Page 35 of 134 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Manaless Ichorid

Re: [Deck] Manaless Ichorid

You're dead right if we're talking about maindeck.

Whether we see some players using a few in the sideboard we'll have to wait and see.
    RE: MAV, I find most people playing Scavenging Ooze can slow us down, but doesn't stop us if we race them.
    Seeing how a 2nd turn RiP just outright shuts down Reanimiator & Dredge completely, and to a lesser extent some Storm variants that use cards like Past in Flames, Ill-Gotten Gains etc., I'm sure we'll see it in some lists.
    I just hope it's not too common!!

yeah its a headache if they start playing combinations of cage and RIP.

as for the mav topic. most of the mav players that i know of here in our country will not play RIP in SB. 1 reason is that their KOTR will stay as 2/2 forever. for punishing build, no more punishing fire for them. they prefer wheel of sun and moon instead

Quote Originally Posted by rektareloaded View Post
    .....most of the mav players that i know of here in our country will not play RIP in SB. 1 reason is that their KOTR will stay as 2/2 forever.
    You're probably right.
    But considering it would still be an auto win against Reanimator & Dredge decks should they not be able to deal with it, even with just their weenies attacking us.

Which country are you in rektareloaded, if you don't mind me asking?

Slave> RiP is just a bad Leyline of the Void that comes turn 2. RiP doesn't stop Reanimator by the way post board all Rea Decks have Show&Tell and bounce.

If we can fight leyline with reverent silence and claim ,we can fight RiP.

Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    Which country are you in rektareloaded, if you don't mind me asking?
    I'm from the land of Manny Pacquiao... Philippines!

the problem is the one who will play RIP is a miracle player and our reverent silence can be countered lol.

Quote Originally Posted by P-E View Post
    Slave> RiP is just a bad Leyline of the Void that comes turn 2. RiP doesn't stop Reanimator by the way post board all Rea Decks have Show&Tell and bounce.

If we can fight leyline with reverent silence and claim ,we can fight RiP.
    You're forgetting one fundamental difference here: Rest in Peace exiles all graveyards when it enters the battlefield and is less intensive to cast in the first few turns. Leyline has to be in a player's hand turn zero to be effective, otherwise it's a dead card. Rest in Peace is also a good top-deck, which in turn means you needs to play smart and accordingly.

I agree that Silence and Claim helps in the fight against those cards, but be careful you don't overextend into a blowout. You should, however, play to win and not to lose.

I know it was mentioned a while back, but Noxious Revival might necessitate some testing if things get out of hand, which I don't believe they will. Enlightened Tutor strategies are everwhere right now - and that can be bad for Manaless. Rest decks will see slight to fringe play, and it's obvious it's a niche card that didn't even make a very big impact in its debut. It's even worse in a Maverick shell.
    Last edited by Michael Keller; 10-10-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Oct 2012
    Sweden

Hi!

Im kind of new to this deck and as such im trying to find my very own way of breaking the game...

What are your opinions on:
    1: using Bloodghast and Dakmor Salvage together with Edge of Autumn? With Dakmor in play an Edge basically becomes "Tap Dakmor salvage: put all Bloodghasts in your graveyard into play and dredge 2". And you can even use the mana from dakmor first if you want to...

2: Using a dedicated reanimate pack of either 4 Bladewing the risen or 4 Sharuum the hegemon. With 2 of the same legend in your graveyard and at least one Bridge from below you can get an "infinite" number of zombies in play, just reanimate one, put the other into play via trigger from first, legend rule says die, put trigger from second on stack, rinse and repeat. Until you get bored .

Last, thanks to all for a great thread!

It's a nice deck to get into!

1. Edge of Autumn is very conditional, and room is already pretty tight in the deck.
    Dakmor salvage and Bloodghast are already fairly conditonal for this deck, but don't help against hate at all. Look to Hollywoods list for a deck that can fight through hate.
    If you're looking for free draw spells outside Wraith & Gitaxian Probe that work with this deck well - let us know when you find 'em!

2. True - that would be an infinite number of zombies potentially.
    As long as your opponent doesn't have an Echoing truth/Pyroclasm etc., you'd be definitely killing them that turn if you get through another Dread Return for Flame-Kin Zealot.

Man of the Bounce
    Apr 2011
    City of Angels

Played Hollywood's list at an SCG IQ. Went 2-2 drop. I started 2-0 beating Bant and U/W Miracles which I was expecting with such a deck. Then proceeded to drop the next two rounds to Burn which got me game 1 because I didn't open on dredger and it took 4 turns before I found one and was just dead. G2 hand was slow dredge and he did was burn does and killed me turn 4. T1 Bolt, T2 Flame Rift, T3 Bot, Chain, Spike, T4 Rift .... lol

Round 3 lost to combo elves. Turn 1 elf, My turn 1 discard, Turn 2 more elves, my turn 2 dredge, T3 Glimpse game over...

Its my first outing with the deck. It did beat the decks it was supposed to though so thats good. I think it will suffer against faster combo unless you have extra gas. and for the most part I felt a slave to my hand. Regardless of what was in it I felt I had to keep it as long as it had a dregdger because afterall thats our whole engine. the end step. Every mulligan is a timewalk.

Just my little blurbs. I still think the deck is rad and has great recursive creatures to be abused. Perhaps some type of hybrid list between Mana and manaless needs to be heralded again. :U
    WESTCOAST
    DREDGE Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Que View Post
    ...for the most part I felt a slave to my hand.
    Yeah I felt that way a little too - I've been running GItaxian Probe for that reason.
    Running it does however make sideboarding a bit tricker.

I'm been running the standard core cards;
    IN: Gitaxian Probe & Dryad Arbor.
    NO: Bloodghast, Dakmor Salvage or Contagion/Shoal.
    Running Arbor MD has made it easier for sideboarding game 2, however most of the time I'm not missing Contagion/Shoal, unless I encounter stuff like Scavenging Ooze etc.

Feb 2012
    Belo Horizonte/MG, Brazil

What to do against fast decks? Btw, I'm facing Show and Tell too much, and it looks like that waiting for turn 3 to cast Therapy is too late.
    Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Calado View Post
    What to do against fast decks? Btw, I'm facing Show and Tell too much, and it looks like that waiting for turn 3 to cast Therapy is too late.
    Any tips?
    try to win your game 1 if possible
    in game 2 board in all your DR targets (ex. kederekt leviathan, angel of despair, teratodon, griselbrand, iona)

Quote Originally Posted by rektareloaded View Post
    try to win your game 1 if possible
    in game 2 board in all your DR targets (ex. kederekt leviathan, angel of despair, teratodon, griselbrand, iona)
    I have the same problem - having lots of threats that can "Enters the battlefield" like Angel of Despair REALLY helps here, but does leave you in no-mans land against hate.
    Depends whether you wanna have a sideboard devoted just to this matchup.
    How often do you encounter it, compared to say Mav or Miracles?

BTW;
    I've been testing Bladewing the Risen as 4-of with 3 Grisel for funzies.
    In one game I tested against my friends' SnT deck. He drops Emrakul, saying "Annihilation Time!!", then I drop Bladewing (one in GY with BfB) to give me 99 zombies.
    He saw the funny side....

Lets be freaks...
    Dec 2007
    Mettmann

Well, Bladewing is defenite "Danger of cool things".

I'd rather play a 4th Griselbrand than this one. That are 4 outs to S&T which lets you win. You can add an Angel, if you want 5, but 4 Grisels seem more than enough.

He drops Emrakul, at end of his turn you activate Griselbrand, and just win. I see no need for fancy stuff like Bladewing. Why would you play other targets than Griselbrand, Angel, Elesh, Iona or Flayer anyways?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    Kenjawn, Mutator of Cells
    :16: - (See, now Erratic Explosion's a deck)
    Legendary Creature - Horror
    Haste, Hexproof, Double Strike, Trample
    Kenjawn, Mutator of Cells is indestructible.
    Permanents you control can't be sacrificed or copied.
    Whenever Kenjawn, Mutator of Cells attacks, defending player gets liver cancer (This effect doesn't end at end of turn.)
    13/13

Quote Originally Posted by NecroYawgmoth View Post
    Why would you play other targets than Griselbrand, Angel, Elesh, Iona or Flayer anyways?
    Well you wouldn't competitively - we were just having fun.
    Grisel nd Flayer are my fave's for sure.
    Elesh & Iona are great SB for certain matchups, but I find it hard to include them with all the ench/art hate we need to pack in.

any match up in this "time of miracles". hopefully more match ups will be posted so that we can learn something new

If I do decide to play Manaless at the NELC at Jupiter Games again this weekend, I'll have an updated list ready to go.

Id be very interested to see this update Hollywood.

Sep 2012
    orange county, ny

I am currently running Hollywood's list, and i was debating pulling out the removal 2 contagions and 1 shoal for 3 probes. Has anyone tried this? Or does removing our removal spells cripple us against certain match ups?

Quote Originally Posted by teonsw View Post
    I am currently running Hollywood's list, and i was debating pulling out the removal 2 contagions and 1 shoal for 3 probes. Has anyone tried this? Or does removing our removal spells cripple us against certain match ups?
    With Deathrite Shaman and Dryad Militant coming out of the gates, that would probably be a mistake (currently).

Thread Information