Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself Here

HAS GOTTEN TOP DECKED LIKE NON OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Sep 2006

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

I'm Al i'm from gilbert, az.

Right now i only play legacy but i will get into type 2 when time spiral hits.

Anyone here from gamersinn jolla at me aight?
    Last edited by al the great; 09-28-2006 at 07:03 PM.

Oct 2006
    I live in Rensselaer.

Hello. My name is Dee, and I play Legacy, and Type 2 Tournaments. That's right, I am a girl and I play magic. I am 21. I love the game, and I run DCI tournaments at my store at Science and Hobby in Watervliet, NY. I am new to the Source, and am trying to learn what I don't know about the game. I also love football (Go Jets!), and the Yankees, but neither are looking that great this year. Well....I guess the Yankees were alright...wait, nope...nope...not anymore. Oh well. Well, gotta get back to work. See ya!
    ~Dee

'lo I'm Bennie de Beer and I'm Dutch.

Hi all, i'm andrea and i'm a MAN, i'm from italy and i don't speak english very well but i try :D
    Are you looking at me? What a bad idea...

May 2005

Quote Originally Posted by DeeKahler View Post
    Hello. My name is Dee
    You know my girlfriend Eve. She's from EG.

YES WE CAN
    Sep 2005
    GMU

I'm Matt, a.k.a. OutsideAngel just about everywhere online. I've been mostly lurking around these boards for over a year now (yikes!) but haven't been playing a lot of real-life Legacy for a variety of reasons. (money, time, ect...)

I've been playing since about Ice Age, then quit around Masques, came back for a little Type Two around Onslaught, quit again when Kamigawa was just starting, (curse you Raffinity) and now am getting back into Legacy.

I've lost to white weenie playing Necropotence.dec, lost to sligh playing Hatred.dec, lost to Extended High Tide splash red (for REB) playing Extended mono-u High Tide, lost to Academy combo playing Rec-Sur, lost to T1 Dragon playing Fish, lost to Raffinity playing Slide, and now I plan to lose to Gro and Solidarity playing Spring Tide, Goblins, and Burn.

Along with my friend Jon, I'm going to be getting more active in the Legacy scene. (made my first trip to the Lucky Frog on Saturday) Hope to go to some tournaments, including Gen Con this summer, and play some Magic in the best format around!
    TEAM DRAGONFORCIA-
    Ghost ridin' the whip like we invented that shit.
    TEAM UNICORN
    We're going for number four!

im brent, i live in Ellicott City MD
    i play every format but T1, a little out of my price range. im a senior in HS now looking forward to college

Overseas mascotte of IcBE
    Jul 2005
    Tilburg, the Netherlands

Welcome to the Source.

Nice to see you've signed up after our games.
    4th: 293/363
    5th: 82/434
    Vi: 159/167
    Wl: 100/167
    Te: 318/335
    St: 132/143
    Ex: 136/143
    US: 235/335
    3/8 Sealed boosters
    1/8 Sealed boosterboxes

Only 632 cards left for a full Korean set, over 69% done (last update 05/27)
    Always looking for sealed product!

Dec 2006
    Mililani, Hawaii

Hello All!

My name is Tyler and I'm from Mililani, Hawaii (Island of Oahu).

I really like The Source because the Legacy format seems really interesting to me since I have a lot of old cards. I currently collect more than play since the only person I know that plays Magic is my brother. I used to play with my co-worker as well but he moved to go to college.

Right now I'm really into collecting land cards. I try to get everything from Revised duals to Onslaught fetches. I'm trying to complete a playset of all the duals and fetches so I can easily have a manabase for any deck I would make.

I really enjoy reading about all the different decks from the proven ones to the ones in development. I never imagined that goblins could be so powerful and that combo decks could be so complex. I still have a lot to learn about this game.

If anyone is on Oahu and is looking for someone to play with please let me know. I'm not very experienced in playing but I am interested in learning more and playing with more people.

Thanks everyone!

Nov 2005
    Fairfax VA

Hello, I should have posted this sooner...
    My name is Skylar, and I'm from Seattle Washington.
    Legacy isn't very big up here, with the exception of friday night tournament. Not very many major tournaments are held up here and non of which are legacy.
    Someone PLEASE bring legacy to the great northwest...

Hello,

My name is Jeff, and I'm 24 and live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I've been playing magic since I was 12. I still remember what rares I pulled in my first 2 Revised starter decks, which were: Nevinyrral's Disk, Wrath of God, Badlands, Scrubland, Armageddon and Fork. I've played Magic casually on and off since.

I'm mainly a student and collector of Magic. I enjoy reading about competitive play, rather than actually participating in it (I think I've played in all of 2 sanctioned touranments in my life). The Legacy format intrigues me the most mainly because it's an eternal format that isn't as degenerate as Vintage.

I enjoy playing the game with my friends, although I will indulge in a game at my local store every once and awhile. I play the 'big three' legacy decks at the moment (UGw Thresh, Goblins, Solidarity - although I'm still proxying the 4th reset), along with my pet WW deck. Also, as a collector, I have a weakness for foil cards and dual lands =p

Catcher of souls, hunter of spirits
    Jan 2007
    San Luis Obispo, CA

Hey everyone. I'm Scott, a freshman at Boston University. I played Magic casually for a few years, but have just recently been getting into Legacy after finding an amazing deal on some Sea Drakes. Legacy is the ony Constructed format I play, but I'm a huge fan of Limited as well (mostly booster drafts, I suck horribly at sealed).

My brother introduced me to The Source, and so far my time here has been enjoyable. It's reading constructive, cohesive posts, as opposed to the crap over at the MTG.com boards.

Trapped inside my embryonic cell
    Dec 2006
    Stoughton, MA

'ello all. I am Jeremy, the said brother of VsTheWorld. I'm a junior at Stoughton High School (in Stoughton, MA; ~20 miles south of Boston). I started playing casually at the same time as my brother, which was around the release of Judgement. After playing casual for a few years, I started messing around with Extended and a bit of Standard on Magic-League. Finally, I settled on Legacy and play it often online, and I'll be attending my first actual paper magic Legacy tournament on February 25th.
    I so far enjoy the Source much more than any other message board I've been to (Magic and non-Magic). It is so great having an enforced rule on grammar, capital letters, etc.
    Last edited by KillemallCFH; 02-18-2007 at 09:18 PM.

Feb 2007
    Azle, TX

Hey im a guy from TX, I just recently got into legacy, but ive been playing mtg for awhile casualy. hope to learn something from the site

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

Wow. I really can't believe I haven't introduced myself yet. Could've sworn I had.

I'm sure people here know me, but whatever.

My name is James, and I live in Washington (the state, not DC). Started Magic right around Mirage, quit just before Urza block (/cry). Started back up around Odyssey, been playing ever since.

Oh, and I co-created this deck.
    Last edited by Pinder; 05-26-2007 at 05:18 PM.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

Hi, my name is dan and i'm from seattle. I started playing magic around ice age with my friends in like 2nd grade. I played casually up until the beginning of Urza's block before i quit because all my friends decided that magic was no longer cool and so i had no one to play with. I started playing again my senior year of highschool when champions of kamigawa came out. There was a local legacy tournament that i started playing in and i got progressivley more competative. right now i'm a sophmore at claremont mckenna college in southern california.

Jan 2004
    Phoenix AZ

My name is Edward and I last posted here over a year ago so I thought I'd reintroduce myself. Sadly I'm very boring so there's not much to say.
    I live in Arizona and suck at magic most of the time other then my 1 top 8 at Regionals.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989"

[quote:sig_uid="Carney2k4"]I'm obviously The rapist.[/quote:sig_uid]

Apr 2007
    Tallahassee, FL

I'm John from Tallahassee, FL and I make a living writing software.

I started playing magic right at the beginning of revised then I stopped for a while at Urza's Saga until Time Spiral came out.

I read The Source all the time for ideas, but I have yet to play in any Legacy tournaments. I built solidarity to play against my friends locally though.

I don't think there is much of a Legacy community in the southeast US

Apr 2007
    The District

Hey I'm Adam I'm from Philly but I go to school at Catholic University in D.C.
    I've been collecting magic since Ice Age and playing competitively since Invasion. I've been playing legacy for over a year now after I figured out I could play all of my older cards in a format, but I'm still looking for places to play in the area.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

I don't think there is much of a Legacy community in the southeast US
    So you're the other person in Florida who plays Legacy.

Thread Information