Thread: [ISD] Card Discussion Thread

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

[ISD] Card Discussion Thread

With all FTV Legends released the spoiler season begins.

Crapmythic ftw.

Bloodgift Demon 3bb
    Creature - Demon (R)
    Flying
    At the beginning of your upkeep, target player draws one card and loses 1 life.
    He relishes the devotion of his Skirsdag puppets and their belief that it will earn them immortality.
    4/4

This might be playable
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Re: [ISD] Card Discussion Thread

Fetchable with ranger of Eos.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Legacy Inept

Oct 2005
    France

Mikaeus is not that bad. As Finn says, it's good with Ranger of Eos and not so bad in an Angel Stompy shell.

I'm so meta, even this acronym
    Sep 2008

Looks like it can be a house in standard, but looks too slow overall for Legacy. Steel Overseer has a similar (but better) ability and comes out turn 1, and that barely sees play. Phyrexian Demon is likewise too slow for much anything in legacy (even Demon Stompy shies away from cmc 5).

Quote Originally Posted by Maveric78f View Post
    Mikaeus is not that bad. As Finn says, it's good with Ranger of Eos and not so bad in an Angel Stompy shell.
    Seems to me that Mirror Entity is going to be superior in most situations. Though, at least, the CC on it doesn't make it outright unplayable.

Demon is not legacy playable. For that CC it basically needs to win the game.

Feb 2004
    Clifton Park, NY

The Demon at least will be EDH playable. Perhaps not as much of a bomb as Rune-Scarred Demon, but I might find room for an arena on legs in my Kaalia deck.
    Team Albany: What's Legacy?

You cannot know the sweetness of Victory, without first dwelling in the agony of Defeat.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Sims View Post
    The Demon at least will be EDH playable. Perhaps not as much of a bomb as Rune-Scarred Demon, but I might find room for an arena on legs in my Kaalia deck.
    +1

Mikaeus is not a good card. Ranger of Eos gets him, and then you go "Well, that's not a Figure of Destiny. Le sigh."

Dec 2006
    Minnesota

I don't think this constitutes good but if you're playing mono W with equips and you've got Boots or Grieves, you could tutor this guy up with Ranger, give him haste and pump all your dudes for an alpha strike. Then again, at that point, would you just be playing Crovax?

Bad cards are so hard to make sound good.

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

That demon is going straight into my Drana EDH deck. Monoblack control loves to draw cards!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

Stay frosty.
    Apr 2009
    New York City

Quote Originally Posted by Maveric78f View Post
    Saying something isn't bad in Angel Stompy is like saying Memnite isn't bad in Cherrios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    Have to ask one of those West coasters about recreational purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSyndromeKarl View Post
    A baby seal walks into a club.
    West Coast Legacy

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by lorddotm View Post
    Saying something isn't bad in Angel Stompy is like saying Memnite isn't bad in Cherrios.
    If it weren't for my undying love of all things White Weenie I would sig this.

If you're dying for a Crusade effect, play... Crusade. Neither of this dude's abilities will work soon enough without playing dumb haste-bestowing equips that aren't Jitte or Swords, and even if you overinflate the dude to be +big/+huge, then he's just slow. If Baneslayer Angel isn't any good for this format how is a 5/5 for 5W that has no relevant abilities any good? Booo.

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

It's a limited card. The End.

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    +1

Mikaeus is not a good card. Ranger of Eos gets him, and then you go "Well, that's not a Figure of Destiny. Le sigh."
    This also begs the question of why are you playing ranger of eos in legacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by lorddotm View Post

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Mentor of the Meek
    Creature - Human Soldier
    Whenever another creature with power 2 or less enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay 1. If you do, draw a card.
    2/2

Ok, so this card is borderline playable. Kind of meh with vial and such, but fairly amazing with Elspeth. living weapon stuff is activated also so it might even bring Flayer Husk with it. Weird. Eh, maybe not, but it's an interesting effect to be sure.

I'm actually going to side on the idea that he's actually very playable. Mainly because he's so innocuous by himself. No one really wants to use removal on something like this. He's slow by super fast Legacy standards of creatures, but can bury you quick if you don't answer him. Sure, you can do cute crap like cast Spectral Procession and other "Danger of cool stuff" type things. Honestly though, I think the real power is him just sitting out there making everything in a deck like Maverick draw a card. That seems much scarier.

I'm so meta, even this acronym
    Sep 2008

It goes straight into my somewhat-viable Soldier Stompy deck for one. 3cc is probably slightly too expensive for a utility creature otherwise; especially as it doesn't have synergy with big creatures (aka the ones that actually win games).

Also, is anyone else thrilled by the fact that they're pushing humans as a tribe? Especially as at least the Mayor seems very much decent by itself?

Don't ping the hydra
    May 2007
    Spain

I'm more thrilled by the fact that I have yet to see any goblin or elf on Innistrad.
    Please stop talking about whether Force of Will is broken or not. It obviously is, and rather than "the glue that holds vintage together" it would be better to call it "the rug under which you hide the filth until there's so much that you can no longer conceal it".

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Quote Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
    I'm more thrilled by the fact that I have yet to see any goblin or elf on Innistrad.
    Thank you for pointing that out. I too am now happy about that. I hadn't noticed until you caught it. That made my day. : )

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitium View Post
    It goes straight into my somewhat-viable Soldier Stompy deck for one. 3cc is probably slightly too expensive for a utility creature otherwise; especially as it doesn't have synergy with big creatures (aka the ones that actually win games).

Also, is anyone else thrilled by the fact that they're pushing humans as a tribe? Especially as at least the Mayor seems very much decent by itself?
    And then the Mayor transforms and only boosts Werewolves. :( That's the other dumb thing about transform, the way it's worded your opponent gets about as much say over whether it's "night or day" as you do.

I hope he's not the only 'Human Lord', I've been waiting for a decent Human Lord for a while. So many good cards are incidentally Humans. Mother of Runes, Dark Confidant, Eternal Witness, blah blah blah, everyone's pet example here...

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

Locking this thread to consolidate discussion in the other one.
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

Thread Information