: We got alot of Burn in my current meta, which is why this matchup is here. The matchup is all about getting Batterskull online (with protection) and ride it to victory. The reason for Disenchant is to stop their Vortex. Honestly it feels like a good matchup for UW Blade Control, and I havent lost a match to Burn yet.
    Agree. Disenchant can also destroy Eidolon.

    It would also be nice if you can relate your tournament you will attend mid-september. Even a small report would be much appreciated.

    +Sagagx+
    Last edited by sagagx; 08-31-2017 at 04:42 PM.

  3. #3803

    Re: [DTB] Blade Control

    Thanks for another very in depth answer! It's very appreciated.

    My thoughts on Supreme Verdict main is that it isn't nessesary. I rather have the second Council's Judgment :) But I'm still new at Legacy and i might change my mind as time goes by.

    Updated sideboardplan for my list: UW Control

    4 Control:
    +2 Back to Basics
    +1 Sword of Feast and Famine
    +1 Hydroblast
    +1 Blue Elemental Blast
    -1 Stoneforge Mystic
    -4 Force of Will

    Keycards: True-Name Nemesis, Jace, the Mind Sculptor and Back to Basics
    Role: Tempo / Control
    Thoughts: This matchup is about slamming a TNN and protect it for the win. In my testing so far, SFM has been inferior and I'm considering to cut that instead of FoW - the idea is, that FoW can protect TNN. Althought 2for1 yourself is very very bad in a matchup where managing your resources is key. I'm still wondering if Hydroblast / Blue Elemental Blast is worth it. The times I've played this matchup, Back to Basics has been key. If you manage to slam it at the right time (when he is tapped out) you will almost always win the match.

    Grixis Delver
    +1 Hydroblast
    +1 Blue Elemental Blast
    +1 Sword of Feast and Famine
    +2 Flusterstorm
    +2 Back to Basics
    -2 Counterspell
    -4 Force of Will
    -1 Stoneforge Mystic

    Keycards: True-Name Nemesis, Jace the Mind Sculptor, Back to Basics and Sword of Feast and Famine
    Role: Tempo / Control
    Thoughts: As with 4C Control, this matchup is about managing your resources and make a TNN stick to take over the game. I still believe B2B is insane against a deck which runs 0 basics. It really punish greedy manabases if you manage to handle DRS.

    ANT
    +2 Surgical Extractions
    +2 Ethersworn Canonist
    +2 Hydroblast
    +2 Flusterstorm
    -4 Swords to Plowshares
    -2 Councilís Judgment
    -1 Jitte
    -1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

    Keycards: Ethersworn Canonist, Flusterstorm
    Role: Beatdown / Control
    Thoughts: We need to win, and we need to do it as fast as possible. With that said, the number one priority is to make sure that the ANT-player doesn't win. This could be an argument for taking the controlling rute to victory.

    Lands
    +2 Back to Basics
    +2 Surgical Extraction
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +1 Disenchant
    -2 Swords to Plowshares
    -2 Councilís Judgment
    -1 Jitte
    -1 Spell Snare

    Keycards: Surgical Extraction, Back to Basics, Basic lands, TNN, Karakas, Swords to Plowshares
    Role: Beatdown
    Thoughts: If Surgical isnt in the opening, the game needs to be closed fast. Merit Large can't be beaten in a race, but we got plenty of answers. But I've only played this matchup once with UW, so I'm very uncertaint about it.

    Sneak and Show
    +2 Flusterstorm
    +2 Containment Priest
    +2 Ethersworn Canonist
    +2 Hydroblast
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +2 Surgical Extraction
    -4 Swords to Plowshares
    -2 Councilís Judgment
    -1 Spell Snare
    -1 Jitte
    -3 True-Name Nemesis

    Keycards:
    Role:
    Thoughts: Honestly, i have no Idea as i havent played against the deck, like ever. This is pure theorycrafting and i believe its about stopping their S&T and ride your BS to victory.

    Death & Taxes
    +1 Disenchant
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +2 Containment Priest
    -2 Counterspell
    -2 Spell Pierce

    Keycards: anything that stops Vial and kill creatures
    Role: Control
    Thoughts: I've tried this matchup once and to me it seems like a good matchup to us. TNN + Jitte is hillarious. But be aware that Jitte is one of your best cards, so protect it at all cost! D&T will try kill it with various things like Needle, Revoker, Disenchant etc.

    Reanimator
    +2 Surgical Extraction
    +2 Flusterstorm
    +2 Containment Priest
    -3 True-Name Nemesis
    -1 Jitte
    -2 Councilís Judgment

    Keycards: Surgical Extraction, Force of Will
    Role: Control
    Thoughts: Number one priority is to stop their reanimation. If succeed i believe the odds of winning is fairly high, escpecially if facing the BR version. I havent played against the version running blue yet, sŚ not sure about that matchup.

    UWx Stoneblade
    +2 Flusterstorm
    +1 Sword of Feast and Famine
    +1 Disenchant
    -4 Force of Will

    Keycards: Vendilion Clique, True-Name Nemesis
    Role: Control / Tempo
    Thoughts: I haven't actually played the mirror, but i believe its about the same as any other control mirror. Place a threat, protect it - instant threats are the best as that force the opponent to do something on their own turn. Maybe Containment Priest is worth it, just for the 2/2 instant speed threat?

    Eldrazi Stompy
    +1 Disenchant
    +2 Back to Basics
    -1 Spell Snare
    -2 Spell Pierce

    Keycards: Force of Will (stop Chalice), Back to Basics (lock them out of the game)
    Role: Control
    Thoughts: To me this matchup feels like #1 to stop chalice, #2 to time your B2B and after that, win the game with whatever threat you got in your hand.

    Aggro Loam
    +2 Surgical Extraction
    +1 Disenchant
    +1 Pithing Needle
    -2 Pierce
    -1 Counterspell
    -1 Spell Snare

    Keycards:
    Role:
    Thoughts: Again theorycraft. Never played the matchup but i figure its about stopping their engines and then ride a TNN/Batterskull to victory.

    Grixis Control
    +2 Hydroblast
    +1 Sword of Feast and Famine
    -3 Ponder

    Keycards: True-Name Nemesis
    Role: Control
    Thoughts: Feels like this matchup is about answering your opponents threats till the coast is clear for your True-Name Nemesis to take over the game. Sword has been surprisingly good for me so far (if it sticks) and Hydroblast beats keycards such as Young Pyromancer and Kolaghan's Command.

    Sultai Delver
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +2 Back to Basics
    +1 Sword of Feast and Famine
    -4 Force of Will

    Keycards: True-Name Nemesis, Back to Basics
    Role: Control / Tempo
    Thoughts: Attrition fight, and SFM seems superior in this matchup. If they get locked out by B2B its pretty much win - watch out for Decay thought.

    Miracles
    +2 Surgical Extractions
    +2 Flusterstorm
    -4 Force of Will

    Keycards: Swords to Plowshares, Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    Role: Tempo / beatdown
    Thoughts: I've tried this matchup once, and my #1 plan was to stop the mentors and it worked out. I won both matches on the back of JTMS so this makes me believe that it is the best/safest wincon. But I'm far from sure of that. About Surgical i don't think it is that good afterall, but sometimes taking away their Mentor or Terminus means our chances of winning is raised by a lot. Its a bet which happens to work out sometimes, but I'm not sure if it is the right call.

    Burn
    +2 Hydroblast
    +2 Flusterstorm
    +1 Disenchant
    -2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    -1 Vendilion Clique
    -1 Windswept Heath
    -1 Ponder

    Keycards: Stoneforge Mystic, Hydroblast, Basic Lands
    Role: Control
    Thoughts: We got alot of Burn in my current meta, which is why this matchup is here. The matchup is all about getting Batterskull online (with protection) and ride it to victory. The reason for Disenchant is to stop their Vortex (and Eidolon). Honestly it feels like a good matchup for UW Blade Control, and I havent lost a match to Burn yet.

    I'd like to stress that if anyone has some takes on other matchups or those I've lined up here, please make a reply! Any information is very helpfull and appreciated :)

    I will make a complete report from MKM Hamburg when i get home, no worries :) I'm looking forward to discuss the SFM inclusion or exclusion later on ;)
    For now this is what i play, and how i (rule of thumb) sideboard. After Hamburg I'm open for suggestions about my entire 75 and would love to engage in debate about some "perfect" 75 for Blade Control.

    Best regards
    //aRSKOG

  4. #3804

    Re: [DTB] Blade Control

    Hello folks, I just finished putting up the new UWx Stoneblade primer here: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...UWx-Stoneblade

    Thanks a bunch to everyone who helped out, and I'm considering this to still be a work in progress - looking for any suggestions you may have about how to improve it.

    Cheers!
    Nobody plays Legacy anymore, the tournaments are all too crowded

  5. #3805
    Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Dice_Box's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2013
    Location

    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.
    Posts

    4,214

    Re: [DTB] Blade Control

    Closing her up. Link to new thread above.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)