I was thinking a bit about the current "combo" decks played in the format. What would constitute a list?

Vial Goblins (kinda)
Solidarity
Spring Tide
Belcher
Tendrils (Nausea, TJS, etc.)
The Game
Welder Survival (debateable)

I came to the following conclusions about the hate that makes them lose, or at least have to work harder to get the win.

Rule of Law(Not so much goblins/Welder/Game/belcher)
Pyrostatic Pillar(most of them)
In the Eye of Chaos (Solidarity/spring tide/nausea/TJS)
Gaea's Blessing (spring tide/Solidarity)
Null Rod (belcher, Nausea)
Pithing Needle(Welder/Belcher/gobs?)
Ground Seal (WeldSur)
Humility (Welder/Gobbos/Game)

[/irrelevance]

Here's what I'm asking: Are storm based combo decks actually combo decks at all, or are they merely grouped with them for lack of a better term? The way I see it, combo decks are based around like 2 to 4 cards that work together to make something broken happen. Things like Dragon, Severance/2land Belcher, Desire, Life, Cephalid Breakfast, Trix, etc. are straight up combo. The storm based decks, on the other hand, are much much different, in the sense that all the pieces are meant to feed off of each other in order for the whole picture to take shape. Goblins is much the same way. FCG was a combo deck. Vial is not. What are these decks then, if not combo? It seems to me that they're a separate form from the rest. Maybe I'm talking out of my ass here, and I know that it doesn't actually mean anything important, but I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this as well.