Hey everyone!
First time poster here and hopefully here to stay. :-)

I've been playing Magic for almost 10 years but after a few years break I've only just got back into it.
At the time my deck was alright but after losing a lot of my cards in trades when I wasn't playing it isn't as good as it used to be. I've just re-started playing Magic so I thought, why not build the deck from the start?

I'm a very defensive player and only tend to attack when I know I won't hurt myself in the process afterwards. I had a lot of cards in my deck and it was doing a lot of things but wasn't EXCELLENT at any of them. Jack of all trades, master of none so to speak.

I removed a lot of cards ("Highlights" being excise, armored ascension, reya dawnbringer, etc)and it's now down to just a few over 60 cards.
I also had crazy health combos involving Proper Burial, Boon Reflection, Angel's Feather and Heroes Remembered.

The deck as it is now:

Lands:
23 x Plains

Creatures:
4 x Mother of Runes
2 x Beloved Chaplain
2 x Angelic Wall
2 x Pride Guardian
1 x Wall of nets
1 x Rappelling Scouts
2 x Radiant, Archangel
1 x Serra Angel
2 x Beast of Burden
2 x Sunblast Angel
1 x Admonition Angel
1 x Luminous Angel
1 x Akroma, Angel of Wrath
1 x Gideon Jura

Spells:
3 x Concerted Efforts
4 x Humble
2 x Afterlife
2 x Endless Horizons
2 x Story Circle
2 x Helm of Possession
2 x Luminarch Ascension
1 x Faith's Fetters
1 x Aura of Silence

And that's that!
Now to explain the reasoning behind most of the cards.

I have Mother of Runes as a staple in all of my white decks. I want to keep the Angels in if possible because this is a Flyer/Angelic themed deck and they will be my primary offenders along with Beast of Burden.

I try to build my defence around Mother of Runes, Beloved Chaplain, Story Circle. Remove any creatures by dropping Humble while being attacked or dropping Afterlife.
I try to build up the 4 counters on Luminarch Ascension and after that I can start pumping out Tokens.
These tokens serve multi purposes. They will be boosting Radiant, Archangel since they all fly. They will increase the Beast's power/toughness too and they would be the main sacrifice target to use helm of possession on. With two Helms in play I can just sacrifice the opponents creatures as a way of removing them from the field too!

Endless Horizons are used to speed things up and making sure that every time I draw I will be drawing essential cards and not just lands. Since I will be dropping a land each turn Admonition Angel's ability triggers and will start exiling the opponent's cards aswell.

Wall of Nets is there for added defence along with Gideon Jura.

These are all individual combos and plays in the deck. It is very dynamic and I can adapt to situations really fast but the ULTIMATE GOAL is to have a decent defence going. Maybe Beast of Burdens in play with a lot of Angel Tokens. Drop Akroma while Concerted Effort is in play. Protect them all with Mother of runes and just stampede the opponent. They would all have Akroma's bonuses and the Mother's protection!

And that's basically how my deck works however... while it sounds really good most of the times I still lose because it doesn't always work the way I want to and that's why I'm posting here now.

I wanted to get as much advice as possible. What Combos/Plays I should get rid off in exchange of better ones.
What cards I should remove or add without losing the "soul" of the deck (lots of defence + Angels)!

I'm looking at old cards I used in my deck in Portugal, namely: Cho-Manno, Worship, Pariah, Soul sculpture, etc.

I was thinking about getting True Believers aswell and Fountain Watch and swap Pride Guardians for Orders of the Stars.

Some other cards I've been "eyeing up" are: True Conviction, Platinum Angel, Fountain of Cho, Semblance Anvil, Kor haven, Victory's herald, Iona, Pristine Angel, Belbe's Portal, Blinding Angel and Adarkar Valkyrie.

Like I said, I don't mind adding and removing, without losing what the deck is all about. Cards I definitely want to keep in are the Mother of Runes, Radiant Archangel, Serra Angel, Akroma, Luminarch Ascension and Concerted Effort. Everything else I'm willing to drop for better cards!

Hope you're able to help me out and sorry about the epicly long post! I do get a bit too excited when discussing Magic! :-)