Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself Here

80-1067437497

Quote Originally Posted by Zoofields
    Thou = Subject

Thee = Object

"lied to thee"

My name is Brian and I'm an English major.
    you obviously don't get very good marks, because you would've said 'nominative' and 'accusative' otherwise. ;P

Old Man Rogue
    Oct 2003
    Woosta, Mass.

Why not?

My name is Allan Race & I'm older than dirt and twice as tired... Been playing since just AFTER all the good/broken old cards came out (derf). Was a horrible scrub for a long time, now I suck at a slightly higher level.... Was the Event Coordinator at THE gamestore in Syracuse for a while (imagine having to deal with these yahoos every couple of days & not being able to play...) but have since gotten a real job & transplanted to Woosta, Mass. I miss (most of) the players, especially our Monday night multiplayer group.

I design & play rogue decks as often as possible (ROGUE, Colin, not red....or rouge, as you prefer) which leads to hideous fluctuations in all my ratings....but none in my integrity.

Reading (S/F & fantasy mostly), rugby (former college coach & CIII certified referee) and my kids take up all of the rest of my time & money & energy.
    TL,DR: if you think Saito is ok, check your moral compass. It may be broken. - Spikey Mikey, amen brother

WE know what the price of progress is (often 8-10 life). - Cait Sith

A casual stasis deck? You must not really like your friends. Do you play it before or after you pull the wings off of flys and microwave the neighbor's cat? - EwokSlayer

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by scrumdogg
    I miss (most of) the players, especially our Monday night multiplayer group.
    Or, he misses Potter.

Oct 2003
    Colorado, USA

Jason, 16. Living in Englewood, CO, a few streets down from Jeff/Greenmycon, and Andrew/Natals. I play T2 every once in a while over at local game store Attactix, but I usually end up tearing apart decks to build really bad versions of better decks later. Occaisonally I'll play a draft, or play ONBC Dragons on MODO. That and keeping track of random tech is about as far as my Magic experience goes. I don't aspire for anything more than having fun, yo. I have a disturbingly large knowledge pertaining to videogame arcana, but since most of the people hanging out here probably couldn't care less, it's a moot point.

GENERIC LIST 2003
    Movie: Seven Samurai, probably.
    Director: A battle is waged between Kubrick and Kurosawa.
    Song: Masters Thesis of Puppets
    Channel to Idle in^2: #fefea
    Channel to Idle in^3: #apprentice
    Favorite term to pwn Jeff: Fuckpuppet (and it's variation 'fuckpuppet with shit for brains')
    Favorite game: Depends on mood. Sometimes Galaga, othertimes Wizball, and in yet another mood Star Control II.
    Least favorite game: Action 52
    Favorite console: Genesis/Megadrive
    Favorite computer: C64
    Weapon of Choice: Trumpet
    Favorite color: Blue
    Favorite deck: Super Cyclone Ver.2002
    Favorite card: Flametongue Kavu
    Favorite pie: Pumpkin
    Favorite IceCream: Peanut Butter Apocalypse
    Favorite Food: I'm Hungary for Turkey
    Favorite Book: Callahan's Crosstime Saloon
    Favorite Author: Beats me. O'Henry? Sure.
    Other Website: Pixelation
    Host Website: Grexin Studios

Edited By Deets on 1067724114
    \"I would rather hear the death rattle of my only child than have to listen to [Evanescence].\" -- David Cross\"

Oct 2003

Last edited by Zoofields; 11-29-2011 at 12:47 AM.

D1 Athlete
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse

Hi, I'm Zach Murphy
    I'm 14 and I go to LHS. I take alot of honors math science and enginnering courses and that's partly why I like magic because it has to do alot with logic and design. I play football, wrestling and track for the school. I'm 6'3 and about 200 Lbs. I am currently playing/building fish (because the gayness rocks)... yup and thats about it.
    Si, I like cereal.

In an effort to make this interesting
    I will try my hand in poetics- these antics
    Will say of my play since Revised,
    And my history of oft ons and offs-
    And hence the years that have comprised
    Of Fallen Empires to Tempest-
    From whence I've let the play rest,
    To return till the sagas of Urza's demise
    And rise- Then to absence again I went-
    Since then the last 2 months have set
    A new desire to play with fire.

Red is my color, though blue may be better-
    Red is much cheaper, for this Ankh sligh player
    Of one and twenty years- is there a greater
    Joy than to burn, or die by fire? For me, 'tis mirth
    To see my opponents burned to the girth-

Recently I've opted to play unfettered
    And found many new decks on TheManadrain
    That I've tried and brought into Maryland-
    This has set a many of teeth a'grating
    As I lay the smack down- the beatings.
    We continue to get better
    As we incorportate more numbers
    Of decks that prove as winners
    From these sites of innovative players.

Other misc. info- here goes;
    My school is at Colorado
    In an institution named USAFA,
    Whose boxing team I'mma parta-
    And my hobbies include art- to start-
    And books and books, from classics
    To fantasy, to horror- and more-
    Movies and Magic, can life get
    Any better? Maybe, but I bet
    That life is much better absent regret.
    \"I am not only a pacifist, but a militant pacifist. I am wiling to fight for peace... Is it not better for a man to die for a cause he believes, such as peace, than to suffer for a cause in which he does not believe, such as war?\"
    - Einstein, 1931

Old Man Rogue
    Oct 2003
    Woosta, Mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablos
    I miss (most of) the players, especially our Monday night multiplayer group.
    Or, he misses Potter.
    [quote] I Miss Potter?!?

Oh, that was low...and loathesome! Take that BACK!

Like missing polio or Bubonic Plague.....
    TL,DR: if you think Saito is ok, check your moral compass. It may be broken. - Spikey Mikey, amen brother

A casual stasis deck? You must not really like your friends. Do you play it before or after you pull the wings off of flys and microwave the neighbor's cat? - EwokSlayer

84-1066691254

<random shit you shouldnt care about>

Travis Blum, live in Skaneateles, member of team duck itch...

yeah... team duck itch, ph34r t3h power

moving on, i play with a bunch of other guys, Lord McCaffrey and Mr. Anderson for the most part but other guys at my school. Go to tourneys in syr. about once a millenium with the other guys in my town.

Im 15, like heavy metal (rammstein rox0rz) and waste time on utter random crap. Welcome to the life of a high school sophmore.

</random shit you shouldnt care about>
    e-mail: terrakinesis@yahoo.com
    aim: Terrakinesis

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

I Miss Potter?!?

Oh, that was low...and loathesome! Take that BACK!

Like missing polio or Bubonic Plague.....
    I'm sorry Allan. Nobody deserves to be put down that low.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing you in December. Despite all the trash-talk, I always liked trading with you. But I'm still going to kick your ass, sorry.

Btw, Touch my post an die.

Oct 2003
    Hilton, NY

Hi all, I'm Mike Giorgione, I live in Hilton,NY and I hate doing bio's. If you need me I'll be in the Fantasy Card section.
    Taking gnomes for granted since 1947.

\"Your rage at my sig
    Has left me to believe that
    your dad abused you.\"
    -Slay

Old Man Rogue
    Oct 2003
    Woosta, Mass.

Thank you for taking that back - that was disgusting. And the trash talking? That's all in fun, you know I don't seriously go in for that nonsense. If I'm trash talkin' with ya, you know I'm goofing around and comfortable enough to goof around. It's when I get cold & serious that we have a problem......(see also Potter, Frank Hunt, & assorted scum....) December will be a blast & I really hope we get to play - preferably in the Finals.....

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Frank Hunt
    That's like so 2 years ago. I haven't seen him in like forever. And I'm glad :).

I'm Gavin Rose, I'm 14, and I hail from the hick town of LaPorte, Colorado. About 200 people live in LaPorte, yet we have three bars and a liquor store :( . No one I know can even come close to beating me at magic, but they're all scrubs, like everyone at the Type one tournaments I go to, except the 3-4 people with full power. I started playing competetively about six months ago, after five years of being the king of scrubs. BTW, is anyone here from Fort Collins, Colorado?
    I\'m Ifflejink, and the universe exists. Therefore, the universe exists based on the fact that I\'m Ifflejink.

GreenMycon

BTW, is anyone here from Fort Collins, Colorado?
    Every once in a while people journey from Fort Collins to my local game shop (and to the MHC t1 tournies). However, I can't say that anyone I know [well] is from Fort Collins.

--Jeff

See if you can guess my name. :D

I'm really a T1 player, but I noticed you had a welder mud thread, so I chimed in there.
    Shma Yisrael Adoshem Elokeinu Adoshem Echad.

100-1066605550

Jacob you want a title / logo from tmd? If so just msg green and tell him I sent you :).

Welcome to the board.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by drg`
    Jacob you want a title / logo from tmd? If so just msg green and tell him I sent you :).

Welcome to the board.

Mike
    I think I'm fine as-is. I'm really only here to talk about workshop decks anyway.
    Shma Yisrael Adoshem Elokeinu Adoshem Echad.

100-1066605550

Fair enough I will just work on them for you then :D. Anyways nice way to delete the 1.5 board yet find my decks to beat and put it in the 1.x er 1.x and 1.5 board. And I thought the abyss was just a magic card, turns out to be where the 1.5 board was and where you got my DTB thing from :).

Edited By drg` on 1068134607

103-1068689937

Some of you may know me from themanadrain
    My name is Greg and I'm from Tennessee. I'm a Junior in high school. I usually don't post much unless the topic is about Reanimator or Nether Void (pm me for decklists). This board looks like it has a lot of potential.

Thread Information