Thread: [Strategy] 12-post

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

[Strategy] 12-post

What is the best splash for a 12-post deck? So far I've seen blue and green but what are the pros and cons of each?

Also on the green splash, why isn't Magus of the Candelabra used?
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Legacy Inept

Oct 2005
    France

Re: [Strategy] 12-post

I use Magus. I played only the green version personally. From what I can tell, the green version usually wins aggro and control. The mirror is probably also in favor of G, because Primeval Titan is too good and playing virtually 12 of them (with GSZ and Summoning Trap) is really cheated. Magus and Beast Within win the mirror too, enabling to take advantage of cloudposts one turn earlier, and to generate a ridiculous amount of mana the turn after. The only game breaking spell the U version might play in the mirror is Bribery, but it's only after SB and not absolutely game breaking finally. The U version is probably as good as the green versus control and better versus combo (still not really good if you ask me) but much weaker against aggro.

Jun 2004
    Madison, WI

I run G/W. The white splash gives me some juicy stuff post board, as Suppression Field is a must answer for both Splinter Twin and Persist. Angel's Grace is an excellent answer to Hive Mind, although you could also run Ethersworn Canonist to shut off their rituals and slow down their combo. Finally, Ghostly Prison is a good card against aggro, buying you a little time to ramp mana.

I run a Titanless build, but even then, green gives you the best tools, I think. As Maveric mentions, Beast Within is amazing and Ancient Stirrings is the best draw spell available for this deck (as a 1 mana, 5 card Impulse).
    Quote Originally Posted by Draener View Post
    You know who thinks it's sweet to play against 8 different decks in an 8 round tournament? People who don't like to win, or people that play combo. This is not EDH; Legacy is a competitive environment, and it should reward skill - more so than it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borealis View Post
    Plow their Mom every chance you get!

Dec 2003
    Seattle

I'm having problems being able to beat both aggro and control. It seems like either Ancient Stirrings or expedition map to find Cloudpost is necessary for consistency.

Maveric - I would love to see your list with GSZ/Summoning trap.

Feedback is appreciated.

4 Gifts
    4 ancient Stirrings
    1 Loam

4 remand
    3 Condensend
    3 Repeal

4 PTitan
    1 Slaver
    1 STitan

2 EE
    1 OStone?
    1 All is dust?

4 Wall of Roots
    2/3 Signet
    24/25 land
    Calls for banning are almost always the scrubs way out. Real men view a challenge as something to overcome, a puzzle to solve, an opportunity to be had, and the source of evolution.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

There are 2 (imo serious and tested) threads about 12-post on the board:

Green Titan-12-post (stronger in Mirror and versus Combo) and mono-brown Steel Stompy 12-Post (crushes all aggro-decks)

All details and cardchoices are there well explained and if you read them you'll realize why your Slow-rolling list with gifts and loam doesn't stand a chance against anything.

Shouldn't take long to find them so I have no idea why you throw your list in this thread instead of doing research on the board... btw. playing without early tutoring for posts is plain wrong
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Legacy Inept

Oct 2005
    France

Quote Originally Posted by SMR0079 View Post
    Maveric - I would love to see your list with GSZ/Summoning trap.
    At your service :
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-12-Post/page2

Thread Information