Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself Here

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

I've been a member for a while, but I moved to Denver recently and was looking for a good shop/place to play. I didn't see a thread for that kind of question, so I figured posting in here would be the next best thing. Thanks!

hello to all members I am touqeer
    freelancer web designer

Site Contributor

Sep 2013
    DFW

Hello everyone! My name is Andrew and I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I picked up MTG when I was younger during the Urza's Saga block and had quit around Planeshift. I started playing again about a year ago after getting hurt too many times in sports and was looking for another creative/competitive outlet. After playing a lot of limited, I realized I missed playing with old and powerful cards so I decided to play legacy. My current completed decks include Omnitell and Sneak and Show, while currently trying to finish combo elves.

Sep 2013
    France

My name is Julien, I'm 30 and live eastern from France near Germany and Switzerland. I began to play during the FBB period in Europe and stopped after mirage. I'm back into the game for 4 years thanks to my mother who ask me to clean all the garbage I left for years and I found my old binder and decks. After that I first realised that the game was not dead, that my friends also kept their cards and that with internet I had the possibility to obtain all the cards of my dream i.e Power

Since then I only play T1 for competitive and casual multi player but I have to admit now that vintage scene is nearly dead localy so I decided to switch to legacy and I'm here

Thanks

May 2010
    Florida

I honestly been here three years and just noticed this thread. Anyways:

My name is Onar, 22, Russian American ,started MTG when Zen was released. Now am a MTG site admin on one of the various MTG sites. Usually do standard or casual, although being a site admin, I stay informed in other formats such as Legacy , Vintage, Modern and EDH ( Commander).

I am very sociable as the Source has already felt.

You can also find me at MTGS , MDV, MTGVault, TMD ( same username) , on Realms as ExarionUniverse1, as at my site, @Bargior on Twitter.

Sincerely, hope to make new friends, Onar.
    Titles do not honour men , men honour Titles.

admin of http://magecraftia.com/index.php

Jan 2013
    Cedar Falls, IA

Hello, my name is Andrew. I am an unemployed 23 year old looking to play as much magic as possible. I started playing magic around Odyssey as a super casual, not even aware that there was a competitive side to the game. I quit around Kamigawa because I hated the new borders, and they didn't print enough goblins. I got back into it during Rise of the Eldrazi, all my friends only wanted to play standard, so I got into competitive magic. I still hate the new borders, but I now play draft, Standard, Modern, Legacy, EDH and cube, and would love to play Vintage too if that was a format in Iowa.

I am always looking for more people to play with, I want to get as good at this game as I can, especially the best format, Legacy.

Hi everyone

I used to play around late Urza block to beginning of Odyssey with a good friend then stopped playing for some reason I cannot remember.

I remember I used to be one of the worst players at my grade school in magic because everyone had fancy cards/ I didn't know how to play. It was so frustrating losing to my friend all the time with his absurd control decks. My parents bought me the Deckmasters box so I decided let me try using those decks, I just shoved more incinerates and storm shamans in there to make it viable. One game I managed to just soul burn and incinerate my friend out of nowhere.

My friend tried to get me back into Magic with the M10 sealed prerelease event. It was obvious I still didn't know what I was doing, I didn't even know you had a second main phase . I managed to win a game because my friend helped me with the deck. The experience was pretty bad due to the LGS being full of dicks so I ended up not getting back into it.

Now just like four months ago my friend again convinced me to play this time with MTGO. I was having fun again and wanted me to play in a legacy tourney with him this month, he gave me an Innistrad Fat pack and an M14 fat pack he had left over. Out of the Innistrad pack I got 2 Liliana of the Veils in them and one Chandra, Pyromaster in the other one.

cool guy
    Nov 2013
    Michigan

Hey, I go by Gio. I used to play super smash bros competitively but it eventually became a bit boring to me. I played magic a ton back starting with nemesis but it was only very casually. I switched from smash to magic around the time return to ravnica was released (ravnica was my favorite set when I was little), and have since been amazed at the depth and strategy that legacy has. I've slowly been buying my way into the format since. I've been playing Merfolk at my local game store in Ann Arbor, but am currently finishing up buying the blue fetchlands. I'm probably going to build a delver or stoneblade variant. I've found that a lot of the skills I learned from playing video games at the top level has translated pretty well over to magic, but magic requires perhaps more long-term planning skills.

Buying cardboard >
    Jan 2011
    801,Utah

Quote Originally Posted by giobot View Post
    Hey, I go by Gio. I used to play super smash bros competitively but it eventually became a bit boring to me. I played magic a ton back starting with nemesis but it was only very casually. I switched from smash to magic around the time return to ravnica was released (ravnica was my favorite set when I was little), and have since been amazed at the depth and strategy that legacy has. I've slowly been buying my way into the format since. I've been playing Merfolk at my local game store in Ann Arbor, but am currently finishing up buying the blue fetchlands. I'm probably going to build a delver or stoneblade variant. I've found that a lot of the skills I learned from playing video games at the top level has translated pretty well over to magic, but magic requires perhaps more long-term planning skills.
    Welcome, Gio. What SSB game did you play? Main? I use to play some what competitively a few years ago myself.
    What it takes to be a pimp:
    1. Knowing the right people.
    2. Have the money
    Not one or the other, but both.

The fastest way to become a millionare is to start with a billion dollars, then start collecting magic cards, eh? - dry cereal

cool guy
    Nov 2013
    Michigan

i played all 3 competitively. i was PRed in brawl for a while in MI. 64 - kirby/falcon, melee - fox/marth/sheik, brawl - meta knight

what did you play?

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking this forum for a long time, and my soon to come internship to London made me register at last for I am willing to meet some players to chat, play legacy and EDH.

I am a French player myself, browsing the forums of Legacy France, and will remain in London for the next 6 months to come.

So feel free to contact me, I would be very glad to meet you guys :)

should probably be either working or sleeping

Jan 2014
    Sweden

Hi,

I should present myself, then maybe I dare to say something more.
    I am a geek, that enjoy boardgames and magic as some of my hobbies, and write code for a paytv operator do get the money for the boardgames and magic cards.

I started playing Magic the first time in the 90s on an rather abonded island with the cards blowing away, and from then I played to and from. I got back into the game in 2012 with EDH and drafts, but have lately got fascinated by loseing in legacy just like when I was starting to play the game so I started to build a Goblin deck. This is far from finished yet and might turn out to become more decks as the format is so much fun.
    just staring legacy with rw goblins. and pretending to work but reading here.

Feb 2014
    North Carolina, USA

I kind of just jumped into here lately, but I guess I should introduce myself... I'm a long-time lurker. I had an old account, but lost the info for it. Anyway, I've been a big follower of Legacy since Time Spiral block. I'm trying to give Modern more of a chance, but on a more casual level. I'm starting an organization called Building Better Gamers, which will help people get better at games. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot away.
    GamErgonomics: The Science of Gaming Performance
    Life Coaching for Gamers
    Personal Gaming Blog UPDATED 1/13
    "Everyone is a hero. Even if you've only saved yourself."

Hello there! I'm new to actually playing Legacy but not to Legacy coverage and Magic in general. I started playing right after the original Ravnica was released. I started with Extended back when the format was sweet because it included most of the card my friends played at the time. After building No-Stick SCG was pushing Vintage at the time with it Power Nine events. Of course proxy decks ensued. Being about 15 at the time, I couldn't afford much. My dad got me a Grim Tutor for my birthday and three starter packs one of which had another one it. Best pack ever obviously. I decided to sell those since Vintage wasn't realistic and there was no support for it in my area, buying Hallowed Fountains when they cost about the same as Tundras...ten years later I see I made a massive mistake. After playing Standard regularly for years I grew bored. I wanted to play Legacy but my fast food job didn't cut it. But now I've joined the military and have plenty of disposable income. So here we are. I love blue cards and Storm combo. Also foils and German cards.
    Last edited by rarehunter; 03-17-2014 at 03:39 AM.

Mar 2014
    Boston

Hello Everyone,

I'm a Boston based legacy lover who got back into magic from a 12 year hiatus during Innistrad. Currently I have to travel extensively for work and I hope to help find events/games on this site!
    Playing some variety of delver.

Hi.

I first picked up Magic around Mirage, but didn't actually get a deck until around 7th edition's release (being a kid sucks, heh). Quit @ Mirrodin because Magic was a little too ridiculous at that point and just recently came back to the game. I'm pleasantly surprised at the health of 1.5 and I had the cards from before, so here I am. I like drawing cards and playing combos, so Enchantress is my deck of choice ;). I've lurked here a bit and have learned so much; This site is a fantastic resource.
    Last edited by Bertrand Hustle; 03-30-2014 at 04:33 AM.

Man of the Bounce
    Apr 2011
    City of Angels

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Hustle View Post
    Hi.

I first picked up Magic around Mirage, but didn't actually get a deck until around 7th edition's release (being a kid sucks, heh). Quit @ Mirrodin because Magic was a little too ridiculous at that point and just recently came back to the game. I'm presently surprised at the health of 1.5 and I had the cards from before, so here I am. I like drawing cards and playing combos, so Enchantress is my deck of choice ;). I've lurked here a bit and have learned so much; This site is a fantastic resource.
    If not for anything else you'll usually catch people off guard with Enchantress; It has its own intricacies not apparent to your opponent.

Anyways welcome aboard.
    WESTCOAST
    DREDGE Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Que View Post
    If not for anything else you'll usually catch people off guard with Enchantress; It has its own intricacies not apparent to your opponent.

Anyways welcome aboard.
    Thank you!

Apr 2014
    phillipines

hi im ryan oliver aquino from phillipines.
    been playing magic since 14 years old im turning 29 right now..
    i lost my whole collection circa 2002..just getting back to MTG about 4 years ago,

my vintage deck right is dark times,legacy decks i used is belcher,RDW,ichorid

Man of the Bounce
    Apr 2011
    City of Angels

Quote Originally Posted by big_ticket View Post
    hi im ryan oliver aquino from phillipines.
    been playing magic since 14 years old im turning 29 right now..
    i lost my whole collection circa 2002..just getting back to MTG about 4 years ago,

my vintage deck right is dark times,legacy decks i used is belcher,RDW,ichorid
    Hey welcome to The Source!

I've prob been playing since I was 14 as well! Cool that you got back into Magic. It truly is cardboard crack haha.

Well I hope you find this place a valuable resource. Also do you like Kevin Garnett? Just curious because of your username. ;p
    WESTCOAST
    DREDGE Playlist

Thread Information