Page 157 of 191 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 3805

Thread: [DTB] Blade Control

Dec 2013
    Paris

Re: [DTB] Blade Control

Good to see the deck in the DTB section :)

Here is my current list

4 Flooded Strand
    4 Scalding Tarn
    2 Arid Mesa
    3 Island
    2 Plains
    3 Tundra
    3 Volcanic Island

4 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 True-Name Nemesis
    2 Snapcaster Mage
    1 Vendilion clique

1 Batterskull
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    3 Dig Through Time

4 force of will
    2 Spell Pierce
    1 Pyroblast
    1 Counterspell

1 Council’s Judgment
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Ligthning Bolt
    2 Jace the Mind Sculptor

SB :
    3 Meddling Mage
    2 Containement Priest
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Pyroblast
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Blood Moon
    1 Sword of Fire/ice
    1 Supreme Verdict
    1 Wear/Tear
    1 Engineered Explosives

My biggest problem with this deck is deciding whether these lists want counterbalance or not. Any thoughts on the matter?

From my phone. I do my best, dammit!

I really wanted to play CounterTop in this deck and I've tried it both in the sb and in the main, and I think the (lets call it) Ponder version is better.

Top gives a lot of incremental advantage in the long run, but the deck can be clunky and I feel keeping a sketchy hand with Ponder is better than with Top, specially cards like TNN and SFM wants us to tap out early-ish. Not having Ponder also make DTT worst since we can't fill our graveyard as fast. Needless to say, Ponder is miles better when you need something right now, and a Top without a fetchland is often useless. So, IMO having a Top alone is worst than Ponder.

Having Counterbalance alone is atrocious while also putting a strain on the mana base, which I think is one of the best things about the deck (a wasteland proof mana base that can play Blood Moon).

Having both is pretty good of course, but it's somewhat slow to get online and most decks expect to face it from Miracles so have ways to deal with it. Another thing I like about my list at least is that it's basically cantrips, removal, counters and threats that all work well together but also can stand on their own. Having Cb + Top means that that's no longer true and I'd rather avoid that from a more philosophical point of view.

Another thing I started thinking when I was testing it was why would you play this deck with CounterTop instead of just playing miracles? And I couldn't really find a good enough reason. It's not like TNN and SFM make Miracle's bad matchups better, or at least I don't think that's the case.

I'm pretty excited that Stoneblade is in the DTB section! My biggest area for concern with this deck is the miracles matchup as well as the BUG delver matchup. I'd say every other popular matchup is around 50:50. I ran esper for quite some time and miracles always had the edge on me unless I could draw Lingering Souls or TNN. BUG with stifle has always been rough for me especially in postboard games being able to SB into a grind fest. Anyone have any experience with a pure UW or UWr list with postive matchups against these archetypes?

I think it may be a little hasty in presuming this thread is all about a red splash, when in fact red should probably be completely ignored. There are already two UWr decks in the DTB section. Miracles is the premier control build and UWr Delver remains the go-to tempo control varient. What do you think a build like this will accomplish that one of those two doesn't already? Nothing. I would argue that this thread should remain red-free until such time that it can accomplish more or completely replace one of the other UWr builds. I'm playing a pure UW list. I beat BUG with E. Tutors, a RIP, and 2x B2B, 2x Clique (+1 in the main), and 2x Flusterstorm out of the board. Countertop makes the mirror and the Miracles match-up a little better and can just dominate the Delver matchup. It also makes the Blood Moon/B2B plan more successful in general.

I'm a die hard supporter of the counterbalance package in the maindeck. In pretty much every matchup outside of death and taxes and BGx midrange, countertop can just end the game. It does push the deck more into the control spectrum of things, but that's where this deck was usually trying to go anyways--except now it has a much more consistency once you do hit the end game. In the bug matchup, countertop forces them to either decay the counterbalance or the sfm leaving one of them in play. Either one is capable of running away with the game. I've found this brute force approach helpful versus most abrupt decay decks (except Jund, which is a terrible matchup for my UWr list--souls really turns it into a 50-50 or better matchup though).

Dec 2008
    Chile

I dont think this thread is about or not about the red splash.
    I think this is about UW(r) no delver, no terminus, yes stoneforge mystic control decks.

The red splash is really about play style and not about what defines this deck.

That being said, I'm really happy to see this deck here. I'm moving from UWR delver tempo to this type of deck. I like control better than tempo.
    Now Playing:
    - Commander - Godo, Bandit Warlord
    - Commander - Sydri, Galvanic Genius
    - Commander - Saffi Eriksdotter

Believe what you want, you've been in this thread what, 5 seconds? This thread consistently goes to the red splash discussion often, or worse, argues black v. red.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Believe what you want, you've been in this thread what, 5 seconds? This thread consistently goes to the red splash discussion often, or worse, argues black v. red.

I don't understand why that shouldn't happen here. Sure there is an esperblade thread, but this is just a generic "blade control" thread. It's natural to discuss the merits and demerits of the two most common splashes.

Dec 2013
    Paris

I think it may be a little hasty in presuming this thread is all about a red splash, when in fact red should probably be completely ignored. There are already two UWr decks in the DTB section. Miracles is the premier control build and UWr Delver remains the go-to tempo control varient. What do you think a build like this will accomplish that one of those two doesn't already? Nothing. I would argue that this thread should remain red-free until such time that it can accomplish more or completely replace one of the other UWr builds. I'm playing a pure UW list. I beat BUG with E. Tutors, a RIP, and 2x B2B, 2x Clique (+1 in the main), and 2x Flusterstorm out of the board. Countertop makes the mirror and the Miracles match-up a little better and can just dominate the Delver matchup. It also makes the Blood Moon/B2B plan more successful in general.

What lists have been putting results on this last months? UW Ones? Esper ones? If you check tcdecks almost all of them are splashing red, and i can totally understand why.

Dig Through Time is the card that made this deck good again, and allows it to fight against Shardless Bug and Miracles (this decks are quite huge in Europe) on the same level.

And you know what is good to fight against Dig Through Time, Counterbalances, Jaces and Ancestral Visions? Pyroblast? Red elemental blast?

At the same time it allows you to play Blood Moon, that helps a lot against BUG decks and weird matchups like lands, and if you play in a fair meta you can play Lightning Bolt.

I'm totally fine with people not splashing red but no need to be so fussy about it

Counterbalance is also a nice option in this deck, i have nothing against it, but the list i have posted is the one that has been giving me the best results and that i will most probably play at GP Kyoto.

And i do believe that this deck took UWR Delver place in the DTB section.

Tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.
    Mar 2014

I'm very happy to see this thread in the DTB.

I'm moving from Patriot to Blade Control after the ban of Treasure Cruise and the stability of Blade's manabase are great in the present meta.

In this time i take familiarity with the concept of Control-Creatures based deck and I play a UW pure version, with 7/8 basic lands, Academy Ruins and Engineered Explosives because the meta are full of MUD, and I can destroy up to 2 Chalice of Void without problems, before the Academy is Wasted.

I've seen lists online running Spell Snare instead of Pierce in the Main Board. I imagine they make several of your Fair matchups better since it deals with a lot of the powerful creature cards on other decks(Goyf, Snap, Eidolon, Pyromancer, opposing Stoneforges, etc.), and a couple decent non-creature spells like Hymn, Price, and Counterbalance; but I imagine that having access to both Bolt and Swords already makes fair matchups decent, and there's not enough non-creature spells around that I'd prefer to have an edge against, even so I'd rather use Pierce over Snare if that was the case. Thoughts?

Have you guys been thinking about running Myth Realized in this deck? Seems like a good option, it gets better just by playing the game, something to throw extra mana into and not a terrible late game topdeck

Dec 2011
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
    In this time i take familiarity with the concept of Control-Creatures based deck and I play a UW pure version, with 7/8 basic lands, Academy Ruins and Engineered Explosives because the meta are full of MUD, and I can destroy up to 2 Chalice of Void without problems, before the Academy is Wasted.
    Explosives in a 2-color deck is pretty ambitious.

Yeah, if it's chalice giving you fits, Ratchet Bomb is better here as its capable of doing a lot of work against the whole of MUD.

So yesterday I just Top2'ed the Eternal Clash Legacy Event with 72 participants in North Germany, Flensburg.

I've been playing Jeskai Blade since Khans of Tarkir with 4 Treasure Cruise and Young Pyromancer but after the bannings I changed the slots to 1 Jace, the Mindsculptor and 3 Dig Through Times (Bonkers card).

Here is the List I've been playing yesterday:

Lands (20)
    1 Plains
    1 Plateau
    2 Island
    3 Tundra
    3 Volcanic Island
    3 Arid Mesa
    3 Scalding Tarn
    4 Flooded Strand

Creatures (9)
    2 Snapcaster Mage
    3 True-Name Nemesis
    4 Stoneforge Mystic

Spells (31)
    3 Dig Through Time
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    1 Counterspell
    2 Spell Pierce
    4 Force of Will
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Lightning Bolt
    1 Council’s Judgment
    1 Supreme Verdict
    1 Jace, the Mindsculptor
    1 Umezawas Jitte
    1 Batterskull

Sideboard (15):
    1 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Pyroblast
    1 Red-Elemental Blast
    1 Spell Snare
    1 Sudden Demise
    1 Wear//Tear
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Bloodmoon
    1 Vendilion Clique
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Containment Priest

Although I was very frustrated the day before at FridayNightMagic I started the event day
    in a very confident, well rested mood. I bought 5 Bananas and 6 Apples and a pack of cereal bars and bread to get me through the day.
    I was curious how the people react to my new black bordered sleeves called Bordifies, that me and two of my friends have engineered in the last few months.
    (Read more: http://Bordifies.com, http://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/

In the past I lost a lot games against Loam.dec, Maverick, BUG Control and BUG Tempo so I asked my friend
    Dennis, who Top2'ed the last Eternal Clash to borrow me his Bloodmoon. Althougt I only play 3 basics, the card seems legit in the Matchups
    where I really need some permanent solution which either wins me the game or gets me there.

Round 1: Niels featuring Affinity 2:0
    He told me he hasn't played a long time and this was his first tournament since 2007.
    I kept both games a good hand including Stoneforge, Force for his Plating and Ponder into Supreme Verdict game 2 for his
    Etched Champion and Jitte gets the job done.

Round 2: Philip featuring UR OmniSneak (Top4) 2:1
    I knew Philip since I started playing at Flensburg's local store and I knew what sort of deck he was piloting.
    Game 1 he has the Combo-Overload and trumps me with Sneak-Attack into Grisslebrand + Emrakul.
    Game 2 I sideboarded: 2 Flusterstorm, 1 Pyroblast, 1 Red-Elemental Blast, 1 Vendilion Clique, 1 Wear // Tear (they often play Defense Grid and it also kills Omni/Sneak in mid-combo), Pithing Needle (mostly Sneak, sometimes Grisslebrand), 2 Containment Priest (only hoses the Creature part of Show and Tell) and 1 Surgical Extraction since I was expecting Intuition and Dig Through Time.
    I can't remember exactly both games but one turn he tries to resolve SnT which gets Flusterstormed by me and which gets Flusterstormed
    by him, unlike him I was able to pay for the storm copies. Strange. Vendilion Clique and Containment Priest (why does it have flash, IDK) got there.

Round 3: Momme featuring Imperial Painter (Top1) 1:1 ID
    Momme is a good friend and we talked for a while as we set down at Table 6.
    At that time I didn't expect to see him in the finals again.
    I told him I hate playing against friends and propably kicking out one which occured 5 out of 7 games in the last Clash.
    After short discussion we ID'ed to get both into Top8 (which ended up that way :D). Nevertheless we played this round seriously.
    THIS round and the final was one of the best magic I've ever played. Seems like the deck Painter is leading to a lot of strange and
    uncommon decisions and plays. All three games included several Planeswalkers KOTH vs Jace, 4 Swords/4 Lightning Bolts on each Scarecrow,
    Red-Elemental Blasts on Ensnaring Bridges, and operating with 3 Lightning Bolts under Bloodmoon.
    I lost Game 1, won Game 2 with Jace against Bridge and Game 3 took way too long. We end up in turns and he was attacking me for one each turn and milling me with grindstone as I was trying to Fate-Seal my Jace to the win. I end up on 1 life as he plays Chandra, Pyromaster (yes, chandra the red JTMS!) to Ping me the last damage just before the last turn.
    1:1 ID but he'd have one that game (maybe)

Round 4: Jesper (Danish) featuring Elves 1:2
    This round was very unfortunate for me. I've seen him playing
    elves on another table next to me, so the cat was out of the bag.
    Game 1 He mulliganed to 5 and I mulliganed down to FOUR cards on the draw.
    I kept a hand with: 1 Tundra, 1 Swords to Plowshares, 1 Stoneforge, 1 Force of Will - SNAP KEEP
    Jesper starts with Forest- Quirion Ranger. I draw a Volcanic Island and plow his Ranger right away since he was on a mull to 5, too.
    He passed the turn which was great for me. (afterwards he said he would be able to glimpse-kill me with that hand if the ranger had sticked)
    I drew a Ponder for the Turn (enabling Force) and played Stoneforge into Jitte, countering Glimpse in the next few turns and Jitte
    getting the win for me.
    Game 2 he had the combo and hoofed me to 1. I had one window to find Supreme Verdict and failed.
    Game 3 I mulliganed down to 4 cards again (ffs, no lands). Easy game for him.

I was frustrated. I had no chance with mulligans against this sort of combo and did my very best in game 2. Momme won his game so he was
    in a good position.

Round 5: Infect (Danish) 2:0
    I forgot his name and can't remember many details but he wasn't new to the tournament scene and very confidant with his playstyle.
    As far as I remember both games involved Jitte and Swords to Plowshares and Lightning Bolts on his Creatures after Combat. He
    was very aware of not running into removal after pumping and I was very aware of Vines of the Vastwood. In this Match up it's really important
    to be patient and not to tap out. I bluffed a spot removal for two turns which lead to enabling stoneforge the following turn.
    Game 1 was a long grind.
    Game 2 was very short as he didn't found his Natures Claim for my Jitte.

Round 6: Felix Munch featuring Lands 2:1
    I knew Felix from the last Eternal Clash as he was one of the danish players traveling to Flensburg.
    Last time he played a very sweet foil japanese 4-color Lands deck with Tolaria West, Ancient Ruins and Engineered Explosives
    and I was sure he is playing it this time.
    Game 1: On Turn 1 I played a ponder to find some fetchies or basics followed by turn 2 Stoneforge.
    He gets loam+wasteland, punishing fire+grove online and kills my stoneforge. I played a turn 4 Brainstorm mainphase with an uncracked fetch in play to find some action
    which shows Tundra, Tundra, Volcanic. I immediatly say "Shuffle" and he was like: WHAT, WAIT, WHY? But I already shufflled them into the library. I'm still unsure why I resolved the Brainstorm like a Ponder. We both called the Headjudge. After very long discussion about the situation, the error I made and how to continue, the judge said:
    I shuffle my library and proceed with the Brainstorm. The judge left and I asked Felix: "May I resolve my brainstorm now?" and he was like "No, dude?! Why would you?"
    a guy next to me immediatly called the judge back to the table because the situation was still unclear. I asked the judge how to proceed and he said exactly what I thougt.
    Resolve a second Brainstorm. Felix and I thought that's a real advantage and he spoke to his second Judge to find the right ruling. I said to my opponent that we both
    play very slow decks and I conceeded game 1, because with a second draw I'd be out of Top8. After we continue with sideboarding the judge came back to the table and explained it is a game loss, because the situation can't be fixed. That sounds reasonable. I apologized and we started sideboarding. I brought in:
    1 Bloodmoon (Hell, YEAH), 1 Relic of Progenitus and 1 Surgical and 1 Vendilion Clique to fight Life from the Loam.
    Game 2: I kept a hand including 3 Fetchlands and a Bloodmoon. He said: "That's a really good Card"
    Game 3 included Relic of Progenitus, Jace The Mindsculptor, Stoneforge, Batterskull and True-Name Nemesis and four lands on my board
    and Maze of Ith, Urborg and some other lands on his board. I attack him a few times, since True-Name can't be mazed
    but I haven't found my fifth land to equip nemesis. He played Enigneered Explosives for 3, but didn't blow it up as he was still aware of the bloodmoon
    in my deck. In the meanwhile I tick up my Jace as fast as possible, fate-sealing myself to get rid of three extra nonbasic lands. He blew up the explosives
    leaving me unable to attack due to his maze. My only goal to win this was my Jace on 11 Counters. He played his ancient ruins and put his Engineered Explosives on top.
    So there was this situation: I could Fateseal him and put the EE on the bottom, but if he had a cycle land I'd loose on the spot or I could Spell Pierce it buying me an extra turn.
    I brainstormed with Jace finding Dig Through Time and passed the turn. He plays EE for 4 having 2 mana open. I pierced- he pays. I DTT EOT to find me either Councils Judgment or Wear//Tear or Ponder/Brainstorm. I found Council's Judgment and True-Name Nemesis, incase my Jace dies. I fatesealed him and casted Council's Judgment in my Mainphase. He conceded.

Round 7: Finn featuring MonoOmni 2:0
    After the scores were updated Finn and I knew we had to play against each other.
    He's a friend of Momme and I know him from Danish Legacy Masters in Kopenhagen last year.
    Game 1: He tried to Show&Tell me on Turn 2 with City but my Pierce was able to stop him this turn.
    Later he tried to SnT again which gets forced by me. Stoneforge + Batterskull is a decent clock.
    It was very important to win Game 1 because I'm not that well prepared for this combo matchup
    Game 2: I had permission overload again, like in most other combo matchups and my Red Elemental + Pyroblasts,
    Flusterstorm, Pierce and Clique gets the job done.

Top8 Torge featuring ANT 2:1
    Game 1: I mulliganed to 5 and he Gitaxian Probe'd my Hand on Turn 2 with 2 Lands and 2 Stoneforges. With zero permission In my hand he starts thinking and is
    deep in the tank. After 3 minutes I ask him in a kind manner to speed up his pace because it was already very late in the evening. He said he plays that deck for the first
    time in this configuration and it is his second tournament in a long time. He then cast double ritual, LED, Petal, Infernal Tutor, Past in Flames, Rinse - Repeat and Tendrills me.
    I asked him "WTF? How did it take you so long? That's the basic combo route of this deck." He replied it was already late and he was nervous. I'm okay and borded in:
    2 Flusterstorm, 1 REB, 1 Pyroblast, 1 Vendilion Clique, 1 Surgical, 1 Spell Snare, 1 Relic of Progenitus, 1 Grafdiggers Cage
    Game 2 and 3 I have a lot of permission and I countered his Xantid Swarms with Force of Will to ensure they are still alive.
    One important sequence was Turn 4 in Game 2 where he Duress'ed me and I had 5 cards in graveyard two blue mana open and flusterstorm, spell pierce, dig through time and brainstorm in hand. I thought about hiding flusterstorm and pierce with brainstorm but if he had the combo I'd be dead, so I showed him my hand without any response.
    He counted my graveyard and wasn't happy. He had to take the Dig Through Time because I'd be able to dig in the EOT if he chose anything else. Later in the game he wasn't able to get through my permission.

Top4 Max featuring Team America 2:0
    I tested this Matchup for a very long while now with two friends in Kiel and it seems like the Tasigur build is a lot more trouble than the
    Dark Confidant build. Liliana is a must answer threat against us and Sylvan Library will grind us out if unchecked.
    So I played against Max, one of the organizers of Eternal-Clash and old friend from the local store.
    Game 1 He won the die roll and started with Turn 2 Dark Confidant which meet my Lightning Bolt immediatly, not playing around Daze because I had a second one in my hand
    and a turn two Stoneforge Mystic on my side. After a lot of removal spells and no Liliana I win with True Name and Batterskull.
    Game 2 I boarded in Bloodmoon, Relic, Wear//Tear for Null Rod and Sylvan Library, Spell Snare for Hymn, Library and Tarmogoyf sometimes and Pithing Needle for Liliana.
    He started again with Turn 2 Confidant which met a Bolt again. (If this card would have been a Tasigur later in the game I'd be in a lot of troubles both games)
    I ponder and find a blood moon and 2 fetchlands. Unfortunatly he wastelands me on his turn three but I find my third land and try to resolve the Moon
    while he was having Black and Green mana open and Decay in hand. I wasn't sure if he anticipated my Moon or didn't have anything else to play at that time.
    After getting Swords to Plowshares and Dig Through Time Hymned and the second Dig Through Time Forced I resolve Stoneforge fetching and playing and Batterskull.
    Later True-Name resolves and he has two Tarmogoyfs unable to attack. He tried to Golgari Charm my Creature but I had Spell Pierce in hand and he was tapped out.
    A few turns later I was very sure he had a liliana in hand, unable to cast efficiently. I had a snapcaster in hand and tried to trap him by attacking with my Nemesis and Batterskull in his Goyfs. He said "This must be a combo trick - but I'll take it" and blocks with one Goyf to kill my Germ. EOT he plays Abrupt Decay on my Stoneforge leaving me with only Nemesis. He played Liliana in his Turn with a big smile and I responded with flashing in Snapcaster.
    He had to uptick liliana and I discarded Brainstorm having Council's Judgment in Hand as safety button. With already five lands in play I equipped Nemesis with Batterskull and killed
    Liliana going up to 38 Lifes. Later I attacked him from 21 to 14 to 7 to 0.

Finals Momme featuring Imperial Painter 0:2
    We split prices but decided to play it out for the honour.
    It's funny that we actually meet again in the finals after ID'ing in Round 3.
    This was again one of my best magic games in a while, we both had a lot of fun that day battling against each other.
    Game 1 he Mooned me out of the Game.
    Game 2 I have an answer to all of his Painters but he lays an Ensnaring Bridge. I find Jace in my Dig Through Time
    and start Fatesealing him, as he played all of his cards to ensure the Bridge will be enough. After a very long grind he checked
    if he can mill me faster with his two Grindstones in play, than my Jace. He quickly calculated and started milling the best he could.
    Later I had to Brainstorm to ensure that two different colors were on top while still having counters and fateseals to prevent REB for my Jace.
    In the end I Jace ultimated him but his Grindstone was one card faster.

I won: 1 Tundra (revised), 1 Bloodmoon (TheDark, now I don't have to buy one for myself) and we split 1 Badlands (FBB, DE) in cash.

Thanks everyone involved in this sweet tournament. Make sure to read all the stories on http://eternal-clash.com
    If you are interested in the colored perfect size sleeves I played you can check out:
    http://Bordifies.com

~screallix

P.S: Sorry for the long post, I don't even have a potato for you :(
    Last edited by screallix; 03-29-2015 at 12:16 PM.

Tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.
    Mar 2014

Yeah, if it's chalice giving you fits, Ratchet Bomb is better here as its capable of doing a lot of work against the whole of MUD.

Yes but Chalice @2 destroy this plan.
    The first Chalice enter the battlefield @1 and the 2nd @2.
    I play the Engineered at converted mana cost =0

Anyway i try the Ratchet this Week and post my impressions.
    Thank you for advice man!

:)

Feb 2013
    Warsaw, Ny

Sorry guys to leave you hanging , I have a separate thread dedicated to red splash. But here is a breakdown of what went down when I took down legacy in Syracuse for the Premier IQ. I been a little broke lately so sunday was the first time in a while I could play.

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=82342

Creatures (9)
    3 Snapcaster Mage
    3 Stoneforge Mystic
    3 Vendilion Clique
    Spells (30)
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    4 Lightning Bolt
    4 Terminus
    3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    2 Counterspell
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Ponder
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    Lands (21)
    4 Island
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Scalding Tarn
    2 Arid Mesa
    2 Tundra
    1 Mountain
    1 Plains
    1 Plateau
    1 Volcanic Island
    1 Karakas
    Sideboard (15)
    3 Flusterstorm
    3 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Engineered Explosives
    2 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Rest in Peace
    1 Mindbreak Trap
    1 Pyroclasm
    1 Supreme Verdict

(No dig through times XP. Jace/snapcaster is enough card advantage to play draw-go)

Round 1: Evan on Miracles 2-1

Win the coin flip , I get a batterskull and get to 32 life. I lose to a resolved entreat the angels on 4 eating at my 32 life in two turns. Game two I get snap caster beats for a while then stoneforge batterskull backup. It was close, but I win game three on turns by flipping top to counter a terminus on my attack when he was a mana shy from paying for it.

Round 2 bryan: bug delver 2-1

I smash game one with batterksull online against a flipped delver. Game two I lose to a play mistake of having double tarn without cracking them in response to a pithing needle so I scoop when my top deck tundra gets wastelanded. Game three I kept a shaky hand that I can get potentially waste landed out of the game but has a playable stoenforge. Myopponent draws too many cards off ponder and gets a loss on turn 3
    :-/

Round 3: Quin onDredge/(with lands)2-0
    Game one I use snapcaster bolt trick to hold off ichrid attacks while getting rid of bridges without creating tokens. first snap caster bolt trick exiles 2 bridges, the third in late game grabs another. I stabilize and he eventually decks. Game two, I keep a hand with engineered explosives and rest in peace. It was over in quick.... I cast engineered explosives to avoid a potential cabal therapy's down the road, He plays nature's claim on it. I cast rest in peace and proceed to the win phase with jace two turns later.

Round 4:Joey delver
    I win game one I get witled down to one life facing a flipped delver and a unflipped delver with only snap caster on the ground. It was close and it came down to me casting a vendilion clique to trade with a flipped delver and then me getting lucky with brainstorm to hit a non-fetch land to get me to my 5th mana to cast sword of fire and ice on a snapcaster to handle an unflipped delver. If my opponent had better luck flipping delver I would have lost. Game two I get to draw a bit of jace but he finally gets a tarmogofy through with abrupt decay back up to get me, game 3 we went to turns and drew

Round 5 : Ted McCulskie on shardless bug 0-2
    I just got smashed 0-2. its a bad matchup. Shardless agent hitting visions , thought seize and hymns all day long. even saw a tasigur

Round 6:tim miracle (edit: found my scored board) 2-1

Game one I am facing a naked counterbalance (no top) and I cast an end of Tim's turn vendilin clique to see if the coast is clear for jace. I resolve my Jace. I fateseal. He untaps and council judgement my jace. I cast jace number 2 and fate seal him out of the game. Game two he resolve an early vendilion clique and gets me before I can answer it. Game three I get a batterskull down and it gets council judgement after a single attack but I get snapcaster online with sword of fire and ice for a nice 6 a turn effect.

Round 7:chris on maverick 2-0

I got the play. On game one, I terminus on my turn 3, a scavenging ooze ,mother of runes, and dryad arbor and then jace him out. Game 2 I get there as well but I almost messed up a ponder by almost drawing a terminus. I put 3 cards back and then realized I didn't draw (terminus is on top). Called a judge, but I couldn't undo the order, but I was allowed to shuffle and get out of it. The ponder wasn’t great but it beat having a miracle stuck in hand

Top 8: I get in on the 8th seat

Round: Elliot Wolchesky on miracles 8
    I lose game one to miracles. But games 2 and 3 I get under it and win keeping counterbalance and jace off the table. I even used Engineered explosives to handle an entreat the angels resolution

Round 9: Drew Brantner on miracles
    I lose game one to miracles. But game in game two I keep a shaky hand with force of will x2,ponder and spell pierce, stoneforge mystic and 2 non blue lands and go for the early stoneforge and get there. Game 3 I get under it and win keeping counterbalance and jace off the table

Round 10: Wilkin Chau on dead guy ale 2-0
    I have to keep dark confidant off the board as quick as I can games one and two. I swept up lingering soul tokens and dark confidants up with terminus. I even had a sweet batterskull facing lingering souls tokens that pyroclasm quickly mopped up game two.

games miracles my sideboard strategy was to board out lightning bolt x4 and terminus x4 for flusterstorm (helps win counter wars significantly and was very relevant) x 3, engineered explosives x2 (good for counterbalance and angel tokens) and red elemental blast x3 (helps take care of dig through time, jace, and counterbalance and is snapcasterable)

I sideboard against bug by bringing in Engineered explosives x2 supreme verdict x1, and pyroclasm x1

If red splash wants to be discussed more freely I have a separate thread.
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...U-W-R-control))
    Last edited by lost_ronin_soul; 04-13-2015 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofthestringz View Post
    What lists have been putting results on this last months? UW Ones? Esper ones? If you check tcdecks almost all of them are splashing red, and i can totally understand why.

Dig Through Time is the card that made this deck good again, and allows it to fight against Shardless Bug and Miracles (this decks are quite huge in Europe) on the same level.

And you know what is good to fight against Dig Through Time, Counterbalances, Jaces and Ancestral Visions? Pyroblast? Red elemental blast?

At the same time it allows you to play Blood Moon, that helps a lot against BUG decks and weird matchups like lands, and if you play in a fair meta you can play Lightning Bolt.

I'm totally fine with people not splashing red but no need to be so fussy about it

Counterbalance is also a nice option in this deck, i have nothing against it, but the list i have posted is the one that has been giving me the best results and that i will most probably play at GP Kyoto.

And i do believe that this deck took UWR Delver place in the DTB section.
    I'm not saying that red is a bad splash, I'm saying it's hard to progress any other build for all the people suggesting red. I don't think red is the best, I think it's the easiest build to play. REBs are blue spells with a red cc. Blood Moon is okay for specific matchups, but it's not necessarily any better than B2B. Lightning Bolt is junk as far as removal goes, but when you play TNN, obviously it's a faster clock on your opponent since you won't need to waste said removal on bockers. I think that may have the most to do with why it's winning. That and not many legacy grinders are playing other builds, as most players straight-up net-deck. This leads me to my previous statement. I am wanting to discuss UW builds here, but when red constantly is shoved at me, I can't work on my build, and then I get people like you who don't get this concept and continue to push red further from this misguided standpoint. But don't worry. I gave up and went to BUG. It's not like Stoneblade is making it big. They'll fall back down next month and UWr Delver will slide back up.

Blood Moon is okay for specific matchups, but it's not necessarily any better than B2B.
    Blood Moon is a lotter better than B2B, them having mountains is a lot better than them having Lotus Petals.
    Maybe I'm wrong, I'd like to hear your reasons. It also has performed better than "okay" for me.

Thread Information