Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134
Results 2,661 to 2,664 of 2664

Thread: [Deck] Manaless Ichorid

Re: [Deck] Manaless Ichorid

After quite some time, it finally felt great to indulge in Manaless once again. I wound up going with my traditional blue list:

Manaless Dredge
    by Hollywood

[4x] Golgari Grave-Troll
    [4x] Stinkweed Imp
    [4x] Golgari Thug
    [4x] Ichorid
    [4x] Nether Shadow
    [4x] Narcomoeba
    [4x] Bridge from Below
    [4x] Cabal Therapy
    [4x] Dread Return
    [4x] Phantasmagorian
    [4x] Street Wraith
    [4x] Gitaxian Probe
    [3x] Force of Will
    [3x] Shambling Shell
    [3x] Whirlpool Rider
    [2x] Faerie Macabre
    [1x] Flayer of the Hatebound

//Sideboard
    [4x] Disrupting Shoal
    [4x] Contagion
    [2x] Ashen Rider
    [2x] Faerie Macabre
    [2x] Snapback
    [1x] Force of Will

Here were my match-ups:

Death and Taxes: Destroyed them game one, and brought in the Shoals and Force. Opponent goes for the turn-two Rest in Peace and I counter it with Disrupting Shoal pitching Narcomoeba. I had previously discarded a Golgari Grave-Troll for the turn and proceeded to dredge into Ichorids and Shadows over the next few turns. I also had two more Forces in hand.

[1-0]

U/b Tezzeret: I started off with a slow hand using Shambling Shell to get things going. By the time I could get business going, he landed Humility. I did have Bridges in my graveyard, but with a Sword of the Meek in play he managed to top-deck a Thopter Foundry (naturally after the turn I cast Cabal Therapy for it). I didn't know if he had Grafdigger's Cage as a sideboard option, as I was expecting Nihil Spellbomb. I didn't board into Shoals and took my chances. He opened with Cage and I scooped them up.

[1-1]

Burn: I opened with double-Street Wraith and Golgari Grave-Troll, which wound up just destroying him. It was four life paid, but I finished the game at about six life and ripped his hand apart. I also Forced a Flame Rift at one point. I then paid the burn player back with Flayer and Troll for arbitrary. In game two he just couldn't open with a Crypt and I wound up just demolishing him again with Ichorid and Shadow systematic beats.

[2-1]

Sneak and Show: After my opponent durdles for a little while with cantrips, I'm able to begin the assault with multiple Ichorids in conjunction with Cabal Therapy. That alone forced him to dump his hand with multiple Forces, and all he had in his hand were two Emrakuls and a Spell Pierce - with no open blue. I Dread Return Flayer and kill him. I actually did the unthinkable in game two and mulliganed(!). My opening hand was atrocious, and I figured I got a freebee because my opponent mulliganed as well. If he was going for the fast Show and Tell, I wanted to make sure I opened with Ashen Rider. Sure enough, my opponent on his second turn cast Show and Tell. He flips Omniscience and I flip Ashen Rider. From there five damage a turn did him in. (He did manage to Echoing Truth the Rider at four life, but the beats came with Shadows and Ichorids which sealed the deal.)

[3-1]

I felt very comfortable with the list and sideboard for my meta. The counter package proved huge in critical situations, especially against Rest in Peace. I always tinker around with the board, but again I like the two Faerie Macabres main to combat troublesome graveyard-based strategies game one. It also augments Ichorid and Nether Shadow, in addition to breaking the Relic lock. Highly multifaceted and still a part of my main. A very slow hand and start game one against Tezz just did me in, as I couldn't hit any Phantasmagorian, Street Wraith or Probe, so I kind of slow-dredged the game out.

It kind of made me get an itch to try Serum Powder again.

Just beat two Relics and a Surgical. Always fight the good fight:

New primer can be found here!

Still more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    New primer can be found here!

Still more to come!
    This is fantastic.
    DDD / Death & Taxes

Thread Information