Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself Here

Nov 2003
    new orleans, LA

interesting.. my name is gregg and i'm from new orleans, LA.

kinda ironic.. two people with the same name on the forums, and almost identical handles.
    DCI Level 1

Your BOT master

Buy my cards

103-1068689937

gregg
    interesting.. my name is gregg and i'm from new orleans, LA.

kinda ironic.. two people with the same name on the forums, and almost identical handles.
    This means that I need a really distinctive avatar. I'll look for one later. :D

EDIT: Actually if I can get my old avatar from TMD, I'll probably do that.

100-1066605550

God knows I mixed you 2 up :angry:, oh well.

Mike

My name's Isaac and I am the Creator of Maofoam4u, the site of pure coolness. If you find it stupid, then it's not your type of site. If you laugh your ass off, welcome to my world.

Random other information:
    Best Movie: Kill Bill (was the Matrix until they came out with 2 & 3, which spoiled the first film)
    Best Book: Dune
    Best Dog: mine!
    Best Dog Breed: Bichon Frise
    Ethnicity: White
    Species: God
    http://www.geocities.com/maofoam4u/index.htm - truly the funniest site of all time.

Nov 2003
    new orleans, LA

Quote Originally Posted by drg`
    God knows I mixed you 2 up :angry:, oh well.

Mike
    yeah mike.. that's ok, i'm always getting confused with people. lol. it was just a little shocking to get an IM from you on aim.. i was like "woah."
    DCI Level 1

Your BOT master

Buy my cards

83-1067904084

Since this thread still seems to be fairly active, i guess I'll chime in.

My name is Sebastian, and I'm originally from Syracuse, NY. About a year and a half ago I joined the Air Force, and I'm now stationed at Travis Air Force Base in CA. I've been playing for almost nine years, and my first love will always be 1.5. Right now I play regularly in Pleasanton, CA thanks to Michael Potter (who, apparently, no longer plays in Pleasanton, CA). My rating has drifted into the low 1800's occassionaly, but my love of building and playing rogue decks keeps it somewhere in the 1700's. I think Mike Glow is a cocky asshole and I despise his terrible spelling, but I've never seen him play a bad deck and can't help but respect him as a player. I have kept poor Mr. T out of numerous top 8's, and I'll bet he was glad to see me go (although these days he'd likely whoop my butt).

In closing I'd like to throw out a bit of 1.5 minutae. Though most would probably deny it, the entire 1.5 community owes much of the DTB list to Brian Horton. "Big Brian", as we refered to him, taught me a lot of what I know about magic and was the first guy in Syracuse to play decks like Rec/Sur, Illusions/Donate, and Trenches/Humility. They've come a long way since his "fun" builds, but I thought some of you might like to know where those decks came from. (I'll admit he wasn't the creator of those decks, but he was the first to port them to 1.5 and play them in Syracuse)

Wow, this has become a long post. Hi...nice to meet everybody...I'll shut up now......::goes and rocks silently in a corner wearing sign that reads "Don't bother the crazy person"::

83-1067904084

Quote Originally Posted by Diablos
    -I know more about RPG's(and gaming for that matter) than most people, It's my life.
    I'm one the reasons this says most and not all. Hehehe
    ::sniffs:: in gruff, manly voice - I smell...CHALLENGE!!!

Nov 2003
    Albany

Hello im Nick from Albany. I've met most of you guys at cuse from either drivin out for pre release or at the schenectady tournament. Im an environmental science major and have been playing magic since i was in middle school (like 9 years or something). Im playing stax and hope to show at the syracuse tourney on the 6th, if i can get off work. im a security guard which means i get payed to play magic online and read the crazyness of team evo saying they are the best 1.5 out there. We shall see when team albany goes on the road to spank ya'll AGAIN. Now that im done talkin smack, some random thoughts.

Ninja Strike is fun to watch
    Peter is right about lava dart, it is good
    Sligh is stronger than you all think.
    Mana Drain is not the end all be all of magic, jeez they can only play four after all (besides the fact that it is easily disruptible, unlike force of will.)

Hello, all! Glad to see someone picked up where others left off.

I am currently in Chicago (Naperville,) and need some places to play during the week, Monday - Friday. Any ideas?

Thanks

100-1066605550

Moved to Community

Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

Hi.
    I'm Ted from OR. Just like frogboy, runesword, setnakt, pault, and others. I was first exposed to the game 9 years ago, but didn't really play Magic until Portal came out. I'm just a casual player who plays in 1.5 tournies on saturday.
    Thank God I\'m an atheist.

Hi, I'm Robbie/Robert/Erickson, whatever you want to call me. I'm a teenager. I live in CA and am a BIG budget player. I've been playing Goblin Sligh for about 4 or 5 years, and have recently been having a great time with Dragon.
    I go to 1.5 tournanments about every sunday in Pleasanton, and hate booster-drafts.

My favorite color is red
    My favorite MTG color is black
    My favorite burger place is Outback Stakehouse
    My favorite food is chicken, although I'll eat almost anything given to me
    My favorite gaming system is the PS1 (I know, I'm a deprived boy) and am trying to get an X-Box
    My favorite movie is any of the LOTR movies
    My favorite TV shows are Futurama, Simpsons, and Family Guy

Glad to meet you guys!
    \"Everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others\"
    -Animal Farm

Nov 2003
    Tx

Hello, Im Ty Junemann, im from Texas City, Texas, it is by Houston. I go to a 1.5 tournament every saturday at Horizon, its a local card store. Im 16 and im in the 11th grade, i hate high school like most people do. I played different variants of Oath, but now im starting to like Trenches. I have been playing since Prophecy, but I did not play in tournaments until Onslaught.

Favorite movie - Empire Records
    Favorite band - Thursday
    Favorite card - Fire/Ice
    Favorite magic color - blue
    Favorite food - SUSHI
    Favorite game - CS/DOD (counter strike/day of defeat)
    Favorite book - Demons Don't Dream by Piers Anthony

I dont know what else to put but you can contact me at xehkox on aim and xehkox@aol.com.

Ty
    \"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.\"-Albert Einstein

Oct 2003
    Brisbane, Australia

I gotta say,

Its nice to finally see some new people who arent from syracuse.

Syracuse is not Mecca
    "I have absolutely nothing to say"

D1 Athlete
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse

Yes it is, isn't it?
    Si, I like cereal.

84-1071449524

Yo.

I'm Andrew Ross.... I'm 14 and I'm in Washington, DC. I play Fish-esque stuff, and if anyone here plays on Magic-League, I'm Jenneke there.

Currently I'm hiding in my uncle's cellar because I burned down a Wendy's, killed 17 people, and the cops are after me. I don't want to go to jail and be sexually harassed by Pat Chapin in the showers every morning :(

I also like playing video games, they're super tech.

Dec 2003
    Dallas Tx, but originally from San Francisco

My name is Eric I live in Dallas and I only play 1.5 because imho it is the only fair format still around. I've been playing for 9+ years and started playing in the bay area. p.s. all the people in pleasanton, do you guys play at KK's? I love coming up with sideboard tech..after playing since dark, i better know a thing or two about what to sideboard, right?

peace!

84-1071891618

My name is Brian McLaughlin, and I am from Myrtle Creek, Oregon. Just some random small ass town in the middle of nowhere. Started playing around Planeshift. I play all sorts of decks that suit my interests at the time. I dont think I have seen so many Oregonians in one place, must be plotting some evil deforestation schemes... Anyways, nice boards.

101-1073596216

Hey my name is Keenan and I'm from Syracuse. I'm 15 and a freshman in highschool. This is my first post and its nice to see so many people from Syracuse post. I have no team and no idea what my rating is and i don't really care. I'm kinda bad at magic due to the fact that I don't have a lot of money to spend on it. I play at Altered States and mainly do booster drafts. I want to get back into 1.5 a little more and hopefully post a little to.

111-1072276506

Welcome to the board.

The best way for budget players to get cards is through trading and focusing on 1 or 2 decks that you like. The best budget deck is gobvantage or food chain goblin depending on your budget. You can trade for most of the pieces fairly easily. I have extra's of most of it, and you can come talk to me about it this weekend. I'll be one with the huge brown binder and another 2 binder with Juzam and Lotus on them.

Mike

Thread Information