Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: [SCD] Snapcaster Mage

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: [SCD] Snapcaster Mage

As long as DRS is a centerpiece of the metagame, SCM is rarely worth more than the body to carry a Jitte. :/
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Feb 2006
    Louisville

Re: [SCD] Snapcaster Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Hanni View Post
    All the new cards they keep printing get overrated. I see slow control lists running Delvers, hyper aggressive lists running Snapcasters, so on and so forth. Snapcaster is great, but his home is in aggro/control decks that are built on the control spectrum as opposed to the tempo spectrum. So basically, I'm saying that I agree with you on that.

I disagree about its usefulness in control decks though. I think it has a home in control decks. It's 2/1 body is creature removal against alot of threats in the format (perfect example being unthreshed Mongoosies), and it has the bonus of the flashback on top of that. In some cases, it ends up being a 2-for-1 removal spell. It's also a clock on a clean board, which improves the combo matchup greatly for control decks.
    I totally agree with you Hanni and I have much respect for you and your deck ideologies. The only point I disagree with you about, and I havenn't seen discussed, is that I think Delver can be good in control lists as well, in fact I'm testing a version of U/W(b) control that runs Delver and it has been fantastic. It's like the way, way early(circa 1994-1996ish) control lists that ran Serendib and Rainbow Efreet,but for one U and no drawbacks. I know creatures in control is almost always a nonbo, but I think the meta has changed to that where running creatures in control is not as terrible as used to be. I know the main reason for no creatures in control was that it made you opponets removal irrelavent so it was like virtual card advantage, but what I have found in my testing with Delver in control is that in the early game it is a good blocker and buys you a at least a turn which for control is almost like a Timewalk, and early game if your ooponet doenst have the removal then watch out. In the late game it becomes a cheap win condition that you only spend one mana for , its terrific. Ill post a list after I test some more.

Thread Information