Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself Here

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

I never posted on here. Does anyone even read these?

I'm Matt. I got back into Magic about two years ago but play kitchen table from 1994-2000. I started playing at events about 1 - 1.5 years ago. Mostly standard and prerelease events. I then moved on to modern when I could find it. Now I also play legacy since it's available in the area.

I've recently been playing GW Enchantress (various wincons including RIP/Helm, Emrakul, Words of War, and Sigil of the Empty Throne) and Sneak and Show. I have Shardless BUG and Goblins built. I'm looking into finishing up High Tide. I like decks that I can play solitaire for fun to go through he iterations when I can't get any games in.

In real life, I teach elementary school.

Перетягивание
    Feb 2012
    Canberra, Australia

Welcome newcomers!

DocteurGabe
    Mar 2013
    Halifax, NS, Canada

Well, hi everyone! Name's Gabe, been living in Nova Scotia, Canada for the past 7 years. Got back into magic about 3 years ago after an almost 10 years hiatus. Played in a couple GP and PTQ, no epic finish tho :/

Currently playing Combo elves and toying with some foolish ideas!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I facepalm so hard in Public that hipsters gonna make this a new trend

Storyboard & Comic Artist
    May 2011
    San Diego, CA

Hey guys! You might know me as that person that WotC keeps sending their lawyers after every other month for drawing erotica for women & various other reasons I'm just not entirely sure of. I'm a Graphic Designer and Storyboard artist as my day job. You can also catch me on Johnathan Medina's website at LegitMTG and occasionally stuff for Manadeprived. I started playing MTG in summer the summer of 1995.

I guess my pet deck in Legacy is Mono-black Pox and my main competitive deck is Miracle Counter-top (RIP version). I don't have a ton of cash to blow, so I'm pretty much restricted down to those two main decks. I also do a bit of Modern competitive play which range from Mono Black Infect to all sorts of variations of UWR control. Basically Angels Midrange UW, Sun Titan Control UW, and Ajani Control UWR. I also have a few competitive Pauper decks, which I play with the Marines stationed here in SoCal.
    Producer of Tonkatsu Taco
    Comic contributor for ManaDeprived.com ,LegitMTG.com, & GatheringMagic.com
    You can find my daily sketches & cartoons on Polishtamales.com!

Sponsors for Emerging Music/Art Festival (Downtown LA)

Want to introduce your product to over 2000 of the hippest, trendiest, folks in LA next Saturday? Become an event sponsor on one of LA's coolest emerging music festivals. Stick close to home and rediscover the art and music scene thriving and brimming with talent that's poised to break so soon. Text 9176215942 for info on the festival and sponsorship packages. Lots of big secrets that we just can't share too publicly these days, but we promise--like last year, this will be wild and you'll want to be apart of this.

*it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013
    France

Hi everyone!

I'm a PhD student from Bordeaux (France) and currently finishing my thesis (or roaming on The Source!). I'm 28 and have been playing Magic since around the Tempest block then quit around Mirrodin and got back recently with Innistrad. I am of course a Legacy player and enjoy a lot the mighty format that is Vintage. I play different archetype and like to play against different archetype.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Island View Post
    Hi everyone!
    *checks username* That's the second-best username I have ever seen! Welcome to The Source, your source for awesomeness!
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013
    France

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    *checks username* That's the second-best username I have ever seen! Welcome to The Source, your source for awesomeness!
    I assume your favorite is Julian23 ;)? Thanks man and see you on the multiple awesome threads on this forum!

"Foil is as good as FoW, right?"

Feb 2013

Hi everybody, my name's Billy. I only got into magic just after Dark Ascension, but learned the ropes very quickly because of a fairly competitive LGS in my area. Being the only one in my family that plays, I don't have the advantage of my dad having old cards, or even them supporting my hobby. But I get what I can with my minimum wage job, and tend to use cheap but effective (though not necessarily competitive) decks while I gather the pieces for a better one! I currently run The Cure, but am gathering cards for High Tide.
    Other than that, I casually mess around with a Restore Balance deck in Modern, as well as White Weenie and Pillow Fort in Standard. That's really it for me, so I'll leave with this deck idea my friends and I came up with that I haven't seen before:

167 Shadowborn Apostle
    75 Blue/Black Lands
    4 Rune-Scarred Demon
    4 Battle of Wits
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I'd Sundering Titan the living shit out of you, even if I didn't win the game, I got to throw away 75% of the fun, and claim the last 25% as my own.
    Legacy: High Tide(WIP)

Hey guys,

My name is Gavin and I live currently in Las Vegas with my wife and son.

I'm really just a casual player who played a lot with friends back during Revised / Fallen Empires through Tempest. One of my best friends recently rekindled my interest in the game and got me back into collecting and some playing. My favorite format is "Rainbow Magic" which we used to play all the time back in the day. I'm currently mostly playing EDH head's up with my friend over Skype and its been a lot of fun. I have no current plans to actually play in any Legacy/Vintage tournaments, however I love the nostalgia and artwork on many of the old cards and have begun putting a collection back together for fun. I am amazed at what prices have done over the past 15 years. I remember owning 3 Mishra's Workshops when they were $25-$30 each. I'm sure a lot of people here have those stories. Anyhow, I'm not on a budget and am looking for a whole lot of cards from all sets for casual play (probably the Power 9 at some point also). Haha.

Cheers and thanks for having me!

Gavin

Hello all, I'm The Doctor :D (not an actual doctor, I just like the show)
    I have been playing magic since around invasion block, but it was casual for most of the time, and it was an on and off thing. I never was into standard, but I got into legacy around 2008 or 2009 if I remember correctly.

I have actually known about the source for a while, and I even read stuff from the forums from time to time, but I never bothered registering because I used mtgsalvation. I registered now because I realized that I care about legacy the most anyways, so why not? :)

Jul 2013
    Indiana

Hello, my name's Kyle. I named myself after my favorite Legendary Creature. My main format is EDH, but I play Standard and sometimes Modern, too. Sup?

Jul 2013
    Cincinnati

My name is Lee; I'm 40, live in Ohio, and am a CPA. As best I remember, I picked up my two pack a day habit back in the Summer of 94. I was never able to get my hands on any unlimited or earlier boosters but had full Revised, The Dark, and Fallen Empires. Stopped playing and buying somewhere around 4th Ed. Haven't played in a loooong time but thought I'd check to see what the prices were like these days and immediately regretted not paying 200 for a Beta Black Lotus when I had the chance!

I'm curious if anyone on this board has dealt with any of the online buying or selling sites? I'm looking to sell some dual lands and pick up a few cards from Arabian Nights but don't want to get ripped off. Any recommendations or warnings would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lee

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Hey Lee, cool you're on here. Always love to see some veterans come back to Magic, especially when it's Legacy.

Regarding buying online, the big guys like Starcitygames and ChannelFireball are super safe and usually have great customer service. But of course, that comes at a little extra. I wouldn't recommend buying high tier cards like Power from just some random guy. Also look out for SCG Opens or any kind of Grand Prix in your area, where you should usually be able to find about any card you desire AND get to have a real look at it before buying.

Welcome to The Source!
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Jun 2013
    San Francisco

Hello,
    I'm getting back into the game after a 13 year break. All my cards are only usable in Legacy so here I am. Traded away most of my Vintage cards to get some of the new broken cards, and am still amazed at how awesome creatures got while I was gone.I'm a bit rusty, but I'm working on getting a decent deck together.

I'm a native Californian on the Peninsula in the Bay Area. Thanks for having a great community.

Cheers.

Hello to everyone.

I'm really new to the legacy format, so i decided to join this website to learn more.

PS: Sorry for the Short presentation.

Site Contributor
    Jul 2013
    Austin, TX

Hey all! Wanted to definately introduce myself here, since I have a feeling I will be spending alot my time here moving forward. I started playing magic back in 94.. Around the time legends was still in stores since I remember buying packs of it then. I stopped playing in 2002 in where I sold off my cards (moxes, duals etc) to pay rent one month.... Anyways its 11 years later and I am back strong. Re-buying old collections and cards that brought so many memories as a child. I am sure many here have that same emotional attachment to some cards that I am experiencing all over again. Not to mention learning about 11 years worth of cards in the middle there.

I'm 32 years old and am a working concept artist in the game industry.. and lately I am even painting custom playmats for people here in austin! LOVE the fact I found a community as into vintage / legacy cards as I am.

Aug 2009
    Finland

Hello everyone!

28 years old guy from Finland. I only play MtG in MtG:O and my collection isn't yet at a point where I can really play legacy, but I am slowly getting there. Speaking of which if anyone can point me to a resource which has legacy staples listed (sort of a checklist for me to build collection) I would appreciate it!

In modo I mainly play pauper and limited. I am also part of Pauper to the People podcast staff. I live on another continent than the other hosts so I don't feature in the podcast too often but I help them to run the forums and work with some topics etc.

I pretty much go by the username yugular in everywhere. mtgo, mtgs, themanadrain, paupertothepeople forums etc etc.

Aug 2013
    The Netherlands

Hello!

Old-skool mtg-player here. Been back watching online since... Pro Tour Dark Ascention mainly. After that, I've gathered my old cards and slowly decided what I wanted to play exactly. After I found two Gaea's Cradle I've hid for myself since... I guess 2002, I decided my first new constructed deck would be Elves, of course. Since then my main hobby in MtG is still watching tournaments, especially the Legacy-ones. I've also played two Legacy-tourney's at GP Utrecht, I live in the Netherlands. I like to play Magic winston-draft though and I'm seriously thinking about a Winstoncube. But of course, I'm here to discuss Legacy...

Aug 2009
    Finland

I lived in Utrecht for a while back in 2007. Too bad I didn't play MtG back then...

Thread Information