Favorite novel: "Lord Jim" by Joseph Conrad
    Favorite video game: Star Control 2
    Favorite musician: Tom Waits
    Favorite movie: Conan the Barbarian
    The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.

Oct 2004
    texas

J.
    Last edited by longhorn4life91; 08-30-2014 at 01:54 AM.
    At JSS the only match I lost was to some person that topdecked 4 plow unders and 2 sowing salts.

In top 4 I play him again and win by topdecking mindslaver. He is all yelling about topdeckers and i didn\'t say anything but after he left i figured out what i should of said. \"BITCH 4 plow unders and 2 sowing salts.\"

Worst character ever
    Sep 2004
    Newton, MA

I'm Slay, aka Aaron. I play Aluren. And I'm damn good at it.
    -Slay
    OH SHIT THERES A HORSE IN THE HOSPITAL

Team Slay and Lego: Slay your a tool and your glasses are almost as GAY as your retarded snitch of a boyfriend Lego. Lego focus on your own game you are a fucking clown and should have heard the rediculous amount of people saying how much of a dick you were being and what kind of a fool you are. I laugh at you two. Seriously you both need attitude adjustments. I have never encountered a larger pair of pussy bitches in my whole life.

Oct 2004
    Houston, TX

Hi im Carney and i own your face.
    Sei Kuro Ryu(Grah): You\'ll beep like a fucker but not play my Duran Duran Greatest Hits CD? Fuck you, computer.
    InsrtSeansSnHere: lol
    Sei Kuro Ryu: =/
    Sei Kuro Ryu: now you\'ll sig that, everyone will know I like Duran Duran, and everyone will laugh at me.
    InsrtSeansSnHere: sounds like a plan

Oct 2004
    TEXAS, SO WHAT YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?

Name: Michael - could you tell?
    Started playing magic: Mercadian Masques
    Quit playing magic: Apocalypse
    Started Playing magic again: Scourge
    Favorite Music: Heavy rock, Classic Rock, Rock in general
    Favorite Movie/s: LotR 1-2-3 (they were all good.)
    Favorite Book: Enders Game or The Three Little Pigs
    Favorite card/s: Troll Asskicker(Ascetic), Sword of Fire and Ice
    Vintage rating: too bad to say (it is above 1600 though) and its only because Horizon games is a bad place to raise ratings.
    Favorite Word: FIRED !
    Cars: I own 2 (thats right, I'm 16&2/3), 1995 Mercury Tracer, 1980 VW Vanagon(restoration project)

NeoMike story: I don't know how I got this name, everybody just started calling me that, but my reasoning is... I am big like Dozer, smarter than Morpheous, Cooler than Neo and I can drive highway's better than Trinity. :D
    My Title is way cooler than yalls... Thanks peter_rotten.

\"Don\'t try to bend the spoon, thats impossible. Instead, try and relize the truth.\"
    \"What truth?\"
    \"That there is no spoon. Its not the spoon that bends, its only yourself.\"

Hey, I'm 15, and I've been playing M:TG since around Masques block (I pretty much missed Urza Block), but I started playing competitively during Odyssey. I mostly play T2 right now, because I can't afford Vintage formats (and I wasn't around for em), but I'm testing my Legacy decks by proxy or Apprentice until I have enough money for them. Anusien brought me here via a link (we're both judges on Magic-League).

I'm glad I finally found an M:TG board that's not filled with complete idiots and actually has guidelines to use proper grammar and spelling.
    Banned...?!

Aug 2004
    woosta mass

hi, my name is joe im new here. ive been playing magic for about three years and like evanescense so if there is any one here who doesn't can you point them out so i dont ofend them for liking evan escense. :)
    hello clarice.

I'm Nick sennott from a high school in Mass. I played casually for a long time but I really got into 1.5 about a year ago when I formed a play group. I have been playing from Masques to Planeshif then started again at Torment and continued up until today.

:unclesam:
    \"Computer games don\'t affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we\'d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.\" -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989\"

[quote:sig_uid]A casual stasis deck? You must not really like your friends. Do you play it before or after you pull the wings off of flies and microwave the neighbor\'s cat?[/quote:sig_uid]

[quote:sig_uid]Earthcraft also has poor synergy with the format, since it\'s banned.[/quote:sig_uid]-Zilla on TMD

i'm Marshall from upstate NY (that means that cows outnumber people in my neighborhood)

a friend introduced me to magic back in mirage, i started getting my own cards in rath block, didn't have anyone to play against so i quit and missed everything from urza's block until oddessy (pretend i spelled that right)

i still hate the new card face and try not to use it, (haven't bought any yet, though i have a sundering titan and eater of days from somewhere)

i'm in college studying to as an Electrical Tech major

Favorite Card: Force of Will
    Favorite Land: Tunda
    Favorite Creature: Temporal Adept (why does noone else like her?)
    [quote:sig_uid=\"AlexH\"]there were like 10 people for this~ I got to play against Stasis and lose[/quote:sig_uid]
    ^ that stasis deck was me :-)

Sep 2004
    New Jersey

I am Adam from Northern NJ.
    I have been playing since Tempest block, but only seriously since Apocalypse.
    I am currently a junior in high school.

I picked up ATS a year or two ago, really enjoyed it, and have played it ever since.

Nov 2004
    Clawson, Michigan

I'm Spencer, I'm from Clawson Michigan but I reside in Houghton Michigan for college (yes thats a 10 hour drive to get to school :/) Becuase of my location I only get to play magic competitivley half as much (leaves ALOT of time for testing and deck designing).
    I've been playing magic since I was 7, thats 11 years of magic!!
    Team Technology - Think it's good? Prove it.

Nov 2004
    Texas

Hello, I'm Hardie from Beeville, Texas. I'm a phlebotimist at the hospital and usually drive an hour away to play magic in corpus christi at the Gamer's Den. I started in torment, quit for awhile and really picked up during scourge. You'll usually catch me playing Type 1, but I play "1.5" and draft also.

Favorite deck: Type 1-The long forgotten FCG, Type 1.5-UW Landstill
    Life is like magic...you need a Force of Will to make it to the end...

Nov 2003
    Tx

I'm Ty, I live in Texas City, Texas, it is about 30 minutes from Housotn. I play at Horizon games along with the other rambling idiots who post here(3 pages of 3 people talking is tech). I started to play back in Prophecy, I think. I start playing competively since Onslaught. I am a senior in highschool and a freshman in college at the same time.

For the love of god, I must know who put that remarks above longhornforlife,they are my hero!!
    \"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.\"-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Bob2-D2
    A few people have started considering me the best player in my town although out of 15 or so people that's not too difficult i guess.
    Except everyone knows that I am by far the best player in town, so that makes you 2nd best :p

My name Mike Mayette and I live in Massena, New York. Which is in the middle of nowhere. I am 20 and flunked out of college, so now I am back to living in my parents house. I've been playing since 1998 when I decided to grow up, so I sold all my Pokemon cards and was talked into becoming a cardboard junkie once more.

Favorite movie - Joe Dirt
    Favorite band - Brand New
    Favorite card - Pestilence
    Favorite magic color - Blue
    Favorite food - Shepard's Pie
    Favorite game - Chrono Cross
    I think RickRolling is still teh funny.

The King of Lockjobs
    Oct 2003
    Middle of Nowhere, NY

Christ Almighty! Must the Texans PM in every thread? I'm going through and cleaning this up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Germany seems to find me influential. Have you ever Googled "Nourishing Lich"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    No, Peter_Rotten, you are the problems.

Oct 2004
    UK

Hi, I'm Rob and I'm a Brit. I'm a Physics student living in Durham in term time and near Oxford out of it. I've been playing since Odyssey block, but I've managed to get my hands on most of the essentials thanks to the lovely weak Dollar :-P. I'm currently playing Super Gro and U/W/r Landstill, but I haven't played either in a real-life tournament - I really need to find some kind of Legacy scene near either of my locations. I play 'normal' magic quite a lot too, mostly weekly drafts and limited PTQs.

Favorite Decks: Vial Affinity, Super Gro
    Favorite Art: Copper-Leaf Angel, Vengeful Dreams
    Nazdakka

Nov 2004
    New Kensington, PA

[color=#000000:post_uid7]Greetings and Salutations!

Allow me to introduce myself: I am Killer Joe (my name derives from a classic Benny Golson Standard Jazz composition). I love Jazz music.

I am a family man with a wife and two primary school aged children. I reside in the Southwestern part of Pennsylvania; home of the 12-1 Steelers!

I am mostly a casual player but I walk in the grey twilight area of competetive and casual magic play. In other words, I am a Struggling Tournament Player (really struggling).

I am currently the new chairsperson for "The Multiplayer Magic League", a league sponsored by GASP (Gaming Association of Southwestern Pennsylvania). We will be holding our first game on January 11th. It's basically a year-long, multi-player, point-based, non-sanctioned Magic: The Gathering tournament (formerly called, "The Rogue League"). You can read more about it at: www.GASPgamer.com

I have been a member of the website Casual Players Alliance since January 2000 (www.casualplayers.org). It's a website for casual Magic players but ALL kinds of nutty's are there.

For the past four years I have been touting that someday the sky would fall,...um, er,.....no, I mean that Wiz Co. would someday call on the rising of the format 1.5. I actually voted for the title "Legacy" at their website.

My first deck even worth mentioning was "Seņor Stompy" an all green deck played some Slovak guy way back in 1997 at Worlds or whatever it was called back then. I just so happened to like mono-green (such a newb, I was), I had almost all of the cards for it so I played it at local tournaments and that's where I caught the tourney bug.

My next deck I worked hard on was a 5CG played (again, I'm bad at remembering names) by the winner of the Mountain Regionals back in 1998. It had Birds of Paradise, Tradewind Rider, Wall of Blossoms, Derelor, Incinerate and Armageddon, to name a few staple cards. I actually beat a local "I'm the BEST" guy with his Paul Sligh deck.

As long as I can remember I have had four copies of Tradewind Rider in my collection. When I saw Survival of the Fittest become popular, in the Nightmare deck, I got four of those. I liked Blue/Green decks so much that I flat-out paid $50 for four copies of Tropical Islands.

Back in 2K I was one of those net.dec jerks who abused Tradewind/Survival (TS) at my local store. No one wanted to play against me casually and just hated to be matched up with me at an Extended tournament. When SotF got ~Banned~ in extended, I was so sad. But I NEVER gave up hope that someday Wiz Co would come to their senses and make a format in which the combo would come alive, again!

A few months ago I noticed that someone, somewhere on the net made a tourney report in which they were playing TS but with Anger in the mix. So I searched the web and found a decklist, I think it was here (hmmm, not sure though). But anyway, I looked it up again about a month ago and my search lead me to here.

I don't post very often and I'm not even sure I can add anything to the conversations so I leep a low profile until I feel I'm qualified to state something.

I have the current decklist for ATS and have read the forum for it at least once, the whole way through!

I really like to draft and play sealed, but multiplayer "constructed" games are the most fun for me.

~Killer Joe

[b:post_uid7]Profile:[/b:post_uid7]
    Favorite Movie: LotR Trilogy
    Favorite Actor: Harrison Ford
    Favorite Actress: Audrey Hepburn (Breakfast at Tiffany's)
    Favorite Music: Jazz
    Favorite Singer: Sinatra & Bono
    Favorite Rock Band: U2
    Favorite 80's Band: Duran[i:post_uid7]Duran[/i:post_uid7]
    Favorite Set: Tempest
    Favorite Format: Limited/Multiplayer
    Favorite Deck: ATS
    Favorite Color: Green & Blue (combined)
    Favorite Piece of Art: "Nighthawks" by Edward Hopper
    Favorite Wine: Rose
    Favorite Beverage: Iced Tea
    Favorite Snack: YES :D[/color:post_uid7]

Sep 2004
    Jamestown, IN

Hello, I'm IndyTerminator. The name comes from a years ago when I used to do eWrestling . . don't ask. It's just a part of my childhood past. I go to Indiana Institute of Technology . . Indiana Tech for short . . and I am majoring in Computer Engineering. I live in Jamestown, IN when I'm at home. I have been playing for 4 years now and have just over the past year. I have mostly played Standard, but have been interested in Legacy for a long time . . before the B&R changes.

Favorite Movie: Evil Dead II
    Favorite Music: Country
    Favorite Singer: Garth Brooks
    Favorite Set: Ice Age
    Favorite Deck: U/R Obliterate, Solidarity
    Favorite Color: Green

I guess it's safe to say I should finally break the silence.

Name: I'd prefer that to be unknown. Punisher is fine!
    Favorite Movie: The Punisher
    Favorite Bands: Staind, Aerosmith, Dokken, Fastway, Sabbath
    Favorite Color: Black
    Favorite Magic Card: Argivian Archaeologist, Mishra's Workshop
    Favorite Deck(s): B/G Control
    Favorite Set: Antiquities, Legends
    Started Playing Magic: 1993
    cry little sister...

Wish I could help you out there Colin...

But I am not Punisher (thank God).

Then why do you have the same IP address??

Edited By Jander78 on 1103722619
    Put me in the MTG Hall of Fame...

[i:sig_uid]I\'m retired.[/i:sig_uid]

Thread Information