Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself Here

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Hello everyone My name is Kevin Liu. I first got into the legacy scene around 2005. I am 5'8" asian and I graduated from university of nevada of Las vegas with a bachelors of science degree. Also right now I am working on getting a job as a Pharmacy Technician since it's something I want to do for now. That's all.

hey guys, I just joined so i tought let me post my first post in this thread.
    My name is Martijn, (nobody uses that anyways, they mostly cal me tinny) and i'm from Holland. I'm 20 years old and my current day to day occupation is my study of medicine. I started playing magic round the onslaught block, and i like every format in this game exept for T2 becouse i think it changes to fast. Mostly i play casual multiplayer but thats becouse the lack of serious tournaments in my area. Uhm, ive been looking at this site for quite a while now but yesterday i got a mws mach witch pissed me off so much that i had to share it with someone so i joined:P. Ok thats about it.

Greetings,
    Tinny

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

I'm Joel, and I live in Tennessee, where there doesn't seem to be any kind of organized Legacy play. Sad panda. :(

Anyway, more about me - I'm a DJ and electronic music producer, a hobby which takes me all over the world. It's really great for buying cheap, foreign magic singles, which is honestly the second best reason for being a traveling DJ. :D

When I'm not doing that I work at Starbucks and play Magic of all formats.

Several years ago I sold my collection, and I'm just now trying to get back into Legacy (ouch!). If any of you are from the East TN area and know of regularly occurring tournaments, LET ME KNOW! :D

Mar 2009
    Lexington, KY

Hello, my name is Travis Sutherland and I live in Lexington, KY.

I would just like to say thanks to everyone I met at GP Chicago for loaning me Fae Stompy and the great time I had hanging out with everyone. In case some of you didn't know I mostly play limited or standard, and that was my first legacy tournament, and pretty close to the first time I've played legacy. It was awesome, and legacy is now very appealing to me and I would be more than happy to play some more of it.

Thanks again!
    ~Travis~

Just another 6 CMC dragon
    Mar 2009
    Happy Valley, OR

I go by Surging Chaos on MTGsalvation (hello fellow salvationers!) and I've been lurking here on the Source for quite some time now.

My name is Byron, I'm 18, and I started playing MTG just as Odyssey came out. I started to play Magic competitively at the beginning of Mirrodin and got into Legacy in 2007. I live in Roseburg, OR which has turned into a wasteland of a community over the past few years... I've been trying to rebuild it and also in the process introduce people to Legacy (or reintroduce older players).

That's all for now.

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Hello, my name is Phil and I reside in Silver Spring, MD.

I'm done with extended season for the moment and crave an environment that sees play but is not Standard(eewww). I also had to play decks that have dark ritual. O, and I like hotsauce on my steak.

Apr 2009
    NEPA

Hi my name is John. I play alot of vintage and legacy. I no longer play standard because of college and the shop by me is terrible for FNM. I will play extended during the season and limited. I play guitar and that takes up alot of my time. I live in NEPA and try to go to every vintage and legacy tourny within three hours of driving distance

Simple Jack Daniel's
    Apr 2009
    San Diego, CA

Hey folks, Kyle here. I've been playing Magic more or less continuously since Tempest, though I've taken a few breaks for school since I started college (once in Ravnica and currently in a drought that started in October). I love to play Extended and Legacy, but there's not a whole lot of that within easy driving distance of me (which is part of the problem; I could play just about every day if I was at all interested in Standard).
    We used to have sizeable tournaments at Penn State, with cool prizes and good talent. Of course, that was when I was fifteen and had no money. :p If anybody hears of or knows of a Legacy scene in like Butler or Akron or somewhere nearish like that, please PM me, I haven't found any under the 'announcements' thread yet.
    At any rate, I like talking about Magic almost as much as I like playing, so this site rocks my socks.

Heya. These days I'm known as Drizzy in the internet boards and some time ago I registered here too. I live in Finland and I started playing Magic 10 years ago, yet I've had some breaks during that time. Half of that time I played just casual with my friends, but five years ago that time passed and I started playing competitive decks. I never liked T2 or Extended, so I've always been playing Eternal.

I have been reading the boards quite a bit and I have found lots of help for my decks. Currently I don't have any decent eternal decks, since I had to sell most of my cards to subsist myself. Next summer I'll have enough money to start the "hobby" again. I play in mws daily, testing different decks and trying to figure out what I want to play when I can afford it.

So, I hope I can contribute something for the community at some point since I have got lots of useful information here already. We will see, hope I can stay active and make some decent posts :)

Hello,

I use this handle on multiple forums including salvation. Recent convert to the format but loving it. Mainly playing the cheaper archetypes until I can get the better stuff. I live in London, England where Legacy does not yet exist, a few of us are working on changing that, you can find us here: www.magicplayers.co.uk.

James

Smarter than your average Bear Deck
    Jan 2009

Hey,

My name is Percy Pennywinkle III. My father was a glove maker, my mother was a 15 year old french prostitute named Cloey with webbed feet. My father would womanise, he would drink.. he'd make outgrageous claims like he invented the question mark. One time he even accused chest nuts of being lazy.. oh, I also like cheese

Jul 2008
    Brighton, MI

Hi,

My name's Gandhi, and I play Legacy. I also collect Voidstone Gargoyles, for some reason. I've been playing Legacy for about a year now, falling in love with casting Life from the Loam over and over. Since then, I'm not really one to post a lot on building/improving decks, but I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out the best spells for Aggro Loam, and various random decks (Elephant Stompy, or whatever we're calling it).

I'm also a fresh graduate from Michigan Tech as of December 2008 - an engineer without a job.

Hey,

I'm Joe, from California. I've played magic on and off for the past 12 years. I played a lot of type 1 back in the day, but ended up selling all my valuable cards (goodbye power, FoWs, duals ) to pay for a trip across Europe (worth it).

I started playing legacy about 2 years ago on MWS. I'll play the occasional tourney if I can bum a deck off of somebody. I play UGw or UGbw thresh mostly.

Nobody's gonna read this anyway... but on the off chance you do, HOLLA!!!

Cheers,
    Co cccc

Hi, I am Manferd from Singapore.

I play Vintage often a few years ago. Now Vintage in my country is extremely boring. At the same time, Legacy had a growth of players. Willing to try out the new format, and it turns more fun than Vintage.

I have a lot to learn, so i hope i get a chance to learn from everyone.

Cheers!

Hello everyone!

I'm just a guy from Finland, been playing since revised but haven't gone to a single tournament yet. First tournament for me is coming next month and going there with my elves or maybe merfolk.

Hello everyone!

Names Adam, just getting into Legacy. Starting playing MTG during homelands, dropped out around late Urza's block, came back in for apocalypse, didn't like the format, left, and came back in for Lorywyn (a worse format now). I play T2 (Boo evil I know), but at least I play old decks (BR Underworld/Megrim, and TurboFog).

I'm breaking into Legacy, and I know it's a steep learning curve but after alot of reading Dreadstill fits my style of play. Not the big huge guy, just control and I don't want to run pure manlands for the game win.

So, I'm a medical student at NYCOM, and hope to do a tournament soon (Long Island has to have some magic players...).

Now just to pay off a playset of FoW.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2006
    Arizona

I've been registered here for almost 3 years but not a single post. Figure I might as well post here :P

Name's Jason and I've been playing Legacy since I started Magic which was 7 years ago because that was the only tournament scene around where I lived.

I was never seriously into it until recently, buying a dual here and there, and dreaming of having Force of Will and Tarmogoyfs, but now we've accumulated playsets of each and a lot more duals this summer so I guess you can say we've gotten a lot more competitive.

Anyways, it feels nice to actually post here for once :P

Steve Carpenter's my friend.
    Feb 2009
    Poughkeepsie, Ny.

I'm the asshole that plays foil dredge on the east coast and I always were a Russian furry hat to tournaments.

Hey everyone,

My name is Justin and I run the card shop Dear Mr. Fantazy in Orange, California.

I am planning to begin hosting legacy events, and was told thesource was the place to get the word out.

I hope to see some of you at the shop!

Justin
    Dear Mr. Fantazy
    1040 N. Tustin Ave
    Orange, CA 92867
    (714) 288-1353

Mecum omnes plangite
    Aug 2009
    45°33'2"52 N, 09°20'41"28 E

Hi to everyone!!! I noticed many users tend to register and go straight to the topic they're interested of, but it would be better if they just write a few lines of text on this topic. As you can see, I'm logged as Digital Devil. I come from the largest italian website about MTG (T***1.it), and I decided to register on TS because it is definitely a better webcommunity. I played against many Sourcers on MWS, and I noticed they're good and polite players. It would be awesome to share opinions with the best pros of the world!!!

P.S. As you can see, I'm italian. Sorry for my bad english =)
    0.05.14 [Digital Devil] <Digital Devil> Ach! Hans, run! It's the Tarmogoyf!
    0.05.17 [Hans (GER)] <Hans (GER)> ...
    0.05.20 [<System>] <System> Player Lost

Thread Information