Thread: [SCD] Thousand-Year Elixir

Jun 2004
    Madison, WI

[SCD] Thousand-Year Elixir

I saw a guy playing with Thousand-Year Elixir the other day. He was using it in conjunction with Mangara of Corondor to get a double Vindicate for 4 mana. I recently built a G/W pseudo-hate deck with this combo in it. The Elixir is also good with Knight of the Reliquary, allowing him to do some serious digging when he comes down (too bad Modern doesn't have any REALLY juicy lands that you can get). But that interaction with Elixir isn't *that* busted. I'm looking for something else in G/W that works well with Thousand-Year Elixir. If it were just straight-up haste, it would be good with a lot of things (Hero of Bladehold would be pretty nuts as a hasty beater. 7 out of the blue? Sign me up). As it is, it's difficult to justify using it in a 7 mana 2 turn combo in a deck with no tutoring. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Draener View Post
    You know who thinks it's sweet to play against 8 different decks in an 8 round tournament? People who don't like to win, or people that play combo. This is not EDH; Legacy is a competitive environment, and it should reward skill - more so than it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borealis View Post
    Plow their Mom every chance you get!

The one and only Incurable Ham
    Apr 2010
    Columbus, OH

Re: [SCD] Thousand-Year Elixir

I was thinking about fitting it into some kind of elf-combo list. Maybe like a one-sided Concordant Crossroads that also allows you to untap your Elvish Archdruid?

EDIT: Doesn't really help with a GW Haterator deck, but I guess you could build GW elves with it...

Jun 2004
    Madison, WI

Hmm, the Stonehewer looks interesting. So does Imperious Perfect. This really might be more of an Elves thing than a GW thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draener View Post
    You know who thinks it's sweet to play against 8 different decks in an 8 round tournament? People who don't like to win, or people that play combo. This is not EDH; Legacy is a competitive environment, and it should reward skill - more so than it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borealis View Post
    Plow their Mom every chance you get!

Simple Jack Daniel's
    Apr 2009
    San Diego, CA

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeyMikey View Post
    Hmm, the Stonehewer looks interesting. So does Imperious Perfect. This really might be more of an Elves thing than a GW thing.
    Possibly the danger of cool things, but this+Rosheen Meanderer+Genesis Wave seems pretty gross. Especially since Meanderer and Wave already combine well. (Also works pretty well with GSZ, I'd wager.)

Also works with Profane Command. The biggest joy I got in Lorwyn/Shards Standard was using Meanderer to turn Profane Command into a win con. I pissed a few people off doing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    Terramorphic Expanse combines well with Urborg, tapping all over the place for black mana and then BOOM you fetch a Plains and blow them out with Ramosian Rally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scordata View Post
    Man, why won't the Rock just go away? It doesn't even have any friends.

Like, you know that feeling when you are walking outside and you step in dog shit?
    Thats the exact feeling i have when my opponent opens with Land, Mox diamond, Dark Confidant.

Sep 2007
    Roseville, MN

It might be good with Fauna Shaman since it's the same color as Knight of the Reliquary and it helps enable/tutor other creature-based combos like Mangara.

Legacy Inept

Oct 2005
    France

How did I forget about Fauna Shaman? It looks like just the best...

Thread Information