Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Introduce Yourself Here

Oct 2016
    Germantown, Md

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Greeting!

I am a longtime lurker on here. I have played magic off and on since Ice Age. I picked up legacy about two and a half years ago and have played Death and Taxes the most since starting. I switch to over time to time to any deck that runs ports and wasteland.

I live in Germantown, Maryland and only have about one day a week to play due to raising my son and living the family dream. I hope to venture out into other parts of Maryland and Nova to enjoy the best format in Magic.

-Patrick

Original Gangster
    Jan 2017

Hello everyone,

Getting back into Magic after a long hiatus. Since most of my cards are from between 4th Edition and Exodus it's only natural that I get into legacy.

Aug 2015
    the woods

Wow; looks like I've joined the club of people who didn't know this thread existed.

Nice to meet you all! I'm John. I live in Vermont, but I jumped around quite a bit (California, Texas, Connecticut, Europe) to end up here. I started playing Magic in '98–'99, and started playing Legacy after I got tired of blowing my fortune (in pennies) on Standard around RTR-Theros. Decided moving expensive cards I'd never use for cards that'd make cohesive decks out of my old stuff seemed like a good plan, and I haven't looked back.

I'm a mediocre player with a big interest in theorycrafting and getting better at Magic (esp. the math part). I also probably post too much. If only that were a way to get paid as an underemployed ancient history MA...

Anyway, I play Storm, Dredge, Charbelcher, and—occasionally—All Spells. About two cards away from getting U/B Reanimator together, too.

I play a bit of Commander, but only five-color doinitwrong reanimator with Atogatog as the commander. I think I've cast the commander twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Jul 2016
    Lisbon

Hi I'm Francisco, i'm a portuguese student and i live in Lisbon (i'm probably the youngest legacy player in Lisbon).
    I've been playing sice early 2016, i used to play standard and modern, then i tried legacy and now i play only legacy and sometimes limited.
    I play currently with LED Dredge and i'm going to build soon BR reanimator.

Hi, I'm BL(I'd prefer not to reveal my full name if allowed) and I'm from Indonesia. I graduated high school in 2014 and have been working ever since (Will soon attend university though). I've only been playing since 2014, so I'm fairly new to this game.

I started with kitchen table magic, proceeded to Modern, and was finally introduced to Legacy last year (Haven't regretted a single moment of it).

Nice to meet you all!

hi all, I'm claudio from Italy. Worker on quality control for automotive, long time visitor of the forum, now I would like to reply some threads.
    Playing magic since Odyssey block, today I play Legacy and Pauper, then modern sometimes.
    currently use in Legacy Burn and Deadguy Ale, but would like to try LED based decks.
    Nice to meet you all, cya!

Hi,

I'm Neil and play casually around Manchester (UK) when i can get out of the office on time! Have Grixis Delver built and hope to make it to some tournaments as i get more experience with the format. Basically want to hoover up information and contribute where i can :)

Ronco here.
    Started playing around Ice age/5th edition. Then stopped around 2005 or so after foolishly losing 3 power cards (big blue). So I said F-it and quit and sold my collection. Then got curious and stumbled on here and found out that two jank decks I liked to play for fun (buried alive/living dead and Pandmonium/Saproling burst) basically got combined into Dredge and became legitimately competitive. So I pretty much netdecked to start my collection over again. Back up to about 90 cards lol. I like the challenge of making strange combos somewhat playable in casual formats and multiplayer. So I'm in a strange process of "watering down" manaless into more of a MP format.

Used to play:
    Browse Digger (my serious deck, for real).
    Sui Black
    Sligh
    R/G aggro that morphed into my PandeBurst
    7/10 split/workshop deck that was near completion when the unthinkable happened and I left the game.

Currently on Manaless dredge and rebuilding Sui for the time being. B/D was my "power" deck when I wanted a serious game so I doubt that will ever get remade, at least not in the next few years. Lots of good info on this site.

Greetings all,

I'm Sean, in Austin, TX. My username is in no way a reference to the game but to a nickname...

I started playing in early '94 until early in the Tempest block. Then took a VERY long hiatus from the paper game, though I occasionally played the Microprose desktop game over the years... it's still pretty awesome IMO.

Thanks to interest in the game from a small group of equally-nerdy friends, I've recently returned to the game and am both thrilled at how it's evolved and a little overwhelmed at the sheer expansiveness of available options.

I'm a big fan of themed decks and building around a concept or favorite card and so tend to favor casual play to tournaments. That said, UW Control is still my go-to for 'serious' play and I'm trying to find a way to make it work now that I've replaced Serra Angel with Archangel of Thune. We'll see how that goes.

Cheers!

Hi guys. My name is Mitchell & I am from Orange County, California. I am a bored law student that enjoys playing legacy. I play fair blue decks in big tournaments like GPs, but also enjoy dabbling with combo every now and then for fun at small tournaments.

Hi Guys,

I'm a daily lurker, but rare poster. I play on mtgo almost every morning with coffee. I'm Rmosto. I like to play 4C control, BUG Foodchain and am now practicing with punishing maverick. I am always looking for others to playtest online and in paper. I live in Rhode Island. Cheers.

Nick

Hey!

I am a long time Lurker, first time poster! My name is Marcel and i live in western Austria. I picked up Legacy right after I started with competitive Magic around 2013. Before that, I only played casual.

I work as a travel agent, so I am on the road (or in the air) quite often. I am always looking to travel to the major Legacy events in Europe.

(PS: If anyone goes to the MKM Frankfurt 2018 - I need a Hotelmate/Playtest Buddy.

Thread Information