Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: [Let's Bitch About] Show and Tell

Dec 2006
    Minnesota

Re: [Let's Bitch About] Show and Tell

If you're going the Glowrider route, why not bring in islands and stack your deck with Cursecatcher and Spellstutter Sprite along with Thorn of Amethyst. You wouldn't have game against Zoo, Merfolk or Goblins but you'd make it incredibly inconvenient for many decks to play their spells. You could even include Thopter/Foundry in the deck.

Worst idea ever?

Site Contributor
    Feb 2010
    Denver, CO

Quote Originally Posted by Hanni View Post
    Why does everyone assume the SNT player is able to drop Hive Mind w/ Pacts on turns 2-3 every game?
    Because people like to justify combo being broken and unfair by only considering the nut draws. You never hear somebody complain about the time TES kept a handful of cantrips and sculpted into the win on the fourth turn, you hear about the time they went T1 Ritual, Ritual, LED, Tutor, Ad Nauseam, pwnage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanni View Post

I am thoroughly unconvinced with all of the whining going on in this thread. If anyone wants to call out the player skill of my opponent's, I'd like to call out the simplicity of playing the deck.
    QFT. As has been said before, people hate combo, and people hate having to adapt to beat it.

EDIT: Also,
    Last edited by Admiral_Arzar; 08-04-2011 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Avoid DP.
    Lord of the Chalice

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    Because people like to justify combo being broken and unfair by only considering the nut draws. You never hear somebody complain about the time TES kept a handful of cantrips and sculpted into the win on the fourth turn, you hear about the time they went T1 Ritual, Ritual, LED, Tutor, Ad Nauseam, pwnage.

QFT. As has been said before, people hate combo, and people hate having to adapt to beat it.

EDIT: Also,
    I pretty much only play Aggro, and I don't hate combo, I just accept losing to it, then take the opportunity provided by a 5-minute round to go get sauced on Margaritas across the street. I hate control way more because the matches take forever and I am an impatient alcoholic.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

I pretty much only play Aggro, and I don't hate combo, I just accept losing to it, then take the opportunity provided by a 5-minute round to go get sauced on Margaritas across the street. I hate control way more because the matches take forever and I am an impatient alcoholic.

At least you're honest.

-Matt

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    At least you're honest.

-Matt
    Honestly, would you rather play spells into a counter wall or drink margaritas?
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    That's not even a fair question. Ban playing spells obv.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Site Contributor
    Feb 2010
    Denver, CO

There is so much awesome in these posts. I think I know what to do the next time I lose to fast combo.
    Lord of the Chalice

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Had to do it. Sorry guys.

Me? Aggro Player.
    Nov 2010
    Portugal

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

I dont like combo as well. Its too soon to know if any card needs to be banned.
    Burn

Pox

Affinity

Aggro Elves

BW Control

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

If only I could sig that.
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

Thread Information