Thread: [SCD] Retribution of the Meek

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

[SCD] Retribution of the Meek

Is it just me or is this card really good right now?
    Kills equiped Batterskull guy, Emrakul, Progen, Tombstalker, Goyf & Knight most of the time.

Is Retribution underplayed for any reason other than it's White?

Do you expect to see Retribution more in SBs and top 16s soon?

What decks should be SBing Retribution right now?

A quick search shows all of 2 SCG top 16 decks ran SB Retribution in the last year both of which ran it as a wish target for 4 color Loam.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

Re: SCD Retribution of the Meek

Retribution of the Meek

My first impression is that if you're playing good creatures, it's symmetrical. Who wants that?

If you're not planning on winning by bashing with good creatures, which deck are you playing that has access to W? White Stax, U/W Landstill? In those cases, if I actually wanted a board sweeper I'd much rather run a proper wrath effect for 4 and make sure I take all of those Cliques and Nacatls down, too.

But that's just my first impression, and I'm an idiot.

-Mike
    Last edited by mcfarland; 08-25-2011 at 04:32 AM. Reason: added card tag

It has been hands down my favorite "super secret" tech in U/w Stoneblade, being a non symetrical board sweeper vs the U/g/x aggro-control mirror. I think it gets most of its mileage in decks like U/w Fish, Faeries or any evasive body + Stoneforge Mystic.dec. I'd say it's up there with Perish and in a much more playable color for that matter.

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

Been playing it in Death & Taxes sideboards for many, many moons. It's a really good card in there (only critter with power >= 4 is Jotun Grunt), if you're up against the right decks.

Resident Proctologist
    Oct 2008
    Muncie, Indiana

I think it's best home would be in cat sligh. Its just a bunch of 1 drops that are less than amazing and I would think it would provide that mid game push to swing all in when their opps are dropping goyfs, knights, and whatever else.

1) This card is good. Very good. Esp against the cards you listed. Even more so if you play little men.
    2) This card is not good against little men (goblins/merefolk)
    3) the metagame has shifted so that #1 is almost always the case, and #2 is almost always not.
    4) It should be in your sideboard. not maindeck.
    5) Its only better than perish if you are playing green yourself.

Banned
    Nov 2005
    Sigil, Center of the Planes - Italian district

Quote Originally Posted by DrHealex View Post
    I think it's best home would be in cat sligh. Its just a bunch of 1 drops that are less than amazing and I would think it would provide that mid game push to swing all in when their opps are dropping goyfs, knights, and whatever else.
    Very nice idea. In Zoo, small critters can be removed by burn if needed, while Path to Exile is used for big guys. Retribution of the Meek could totally replace PtE and do the same work, but adding the capability to remove Progenitus and Emrakul and possibly to generate card advantage in the form of x*1.

Maybe something like this:

4 Windswept Heath
    4 Arid Mesa
    4 Wooded Foothills
    2 Taiga
    2 Plateau
    1 Savannah
    1 Forest
    1 Mountain
    1 Plains

4 Wild Nacatl
    4 Qasali Pridemage
    4 Loam Lion
    4 Kird Ape
    4 Goblin Guide
    4 Grim Lavamancer

4 Retribution of the Meek

4 Lightning Bolt
    4 Chain Lightning
    2 Fireblast
    2 Price of Progress

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

I think it's fairly obvious that a lot of people just consider it secret tech. It's quite good in the right deck to be sure. I play it in Patriot also. 2x in the board.

Thread Information