Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: [INN] Spoiler discussion

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Re: [INN] Spoiler discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bastian View Post
    This just got spoiled. Personally I like it as an equipment holder. Blue means it's pitchable to FoW, hexproof means equipabble yet unkillable by most of your opponents spells, unblockable well.. it's a cherry on the top.

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=352142

Invisible Stalker 1U
    Creature - Human Rogue
    Hexproof.
    ~ is unblockable.
    1/1
    "What bothers me is the vampire's sense of smell and those icy Nephalian nights."
    (uncommon)
    Sadly (fortunately) not a Merfolk. It's a very Fish-ish creature though, worth a try.

Mentor of the Meek seems real good but it costs about half-a-mana too much. Not that there's no way to push it out earlier than turn 3 in Legacy, but I'd almost rather see it as a 1/2 for WW or something.

EDIT - nvm, RTFC. You have to pay 1 for each dude/card. Fuck it. It's dumb.
    Last edited by TsumiBand; 08-30-2011 at 10:57 PM. Reason: rtfc rtfc rtfc

Apr 2009
    Sweden, Trelleborg

Geting the card for free woult be even more dumb, balancedwise :P
    Would we really want to see a Glimpse of Nature in a body, that also triggers when tokens gets produced? :P

Really want it with combination of Bitterblossom, Elspeth or just cheap creatures overall.
    It maybe wont be finding a home in legacy but Im pretty sure it will find home in other formats like modern, block and/or standard.

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

Liliana of the Veil 1BB (Mythic)
    +1: Each player discards a card
    -2: Edict effect
    -6: Separate all permanents target player controls into two piles. Target chooses one, sacrifices everything in that pile
    3 Loyalty

A bit underwhelming in the sense that her ultimate doesn't win the game. Her +1 could possibly have been a +2, with a slightly better ultimate (-5?) at BBB, which is something WOTC should be pushing instead of allowing PWs to be splashed.

It will still see play in decks that can break the symmetry of her first ability, and an edict effect will play well with a removal heavy deck packing stuff like Gatekeepers as well. It's also useful against threat-light decks like TA as it evades MMS and snare while eating goyfs and stalkers. Could work as a 2-of in a control list that plays loam, especially as it combines edict effects with Raven's Crime, with the disability that Intuition doesn't create a situation where you relegate the control opponent to topdecking unless you have Vess in your hand or in play.
    One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Fiend Hunter:
    1WW
    human cleric

When Fiend Hunter enters the battlefield, you may exile another target creature.

When Fiend Hunter leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to the battlefield under it's owner's control.

1/3

So wizards loves D&T. Relic-Warder is a house.

Kruin Outlaw // Terror of Kruin Pass
    1RR

Creature - Human Rogue Werewolf // Creature - Werewolf
    First strike
    At the beginning of each upkeep, if no spells were cast last turn, transform Kruin Outlaw.
    ////////////
    Double strike
    Each Werewolf you control can't be blocked except by two or more creatures.
    At the beginning of each upkeep, if a player cast two or more spells last turn, transform Terror of Kruin Pass.
    "Hold tight. I've got a surprise for them."
    Illus. David Rapoza 2/2 // 3/3

This is the first one that made me interested.

This really makes me wonder if there will be a fast clock werewolf in U or W that can serve as an efficient win-con in control if they can get their cheap werewolf out, then draw and pass the turn.

Mar 2010
    geneva, the frozen waste

Lilianna of the veil is 3 mana !

Her 2 first abilities are good in pox ( yeah for what it's worth, but I'm triyng so hard to make pox viable).

With an edict like capacity she can protect herself, the moot point is that her ultimate don't win the game.

Aside the pox players, anyone can see a use for her ?
    Last edited by Plm; 08-31-2011 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Damnn ninjas
    Quote Originally Posted by lorddotm View Post
    Magic would be a lot more interesting if more Punks played it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Wow, you're right!

Sep 2007
    MN

My knee jerk reaction is disappointment with Vess, but I wanted a new walker to experiment with so I will be sleeving her up regardless.

May 2011
    New Zealand

Think Liliana might be played in Reanimator decks somehow?

Sep 2007
    MN

I don't know, it would take re-adjusting. The current reanimators want t1 discard, t2 reanimate, or t1 protection, t2 discard/reanimate or t3 reanimate. If vess is not cast via dark ritual it would drastically change the decks critical turn.

These new spoilers make me want to build UWr Fish so bad.

Also, I guess the new hexproof guy may push UG Infect half a tier up.

Hostile to humans

Mar 2008
    Moscow, Russia

I guess I should discard some Bloodghasts and Vengevines with new Liliana, then dig them out and clear path for them with the same Liliana. Seems at least not bad for 3 mana investment.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.

Apr 2009
    Sweden, Trelleborg

Quote Originally Posted by Occam View Post
    Liliana of the Veil 1BB (Mythic)
    +1: Each player discards a card
    -2: Edict effect
    -6: Separate all permanents target player controls into two piles. Target chooses one, sacrifices everything in that pile
    3 Loyalty

A bit underwhelming in the sense that her ultimate doesn't win the game. Her +1 could possibly have been a +2, with a slightly better ultimate (-5?) at BBB, which is something WOTC should be pushing instead of allowing PWs to be splashed.

It will still see play in decks that can break the symmetry of her first ability, and an edict effect will play well with a removal heavy deck packing stuff like Gatekeepers as well. It's also useful against threat-light decks like TA as it evades MMS and snare while eating goyfs and stalkers. Could work as a 2-of in a control list that plays loam, especially as it combines edict effects with Raven's Crime, with the disability that Intuition doesn't create a situation where you relegate the control opponent to topdecking unless you have Vess in your hand or in play.
    -6 for an ultimate is quite cheap for a 3cc planeswalker thats why it doesnt win directly like JTMS does.
    Think its no brainer that the -2 Abiltie is the key abilty on her. I Kinda do like the +1 abilty, you can still as the controller play arround it, mean if you dont have any cards in hand you dont discard any. The ultimate is all about boardstate. For example against a creature heavy board you might want to put creatures into 1 pile and lands in the other. If the sac their lands you blow them with an other wrath effect.

Think she is gonna fit into Dark Confidant decks quite good, grinding out their opponents card by card.

Sep 2007
    MN

Right, pretty much all the various cards and packages should be considered for vess: cabal therapy, deep analysis, genesis, gigapede, bloodghast, vvine, volraths stronghold, rootwalla, ooze combo, academy ruin, crucible, loam, retrace mechanic, etc.

I'm disappointed in Liliana.

Liliana seems very abuseable. There are many, many ways to get an advantage out of self-discard. I'm certain there are more cards in the set that will combo well with it.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Personally, i like Liliana. Being an edict for 1BB already make her almost worth it. The first ability isn't the best, but can be worked to your advantage.

I think it will see some play, problem is to find an heavy black deck in legacy, since this cost BB.

Dunno about Liliana, her second ability is pretty awesome and it's true that she's at worse an overcosted edict. But her 2 other abilities seem pretty lackluster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveric78f View Post
    In France, there is also some habits to say hello to your baker when you buy some bread, with no penalty if I don't. However if I don't do it, my fame is damaged. that is the reason why I always say hello to my baker in France.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

I can see Liliana 2.0 taking two slots in BUG Visions, replacing an Edict and something.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Liliana is actually pretty sick if you play her off a T1 Ritual. She becomes much harder to deal with then, and ramps up quickly.
    "I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think they will sing to me." -T.S. Eliot

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer Click here to comment

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

I'll take Careful Study over her for Reanimator any day. It's a tad too slow for my taste, but not horrible. I don't think I'd play her in Legacy, but Standard will want it.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

I think you guys are trying to put Lily in the wrong deck.

She wouldn't work in Reanimator because by the time you get to 1BB, you probably are better off win Jin Gitaxias.

She might work in Pox but it would require you running Crucible of Worlds or something that can be recured.

I think the best deck for her would be Ken Adam's B/G Vengevine. Remember that deck? Discard your madness cards to her to ramp her up. If you need to Edict, you do it. If you need to Pox the board, you do it.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Thread Information