Thread: [ARTICLE] Eternal Witness: Introductions and the Legacy Stone-Blade

Stop looking at my shiny purple helmet...
    Apr 2008
    London UK

[ARTICLE] Eternal Witness: Introductions and the Legacy Stone-Blade

Hi Everyone

I have started writing articles for a UK based website. We still have a developing meta here, and are trying to help people understand and get into the format. Feedback, either good or bad, would be appreciated.

http://www.magicmadhouse.co.uk/articles/?p=30

Thanks
    "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted." - John Lennon

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Re: [ARTICLE] Eternal Witness: Introductions and the Legacy Stone-Blade

I think that talking about a ported deck without spending some time on some of the diversity if Legacy is a mistake for a starting meta. I would post some info in a reply to my own article if I were you. Perhaps talk about some key cards and a deck example for each.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Re: [ARTICLE] Eternal Witness: Introductions and the Legacy Stone-Blade

I agree that you should have put a bit more emphasis on how open the Legacy metagame actually is - I mean we have like seven decks to beat, that more than there are playable decks in most other formats. This would also underline how extraordinary it is to run cards as specific as Sundial Of The Infinite. I still think that you brought up a good point with the comparison to Dredge, but there are still more graveyard strategies than just Dredge. There are people running Llawan, Cephalid Empress from time to time though, and that's really specific as well. Then again, Merfolk usually outnumbers Hive Mind by far (at least up until now, we'll see how that changes in the next few weeks/months) and is traditionally one of the blue decks' weaker matchups.

Apart from that, is there any kind of Legacy scene in the UK? I'm going to be in Oxford in October and I'd like to play some games then.

Edit: You also probably should have added a decklist at the end of the article after you went through most parts of Owen's list and stated what you would change.

Thread Information