Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself Here

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Hey everyone, I'm Fred Bear and I was introduced to Magic during my undergraduate days of college during Necro-Summer. I quit playing when my playgroup graduated (just before Urza's) and began again only recently. Not much happening with Magic, no FNM or local shop tourneys, so I mostly just test on Workstation and with one neighbor. Still waiting to go to my first real event - hopefully a GPT or something.

Hi to everyone...I'm Nick and I live in Bloomington, IL now. I moved here a little over a year ago from Louisiana after I graduated college at Northwestern St. I picked up Legacy a few months before Gencon last year and got into Vintage last October. I started playing magic a couple weeks before the Mirrodin Prerelease (that was my first "tournament").

Funny note on myself - My record in the mirror is an amazing 1-x-2 (where x is probably around 20).

The Exiled One
    May 2007
    Brussels, Belgium

Hello everyone and all the others that aren't here

My name is Matthieu and I'm from Québec (the province, the town is too small and lame to even say the name) but I'm currently living with my wife in Brussels, Belgium. I study Philosophy at ULB and I play Magic since... 7 years !
    I'm 20 and I got myself deeper into Legacy in 2005, having played Vintage mostly for the time before that, and now trying to keep track of Vintage, Legacy, Extended (okay, we're on off-season but hey!) and Standard and Block; that's enough to keep me busy at the least. ;) I'm playing mostly rogue decks like Enchantress, Aluren and Tog variants but I'm also not a dick with combo like CRET Belcher and generic aggro ranging from 4c Zoo to Dirty Kitty and Afownnity.

I'm an avid reader of forums but not a hell of a poster.

That's all, unless you wanna know what I love in music in arts in general. The case, drop me a PM !

Hope you'll have a nice day/night (since earth rotation put crazy strain on timezone here)

Matt aka frolll

ps : Don't forget that I'm always pleased to play with some elegant folks that pilot sophisticated decks on MWS (or just the golins/IGG MU as well)
    "In general admittedly the Wise of all times have always said the same thing, and the fools, that is to say the vast majority of all times, have always done the same thing, i.e. the opposite; and so it will remain in the future."

Schopenhauer

hello everyone

My name is brecht and im from belgium ive been playing magic for about 4 years now and i play a lot of legacy.
    whe have a great group of players here and love to make our own rouge decks.
    i love reading these legacy forums and have learned a great deal about making decks from it.

im a member of a gaming club from Kortrijk called the ironbreakers.

Feb 2007
    United Kingdom

Hi all of you.
    I'm Tom, from Lithuania, i'm 20.
    I'm a student of physics, started playing MtG with Shandalar, 3 yrs ago learned that paper Magic exists, and started playing. Shortly after i came across a format in which i could play some of my favourite Shandalar cards, namely DarkRit and Hippy, that's how i started playing Legacy.
    We're trying to start a little community here, have a few hardcore players, but we're still young.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halted Asylum View Post
    Force of Will is terrible with Bob, i rather Mana Leak.

Hey all!

I've been playing Magic ever since Ice Age. I never got the chance to diss necropotence before the pros broke it in half because I never realized it existed. I played heavily in Magic for the next several years but never really got past the newbie stage as all of my co-playmates were newbies like me. We were all newbies for several years.

Proof of our newbieness? I once traded Gaea's Cradle for a Rootbreaker Wurm, didn't buy Tolarian Academy for P50 (equivalent to less than a dollar in those days) and believed that the "free mechanic" from Urza's Saga was fair.

I'm much better at Magic now. Thank God.

Mantis Toboggan, M.D.
    Aug 2006
    Toronto, Canada

Hey Guys,
    My name is David, but most of my MTG friends call me Cappy. I'm 19 years old.
    Ive been playing Magic for about 9 years now (wow thats a long time). I am on team Blitzkrieg and I play both Vintage and Legacy.

Hi!

I'm Angela. Yes, I am a girl. I live in Vienna and am currently studying chemistry at the university. I am 20 years old.
    I started playing magic the time urza's legacy was the newest set and started tournament play last summer. Legacy has drawn me by being a format where I could use my old cards but without the brokenness of vintage. I'm a combofanatic and you will see some combo-decks popping up now and then.

Hey all!

I'm Mike from New London, Connecticut.

I'm 46 and I played Magic in NYC from Unlimited through Homelands.

I'm a rogue deck builder and I like playing things that nobody has seen before.

It was a lot of fun to Landkill somebody and then drop Energy Flux, Nethervoid and Tabernacle of Pendrall Vale and wait for either tutor or the single Black Vise to show up as I Feldon's Caned all the Sinkholes, Ice Storms and Stripmines back into my deck. It's even more fun when you drop Fastbond and then strip 3 lands in a row on turn 4 when they're still trying to figure out what your deck does.

My favorite win was one of the best players in our area who played just 4 Juzam's as his damage in a control deck. He dropped the Juzam turn one and I paralyzed it and shut him down. 20 turns later he was dead to his own djinn without ever getting up the mana to untap it or plow it through Nethervoid. I'm hoping that Legacy still allows weird offbeat ideas to catch some of the main decks by surprise.

Favorite movie: Tossup between The Killer Shrews, which made me sleep with the lights on for a week at age 9 and Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn.

The line that got me with the killer shrews was the main non-mad scientist describing the viscious little beasties: "They have bacteria in their saliva that could kill a grown man in just hours. A 1.5 inch long shrew can leap to a height of 18 inches. These are the size of greyhounds and they might be able to leap 30 feet into the air!" I lived on the second floor and I had no doubt that a killer shrew could come vaulting in the window at any minute.

Interests: I'm semi-retired and writing now. Planning to publish a novel whenever I can get somebody in the profession to read some of the drivel I produce on a regular basis.

Superhero Hamster
    Jun 2007
    Belgium

Right, greetings ,

I am Jorrit, crazy belgian student of doom most extraordinaire. I'm 21 years old and have a weird sense of humour.

I'm currently studying English-Dutch at the University of Antwerp and find myself quite bored over there most of the time. Rather near to said university I found my current watering hole, which is a cybercafe/bar/place where people play chess and magic.

I have been playing since Ice Age came out, though I had a break from Urza's Saga (I still have a theme deck from it, but that's about it) until Legions due to Warhammer. As of late, Magic is the biggest drain on my wallet, narrowly edging out the consumption of special beers (I am partial to the occassional dark ale).

When it comes to magic, I playtest a lot, usually with my brother or a couple of people at the bar, and am quite capable of beating people over the head with very very rogue-ish contraptions that go on to become tourney lists without me knowing it. Most proud am I of a very weird version of the extended TEPS, running basic lands (amongst others) and twiddle, that beats most other extended decks at the bar.
    I hate playing tourneys, due to people getting hideously upset over losing games. I do like playing drafts and sealed deck games, for those are mainly casual and not that important for most local players.

Outside of magic, music and reading are favourite things to busy myself with. For music, my current favourites are Porcupine Tree and Moonspell, though I can perfectly sit through the average amount of classical music, black metal and consorts just as easily.
    Reading generally limits itself to fantasy and SF, though recently Hugo Claus have been drawing my attention, due to course-material urging me to read some of his work and me actually enjoying it.

That's about it...

Dungeon Master
    Jun 2007

Hi.
    Sam.
    Pennsylvania.
    21 years old.
    10 years of Magic.

Feed me your wisdom.

Well said, cidolfus.

Don't eat yellow snow.
    Don't spit in the wind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo
    Writing Skills

...use coherent grammar and sentence structure; and spell your words correctly. Simple enough.

Jul 2007
    Enfield CT

Im Fuckin Bryan, that all there is to say.

hai 2 u
    Apr 2007
    SoCal - Anaheim

Wait, so you're Bryan or are you currently having intercourse with Bryan? Your name is confusing.

Jul 2007
    Enfield CT

Im Bryan, Fuckin' is an adjective inhancing the name Bryan in this sense. or mabey its an insult. i don't know team necro gave the name to me

Jan 2007
    Pipestone, MN

I've been registered here for about six months but haven't been too active. I believe its time to introduce myself...

My name is Andrew & I hail from Minnesota. There aren't too many Legacy players around here, but I have a few friends I playtest with and I use MWS too. I have been playing the format since 2005. Thus far, the only major tourney I've made it to was GP Columbus where I piloted Rg Goblins to a 4-4 finish with losses to Meathooks (twice), Flash, and Threshold/Flash. See ya on the boards!

boy
    handsome
    china
    Life is full of ups and downs.
    dvd to ipod

Jul 2007
    milwaukee

far as i know i'm the biggest magic player in milwaukee checking in at a meager 6'8'' and looking fer play testing for play testing pre gencon, let me know!

throbbing member

Feb 2007

Tall? Handsome?

I think you guys have this forum mistaken for some other one.

Jimington
    Aug 2007
    Irelandtown

I am Hat from ireland i live in a wheelbarrow and a sleeping bag.I like to bug people on msn!That is all!

Thread Information