Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself Here

Apr 2014
    phillipines

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Quote Originally Posted by Que View Post
    Hey welcome to The Source!

I've prob been playing since I was 14 as well! Cool that you got back into Magic. It truly is cardboard crack haha.

Well I hope you find this place a valuable resource. Also do you like Kevin Garnett? Just curious because of your username. ;p
    yeah i really loved KG since 1995 started playing magic in that year also

im having fun right now on The source

cant quit magic i guess..love for the game..

Hi all! I'm a player based out of the bay area. I've been playing magic since mirage, stopped at Odyssey, then came back during Zendikar. I played mostly drafts for a while, but eventually fell in love with legacy because I could use some of my old cards. I originally built UWR delver, but I'm transitioning into BUG because hymn is my favorite card if all time.

Nice to meet you all and I love all the information on this site!

I joined here a couple months back when I decided to make the plunge ($$) into Legacy. Thankfully, I got the lands I wanted first before the most recent jump in their prices.

I'm 33. My name is Rich and I originally played in 1994-1995 between Revised and Chronicles. I continued to play the decks I had among friends for years after, but stopped purchasing cards around the end of 1995. Unfortunately, the top three decks I had which contained most of my good cards were stolen in either the summer of 2000 or summer of 2001 (I forget exactly, college mostly involved beer and traveling while playing baseball). In early October of last year, after a 12-13 year hiatus, a buddy of mine brought up Magic and how fun it was and we got back in. I returned to MTG junkie status as soon as the first "new" pack was opened. The first Legacy deck I put together last November was Pox as a sort of homage to a BW control deck I had so long ago built around Sinkhole, Wrath, Will O' The Wisp, Pestilence, Drain Life, etc....

I have soaked of plenty of information from this site and am happy to introduce myself as well as thank this board for the information I have already gleaned. I play for fun but am competitive enough to care in order to put forth the effort in game while I play. Life is too busy to consider becoming a grinder, but I plan on playing in some bigger tourneys just to experience them.

Six decks have been put together in the last 5 months and my buddy has another two that we have used to get used to the Legacy game and to become better players overall since so much has changed. We have finally gotten to a couple of the Legacy nights offered by our local shop. I have been playing Sneak and Show (I've liked big creatures since I opened a Force of Nature in my first starter box), the deck I am most proficient in, but have been running smack dab into a bunch of Karakas lately, so I may be moving to BUG Delver for a while. The house "metagame" right now is Miracles, RUG Delver, BUG Delver, SnS, DnT, Pox, Fish and Esper Stoneblade.

My real life involves two dogs, a wife, a tough job that takes way too much time to perform, a sports podcast, some NFL writing at a site, Strat-O-Matic baseball, golf, racquetball and poker.

Is this thread still alive? Anyhow. I'm a magic player from Virginia. I've been playing legacy for about a year now, not very competitively, but browsing The Source has been helpful. I'm still looking for a deck that I want to champion for the long haul. Ideally it'll be something that is both fun and competitive; I've just retired Tin Fins and I'm thinking of building Solidarity next. I look forward to chatting with smart folks on this site.

I didn't do this when I joined but I'm going to do this now just because I feel like it. Hi there. Most of the people who know me on here know me as Dragonslayer, the guy who revamped the Team America thread. Before I did that the primer was really outdated. It was as old as it could possibly be since the original poster was the great Dan Signorini. It still had the original Team America list with 4 TOMBSTALKERS AND 4 SINKHOLES! I have been playing legacy for almost a year now. It's amazing how much I've learned as a player in such a short span of time. Legacy truly is a fun and amazing format with a lot of depth. For more info on my journey you can read my post in the following thread here: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...f-Legacy/page2. I haven't had that much success as a legacy player yet. I've had one Top 32 with Team America at SCG Indy in January 2014 and before that won a small GP DC Trial with Shardless BUG. Nothing too special. I'm hoping that changes in the foreseeable future. I will say that I have loved being a part of this forum. It gives me a good amount of food for thought when I'm thinking about legacy and I check multiple times a day during my free time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysandros View Post
    I'm a crusty "old" player who would play nothing but Vintage, Legacy and 93/94 if I could, so I'm probably biased...but I'll never understand the draw to Modern. It's the Communist Soviet Union of MtG formats.
    In regards to Legacy:
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimoirePath View Post
    I dont know, I guess I like the anarchistic, outlaw format that allows everything and can thrive with or without the papal blessing.

Jul 2014
    Indiana

Since this seems like a reasonable place to post before I post anywhere else, I shall do so, if only to say I've done so.

My name is Eric, and I'm very new both to The Source and wanting to own a Legacy deck. I'm in the process of trying to build some form of BUG Delver right now, simply because I have quite a few cards that fit right into the archetype, and people told me it was easier to build (or maybe it was win with? I don't really recall) than Shardless BUG. I've got a deck idea sketched out, but I'm quite far from actually having it together, mostly due to owning none of its mana base right now. I would expect to see most of my posts end up in that topic for a while, but if I do come out to the main site, at least you'll have some frame of reference for who I am.

Not sure what else to add, so I'll just leave this final tidbit. The reason I want to get into Legacy is so that I can actually take a deck to an SCG Open and not have to worry about whether it's worth spending $40 to play it, and because the only other chance I'd have to play Legacy is to buy into a complete deck on MTGO, which is not exactly an expense I can afford right now. While I don't expect to achieve my primary goal of "playing a deck in an Open" soon, it's nice to know that there are people I can actually ask for advice about getting there.

Hello people of the Source! I'm Matt, a longtime anonymous lurker on these forums. I play Standard and Modern regularly. Having played lots of Jund-style decks in Modern, I'm building into Shardless BUG in legacy, having just acquired the necessary duals. Legacy is easily my favorite format. I also post sometimes on MTGSalvation under the same username.

Quote Originally Posted by death
    You can call me "Johnny", that's the type of Magic player I've been the longest. I have no accounts elsewhere, except at Storm boards. I am anti-meta and I usually tune decks that beat the current meta.
    #Blastfrom2012

I still don't have accounts elsewhere. During my free time I get gratification only from playing 1) 4xJace tMS in a control shell and 2) 4xOmniscience decks.

I can sleeve up ANT, Reanimator, High Tide, Hive Mind, UB Stax, UR Painter, Eva Green and Esper.. but games aren't really that satisfying as much tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSettler View Post
    Jesus H Cardsheet died for your NFC sins.

Spencer Argenna
    I play mostly Legacy and Standard (and limited). I've been playing legacy for about 5 years now and it's easily my favorite format.
    I live in Rochester, NY and go to RIT (for Mechanical Engineering).

Jan 2015
    Tacoma, WA

Hey there Source, I'm Rick from Tacoma, WA! Long time lurker/reader and Burn player. I've taken several breaks from MTG and Legacy but have been getting back into it weekly and I am looking forward to the Legacy Grand Prix this November in Tacoma.

Glad to be part of the community here :)

Apr 2014
    Colorado Springs

Hello SOURCE!!! Thought I would finally introduce myself, my name is Brian from Colorado Springs. Representing the legacy scene in the midwest which is almost non-existent...LOL There's actually some great guys in the Denver area, just need to make the commute. Started playing back in 94' with good ole Suicide Black. Fun fact, actually have a MTG store in town that has a liquor license. Nothing better that playing magic and getting drunk.

Hello The Source! My name is Zachary Koch. I am a Safety Engineer from Huntsville Alabama. I only started playing Legacy about 1.5 years ago, but I'm crazy about it. I've played several different decks, but lately I've been stuck on Infect as it has produced the best results for me recently at the SCG Indianapolis and Worcester Opens. I'm looking forward to all the useful knowledge of such a veteran crowd and trying to contribute to the content here! Thanks!

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Reintroduction?

I'm Joe, from the Lehigh Valley, PA. I've been playing MTG since 4th Edition, when I was 8 years old. Been on-and-off for a while. Played pretty seriously about 5 years ago in PA/NJ/Vestal, NY. Sold everything 4 years ago, but now I just started playing again, rebuilding a collection on MTGO. Moving to NYC soon, but probably won't have the time (or money) to play physical for a long time.

Heeeelloo everyone curious enough to still be reading the introduce thread!^^

Im Sebastian from Sweden, been around for some time but feeling like ill be more n more active from now on. Ive mostly played jund n junk versions of nicfit, and about to finnish my reanimator deck soon aswell:)

I started playing MtG 2years ago, but on a very casual basis. november last year i started collecting legacy staples, im falling more and more in love with this wonderful format! ;) Because im still so fresh ill probably ask alot of stupid curious questions.

Cheers and see ya in the forums! ^^

/Gaz

Hi I'm Zachinflames

You might remember me from the time I gave all your instants and sorceries Flashback... or maybe that was Past in Flames.

I'm from Rochester, NY and I live in Fort Collins, Colorado. I make maps and I am Geologist. Mtg Player since Invasion came out up until Scourge and got back into the game when I saw Emrakul. the Aeons Torn by accident one time.

I joined to talk about ways we can cast Yawgmoth's Will or whatever in Legacy and kill our opponents, but I am also passionate (weird?) about Dredge and the card Phyrexian Dreadnought.

I also really like that land Cabal Pit.

I own a couple Vendillion Cliques

Thank you.

My name is Dave. Long time lurker. I have been playing magic since Unlimited. Took a few breaks through the years but MtG is perennial and will always be in my life. I am a clinical psychologist in the real world. Besides a stint in the competitive vintage scene in the early 2000's I would describe myself as a casual player a heart. I play 93/94 and vintage, but I own legacy and modern decks. I tend to stick with the eternal formats. I collect the "old" cards that dominated my childhood. I recently starting traveling for events because I would like to be competitive once again at some level.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Welcome. If Vintage is also in your wheelhouse I also suggest The Mana Drain. It's another place for great content. Enjoy your stay.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Hi I'm Abdullah.

I started playing Magic around 2 years ago --- NPR had a story on "The Black Lotus" and after researching the game, I started drafting. Store mainly plays modern, so I picked up a deck and played that for a bit until it got banned out.

Now I have a modern deck which I am converting to legacy. I've lurked for a bit. Hopefully I can contribute.
    Last edited by almostnice; 06-20-2016 at 07:16 PM.

Just saw this topic

Been playing since 95-96, just casual took a break, got back big time in roe - som/isd and can't stop except to buy real guns and airsoft guns.

I played in standard the first time with a uw control shell using venser Percy and a leonin relic warder.
    I did well because I know how to play and somewhat predict actions once I saw a few things and getting in the groove.

But in casual the previous 3 years I always won games because I had an idea on how to make a winning deck.

I'm brewing some ideas for modern and legacy but I'm not to the point where I want to start asking for help.

Currently use in legacy
    Burn
    Affinity
    High tide

Modern
    Draw go esper
    Mono blue tron (kinda mud like instead of slaver lock)
    A uw control deck of my doing (testing)

In progress
    merfolk (1.5 and mod)
    Affinity (mod burn affinity)
    Some kind of junk(1.5)

Many common only decks because paper and its just fun( no ban list!)

I have an extensive collection but I'm not rich( like them cheap t1-2 deck guys that ruin the meta for many that want to test and just have fun, I can see why many tcg people move to ttg).

I mean if you brag about having p9 and 20 fow type shit why are you playing dredge or something as degenerate?
    I may play a couple "non fair" decks but at least people get turns and damage in.

Hello everyone,

Brad here. Long time magic player...on and off over the years. I started with Invasion so it took me a lot of years to stop thinking that every single deck needed to have all 5 colors to be good

It's always amazing to me that the game continues to evolve.

I travel a lot so don't ever have time to build a consistent play group but always look forward to playing. My shining MTG moment? Beating a local bully who usually won every FNM with a very...very expensive control deck...

And I beat him with my goofy angel deck...with little serra avengers and some cards that at the time weren't super well used...but I threw in because I was on a budget.

He nearly flipped the table over when I Pongified his masticore!!

Anyways...

Nice to meet you all.

Thread Information