Redondo Beach, CA

Welcome to the board Keenan!!

-Rick Argiro-
    Monday Night Magic: http://rfimd2000.tripod.com/images/mnm/mondaynight.htm

Team
    Left
    Field

101-1073596216

Thanks for the response guys. I probably won't make it down to Altered this weekend but I'm gonna try and get to the 1.5 next Sunday.

Holy Christ, I can't believe I never replied to this.

*shrugs*

I'm the quintessential geek/nerd/dork etc. That's all you need to know.

Yes, it's 4 in the morning. yes, I'm bored out of my mind.
    SOURCE ASSHOLE
    Now Epic-ly Sexy
    My blog

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Jan 2004
    Phoenix AZ

Hi my name is edward McGee and I'm from Phoenix AZ. I've been playing magic stedily from Fallen Empires up.(talk about a bad time to invest in a new game.) I mostly play at my local store that runs 1.5, type 2, and draft. Our 1.5 was just scrubby decks until I saw ATS at brainburst and built it. I won the next tourny with 8 straight concessions and since then were getting a much better class of decks. Still no players with powered decks tho.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989"

[quote:sig_uid="Carney2k4"]I'm obviously The rapist.[/quote:sig_uid]

?
    Dec 2003
    High stakes cash games

Hi my name is Ben I'm 13.

I love video games and magic (t2, t1.5, and limited)

I live in worcester, MA with Allan (for all you speds not in the same building).

He got me into vintage and this site.

All though I missed it this year I'm looking forward to coming out to Cuse for the TMD now that I'm in to vintage.
    Team NeverWin: We just top 8 a lot.

Too lazy to post.

Dec 2003
    Houston, TX

I'm pretty late for this, so...

My name is George, I'm 17 from Texas. I started playing M: TG during Visions/Weatherlight. I play both Type 1 and 1.5.

For Type 1, I play Spoils-Mask, Gay/R, and Bloody Sui.

For Type 1.5, I play Goblin Sligh and Suicide Black.

That is all.

:O
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeSpam
    Quote Originally Posted by TeenieBopper
    yeah, and with the zero disruption the deck packs, what\'s it do against StP and Wrath of God?
    um.. naturalize it?

Jan 2004
    Ballston Spa, New York.

I'm Devin, I'm eighteen and I live in Ballston Spa, New York. I'm a casual magic player, although I do play in some small tournaments (none sanctioned) in the Albany area.

I own a lot of good cards, but I suck at magic.
    Banned.

Feb 2004
    Beaverton, oregon

One more oregonian for the list. I'm Jeremy, I live in forest grove, oregon. Apparently people play magic around here, or so the rumor goes so I'm gonna get my cards out of storage and see what happens.

I'm Hillel and I'm a junior in High School. I have played since the beginning(mainly with my bro's cards), but not heavily untill
    recently. I have no deck yet but like madness and RG decks.
    Ithaca: Home of people selling their power for $20 for some smoke money.

Dec 2003
    Portland OR

Hey I'm Bret from Portland OR. Or, for all you Pleasanton players, The bastard from out of town that only came to your tourny 2 weeks in a row (in september) and slaughtered you all with Phage from out of nowhere to ruin your whole tournament(s). Hahahahahahahaha! (just kidding)

I played from Ice Age to Alliances as a fun casual player. I started back up playing right after Planeshift and got into the tourny scene while playing IN/OD Fires of Yavimaya in Magic Online Beta testing. Been into tournies ever since. Was horribly scrubby for a long time playing T2 until I came up against a very high consentration of net-deckers who were really good players. I then net-decked building Carlos Ramaona's U/B Tog deck and played shitloads of mirros for months in order to get good. I believe I did get good after that though.

I started to get into Extended then (especially Donate/Lich, Trix and Oath) for a long time. I played Slide in T2 for a while after the rotation and kicked the shit out of lots of people with my crazy rouge build. When Extended rotated I pretty much really got into 1.5 and started to admire T1 but I didn't have power or tournies so I didn't play it. Then last June I loaned my cards to a friend for a few days and he had them stolen while waiting for a train. (Lost $3000 there)

From then on I could only afford to play in one format and OD block rotated out of T2 then (which sucked but was inevetable) so I build FEB. Controllish survival with rootwalla's was my baby right before the cards were stolen so FEB was a natural choice. I won 5 1.5 tournies in a row then (including the ones in Pleasenton) so 1.5 was my format from then on.

I moniter other formats but pretty much stick with 1.5 now.

I'm 21, don't have much money, working full time, getting back into college, and devote every saturday and somtimes friday to magic. I hope you enjoyed learning something about me:p

EDIT: Good job with the bold font on the cursing, and not even spelling the word correctly :p.

Edited By Diablos on 1077574378
    It's not a sin to be weak, it's a sin to stay weak.

Hello my name is Paul Thompson and I have played magic since summer of 1999.

I really haven't quit playing for very long as it is difficult to get off of the cardboard crack.

I've owned a couple of sets of Power nine but had to sell them both to pay for moving expenses, as well no one here plays type one. My favorite was probably my first Black Lotus I bought. Beta signed by garfield with a large crease down the middle for $220. Oh those were the days.

I play Type 1.5 (wMUD, Dragon!, Masknaught) Extended (Tog, Rock, whatever is good) Type 2 (R/W Control, G/W Control, Goblin Bidding, Affinity) Mirrodin block (R/G Artifact hate)

My collection is pretty extensive I own two-three playsets of all the blue duals, and one-two playsets of the rest. 6 Mana Drains, 6 Bazaar of Baghdad, 2 Beta Bezserk, 4 Mishra's Workshop, 5 Illusonary Mask. Those are the biggies I guess my extended Tog deck is all foil and my wMUD deck is all foil.

I'm also a level one judge (trying to get to level 2) I judged at GP Oakland, GP Anahiem, NW Regionals 2002, lots of PTQ's and prereleases etc.

I usually dominate at the local portland oregon/vancuver washington 1.5 events because my cards are just plain better than theirs (LOL) oh well. I hold my own in type 2 and extended but i'm only hovering around 1800 can't seem to stay above it for long. I play alot with 1900-2000 rated players, guys who have been on the PT or are still on the PT.

My one real weakness is limited and sealed deck, but I'm not completely horrible at that.

Anyways everyone should come and play at 1.5 Alternate Universe on Saturdays just so I can get some competiton. :D
    Team Ugly, Uglier than your team, way uglier.

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

hi. kinda late to introduce myself. My name is nick and im a 14 year old freshman at shen. i like soccer and a good competitive game of magic. Ive been playing magic for 2 years but im planning on going for a while. I'm just a laid back kinda guy. My friends call me troopatroop and thats my nick name. It just fealt right to make it my name here!! nice to meet you all!!

Feb 2004
    Olympia Washington

Hi my name is Gabriel Ossa. I was messing around and just found the source, which is badass!!! I am here gonna represent Washington, ohhhhh yeah the birthplace of magic.
    About me, I have been playing magic since revised but didn't start tournament magic until recently I play all formats playing in PTQS etc etc.... I greatly enjoy vintage and am almost fully powered, owning also some random trash like drains and bazaars :;): me and my friends have been trying to get vintage some actual play time in Washington and looks like we are finally going to get it rolling.
    you can\'t buy my power for it is under the kilt-Gabriel Ossa.

hello...

some of you know me some of you don't. I live in northern NJ, which means I can see NYC from my roof. I've been playing MTG since Chronicles. This is my favorite format, though I'm forced to play t1 because I'm about five hours from anyone else who plays with the good stuff.

anyone interested in meeting me for MWS/appr matches can email me.

later,
    Pai
    Those who know do not say; those who say do not know

Hi i playe magic the gathering in Portland Oregon. I dominate Bret And paul on a usual basis. I am the best magic player ever. Thank you!

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

yeah figuring thatyou like ancient silver back and you cant even spell it right! lol, jk. welcome to the source!

Feb 2004
    Burnt Hills, NY

Hi my name is Steve H and I live in burnt Hills, NY.I am in eighth grade and im 14 years old. I play in Albany at Gamers guild every friday. This is my first post at this site because I'm new here. I"ve been playing magic for about a year and a half now and I have a mediocre collection of cards and I consider myself a bad player, but I'm always trying to get better. I weigh about 115 and I'm somewhere around five feet tall( yeah i'm short...shut up) and my favorite color is purple.:p

Feb 2004
    Clifton Park, NY

What the hell, Why not...

Name: Jason Sims
    Playing since: dicking around since revised, never learned the rules really, I was like 7. Really started playing in Odyssey
    Location: I live in a little hick town in upstate NY, closest tournaments are the Albany Guild tourny's. Representing the museum of 1.5!

Yea, that's about it...
    Team Albany: What's Legacy?

You cannot know the sweetness of Victory, without first dwelling in the agony of Defeat.

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

FINALLY I SEE STEVE H AT THE SOURCE!!!!! HOLLA!!

Bazaar Legalization Advocate
    Nov 2003
    Syracuse

Well, I've been semi-participating on these boards for sometime now so I might as well chime in here.

I'm Jason, 29 years old, reside in the Syracuse, NY area, and currently work as a graphic/web designer for a small company just outside of downtown. I started playing around the release of Revised/Dark and stopped around Homelands when almost all the people I played with left college. After an long hiatus, being extremely bored coupled with the fact that the girlfriend was away finishing her Masters for teaching this past summer, I found my old collection in the closet and decided to check around and see what the game has been up to since I've been gone. Man, did I miss a lot. I attended a couple of the tuesday 1.5 tournies with an old G/W deck that I had still. I lost. Every match. It was, however, still enough to get me hooked back into the game and I am slowly getting up to speed on the current meta. Tenniebopper (I think it's him) will remember me as the guy who's Phyrexian Negator he hit with a Flametongue Kavu's Comes into Play effect (actually everyone at the tournament heard when he did it, "I JUST FLAMETONGUE KAVU'D A PHYREXIAN NEGATOR!")

Other random facts about me:
    - I race my car. I don't do that illegal Fast-n-Furious street racing crap. I race in sanctioned SCCA events. There's no better rush aside from jumping out of a plane.

- I play guitar (and to a lesser extent bass, drums and keyboards). Have been playing for more than 15 years. Currently contemplating starting a band to do original stuff.

- I am probably the cleanest-cut person you'll find that is a huge Hardcore/Metal/Death Metal fan.

- I use Macs more than I use PCs
    I wish my lawn was emo, so it would cut itself.

This End-User License is an agreement between Microsoft Corporation (hereafter referred to as "Microsoft") and you, the end-user (hereafter referred to as "our bitch").

Thread Information