Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself Here

Quote Originally Posted by Black and Blue
    Tenniebopper (I think it's him) will remember me as the guy who's Phyrexian Negator he hit with a Flametongue Kavu's Comes into Play effect (actually everyone at the tournament heard when he did it, "I JUST FLAMETONGUE KAVU'D A PHYREXIAN NEGATOR!")
    Heh, sorry 'bout that. If it makes you feel any better, I always yell out when I pull stupid plays like that. Hell, I did it to Dirty this past sunday too.

Kavu'ing a Negator is probably more fun that Misdirecting a fireblast back to a pup. :D
    SOURCE ASSHOLE
    Now Epic-ly Sexy
    My blog

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Bazaar Legalization Advocate
    Nov 2003
    Syracuse

Quote Originally Posted by TeenieBopper
    Heh, sorry 'bout that.
    Bah, no need to apologize. It's all good. I thought it was quite humorous also (not to mention almost board-sweeping) :D
    I wish my lawn was emo, so it would cut itself.

This End-User License is an agreement between Microsoft Corporation (hereafter referred to as "Microsoft") and you, the end-user (hereafter referred to as "our bitch").

Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY: the Sun-less wonderland!

I don't think I ever introduced myself! Not that I'd really need too, but I will a little:
    My real name is Kevin Garvey, I live in Baldwinsville, NY, just outside of syracuse. I enjoy skiing and basketball, and whatever other competitive sport you can think up (including arguing with teeniebopper, that has become a hobby for me :D ). Computer games are fun too! I am 22 years old, and I work for a division of the NYS Dept of Health in Syracuse (at least for now). I went to college at Clarkson University in Potsdam, NY, quite possibly the coldest place on earth. I enjoy making fun decks (thats what the game is all about) and I hate netdecking, because I feel that I can play my own deck much better than someone elses, because I know why each card is there. That said, I am Garv, and you will all fear my rancored Kitty!
    \"Though I haven\'t meet anyone that calls Extended Type 1.x. If someone did I would look at them funny and assume they took the tiny bus to Stupidtown.\" - Ewokslayer

\"A casual stasis deck? You must not really like your friends. Do you play it before or after you pull the wings off of flys and microwave the neighbor\'s cat?\" - EwokSlayer again

HappyGilmore: Someone has a stick up their ass.
    Peter Rotten: Yup, me. BTW, \"someone\" is singular. \"Their\" is plural. A singular an

Feb 2004
    Clifton Park, NY

Screw fearing the rancored kitty Garv, I fear the rancored BoP. Sheeit those things are scary when you are playing ground defense and then the little mana producer starts beating you in the face.
    Team Albany: What's Legacy?

You cannot know the sweetness of Victory, without first dwelling in the agony of Defeat.

Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY: the Sun-less wonderland!

hahaha! yea... that gets people more than you'd think too! I have in fact, triple berserked a rancored birds of paradise for the win before!
    \"Though I haven\'t meet anyone that calls Extended Type 1.x. If someone did I would look at them funny and assume they took the tiny bus to Stupidtown.\" - Ewokslayer

\"A casual stasis deck? You must not really like your friends. Do you play it before or after you pull the wings off of flys and microwave the neighbor\'s cat?\" - EwokSlayer again

HappyGilmore: Someone has a stick up their ass.
    Peter Rotten: Yup, me. BTW, \"someone\" is singular. \"Their\" is plural. A singular an

What's going on everyone? My names Mike Keller...otherwise known around the Altered States crew as "Hollywood", basically because of my major at college and my liking of film. I've been playing Magic since Alpha...of course then it wasn't even called that it was just "Magic". I am probably what you would call the epitomy of rogue player, because I refuse to optimize my deck building strategy with others...which completely defeats the purpose of my involvment on the site hehe. I generally make my own decks...and more often than not win with them :) My AIM screen name is MigalangeloloX....so if you wanna talk drop me a line!
    I'm from North Syracuse, NY.

Dec 2003
    syracuse

name : joe weber
    played magic since: 95
    team : team sped

ive been playing magic forever, around when revised came out. Ive won 7 ptqs, played in 20+ pro tours with some high finishes. I was ranked #1 in the world in limited at one time. Im a level 1 judge. I dont really take magic serious anymore but love the game and the people. ( well most of them =D) I dont really have much time to play these days(with work and a gf) but ill randomly show up to a tourney every now and then. I know most the syracuse people on the board and actually watched most of them grow up heh.
    sorry guys

Vintage
    1891 Rating 107 Matches 20 Events
    Personal Rankings

1 Syracuse

You have watched some of us grow up. I must've been like 12 when I started playing.

Heh, I remember one time I was at amrod's and somebody was like "Joe Weber is in this month's Inquest." And I was like "Who's that?" And they showed me. You were like the 12th ranked player in the world or something like that, and you were there that day. I decided not to play in that tourney.

And then a couple of years ago I tried to disenchant a standstill you played against me.

/end pointless rambling and reminiscing.
    SOURCE ASSHOLE
    Now Epic-ly Sexy
    My blog

Cardboard Messiah
    Jan 2006
    East Syracuse, NY

It has been that long since OTJ, hasn't it?
    Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by FakeSpam
    It has been that long since OTJ, hasn't it?
    Yeah

Dude, now I feel old.
    SOURCE ASSHOLE
    Now Epic-ly Sexy
    My blog

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Heh, I remember one time I was at amrod's and somebody was like "Joe Weber is in this month's Inquest
    I actually have that issue of Inquest in my room somewhere. It's the only price guide I've ever owned. I remember reading a little short about Joe in there, but I forget what was in there.

You meet the nicest people on a Honda
    Dec 2003
    Fredericksburg, Va

Hey all, I guess I ought to put a little something in here about myself just for the record.

My name is Alix and I'm currently 18. Just another guy who spends too much time playing with cards, really.

I live in Woodbridge, VA, just outside of D.C. This area has been blessed with a fairly strong 1.5 scene, mostly due to 2 shops that hold weekly tournies with $2 entry. The Saturday tournies at The Lucky Frog usually draw between 20 and 30 people, so I'm happy. The meta has been changing since I started playing seriously back when Onslaught came out, and I think it's becoming fairly developed, though there is a considerable dearth of power cards other than Mana Drains.

I say the area is blessed because I think it is quite clear that T1.5 is the best format in Magic. It has the largest cardpool, which allows for the greatest variety and overall power level (excluding T1), but lacks the broken cards that make T1 so unpredictable. Don't get me wrong; brokeness is fun, but it gets old and doesn't make for the healthiest environment. T2 and Limited aren't without their charms, either, but they really don't come close to 1.5 in my eyes. Extended used to be cool, like 1.5, but then they rotated (read: commercialized) it and it's not as great anymore. Vintage Restricted 4L! Or should it be called "Old School"? :D
    Quote Originally Posted by nitewolf9
    I can show up whenever I vomit off my hangover and get rid of the passed out females who's naked bodies will be sprawled out all over my condo. Oh wait, I'm engaged. FUCK.

Well in that case I can be there at like 2 then, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheBestEver View Post
    I built my car with my bare hands. It has 32 engines and 17 gas pedals so I can go extra-turbo fast. I sold it for a million dollars and then stole it from the guy using my super computer that can hack into any car in the world as long as I built it. Now I speed down the highway listening to Bruce Springsteen at max volume and flipping off other drivers.

What are regrets?

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Dude, it's Alix.

My name's Matt, 20, I live in the DC area, and I generally just draft and play 1.5.

Enchantress is 43va.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

100-1084324988

I'm David from Hamden, CT. I play 1.5 mostly, but I can't decide between stompy or FCG (probably FCG cause it's...FCG). Anyone know of team Z.A.K comma Zak? *my cousin is Zak*

Jul 2004
    Waterloo, NY

I'm Brian from Waterloo, NY. I'm 18 years old and I started playing around Invasion. I have played mostly Type 1 since then occasionally playing random other formats. I have a bad habbit of quitting magic every few months when I get good cards(like a fully powered T1 deck). I sell everything then start back up a few months later only to find out how much the cards I sold went up in value.

I recently purchased a collection with a Lotus and Emerald in it but T1 is almost dead where I play so the other former T1 players are getting into T1.5. I'm working on Gay/r and when I get Drains I'll build Urw Landstill.

Things you should know about me:
    I love music and I play guitar.
    I love trading.
    I collect Mountain Yetis.(I have 100ish I think)
    I go to tournaments a lot of the time just to trade even if I have a deck to play. (don't ask)
    I play Diablo II when I go on a break from magic (aka quit for 3 months) until I get godly, quit, and go back to magic.
    I'm going to RIT to study Computer Engineering in the fall.
    Team Muffin Men: Quitting Magic every 6 months since 2001

Yes, I\'m back from the dead playing magic again. Most of you won\'t remember me and/or recognize me.

Man Magic has changed so much. I remember once I went to the Media Play in Syracuse around the time Fallen Empires came out. The store had three boxes of cards on display: one Fallen, one Legends, one Antiquities. I wanted to buy a box or two, so being the most intelligent, knowledgable person in the world, I bought two boxes of Fallen Empires rather than the other two sets! :)

Which, by the way, the Antiquities packs were $1.69 if I remember correctly.

I'm still pissed about that. Ah well. I remember that warm feeling I got when I saw that Deep Spawn for the first time. Then I remember the even warmer feeling of tossing it out the window of my mom's car. :) Damn me.
    Put me in the MTG Hall of Fame...

[i:sig_uid]I\'m retired.[/i:sig_uid]

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

The Infamous Bear Assasin was born in a thunderstorm high in the Appalachian mountains, the child of a union between a bear and a pirate. He stands a catastrophic eight feet in height, with an eyepatch, three arms, and eyes of blazing flame. When he loses a game of Magic, which he never does, his opponents burst into flames, and when he doesn't like the judges at an event, he makes them explode, in his mercy. Some say that he may be slain by no man.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Apr 2004
    'Cuse

hi all! I live in Baldwinsville. I play all types of Magic, but I prefer type 2 and type 1.5. I am 13 and love to play weird/unusual decks such as stasis.

:D
    Last edited by JesterBoY; 10-09-2007 at 12:42 AM.
    suffer the little creatures, for they may yet rise up and beat you senseless.

team hobos: who can be this poor and still play magic?

Bryant Cook

Hey I'm Bryant
    Yes indeed I am the worst magtic player ever.
    My rating is so low I dont have 1 so there!
    I suicide black is the deck to beat!

It's a little late for introductions... but I'm Chris.

I've been watching the 1.5 scene for a while, and I have no clue as to what my rating is.

I'm Asian and have low ass SAT scores.

Uh, I think that's it.
    Team Honda: Owning more Hondas than any other team.

If ignorance were bliss, then 97% of the world would be having orgasms without any help.

\"hahahha you doomed forever biatch\" - chaoticmoose

Carl: Yeah, well, I noticed this long cord comin\' from my house, then I noticed YOUR house, glowin\' like the freakin\' SUN. So I put two and two together and decided - you\'re pissin\' me off.

Thread Information