Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Banned List

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Re: Modern Banned List

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    So, you're claiming Skullclamp is a safe unban?
    Don't even try to use logic or common sense. ;)

@Turn 4
    Wizards doesn't want "top-tier" decks to consistently go off turn 3 or earlier (first paragraph, http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazin...y/feature/161b ). At least that's what they said after Pro Tour Philadelphia, back then...soooo how does Twin even come close to that?

It's still possible though. And they totally ignore it.
    Thing is, a burn/affinity deck can consistently fling 20 damage at your face by turn 4 while combo is so fragile and often skillintensive that it's way less consistent. Sometimes it feels like they are trying to dumb down the game.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9195 met Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    Man IDK, I don't write this bullshit. We all know WotC has some primo grass in its R&D Lair.

Let me start off by saying that I think that Affinity and Burn decks are just fine to run and are not anywhere near needing a ban.

I think that:
    1) The T4 rule is a bad rule that limits the types of cards that can be printed
    2) There are several cards that could safely come off the ban list that would allow for a larger variety of decks in the format without making broken decks out there. I think Preordain should be safe to come off. I don't know why it was banned in the first place.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

Yes, I agree burn and affinity are fine, I just don't support a turn 4 policy when there are so many interactive cards printed that are usuable on turns 1-3.

Man IDK, I don't write this bullshit. We all know WotC has some primo grass in its R&D Lair.

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Quote Originally Posted by JPoJohnson View Post
    I think Preordain should be safe to come off. I don't know why it was banned in the first place.
    Reason is in the same link I just posted.

Again, everything which kills Turn 4 is fine, according to Wizard.

So, you're claiming Skullclamp is a safe unban?
    Sure. :troll:

Quote Originally Posted by H3llsp4wn View Post
    Reason is in the same link I just posted.

Again, everything which kills Turn 4 is fine, according to Wizard.
    Yes and since then Seething Song was banned. I think its fine for it to come off now. The meta and format have evolved as well as new cards have been released such as Counterflux.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

Yes and since then Seething Song was banned. I think its fine for it to come off now. The meta and format have evolved as well as new cards have been released such as Counterflux.
    Counterflux was in the format at the time of the Seething Song ban.

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

What? Counterflux is reason enough to make Twin even stronger? Huh?

Sep 2011

If this is a turn 4 format, why don't they Griselbanned already?

Counterflux was in the format at the time of the Seething Song ban.
    Correct, however it wasn't in the format with Preordain
    - Albert Einstein

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Read. I've already posted about this.

Correct, however it wasn't in the format with Preordain
    I still don't get your argument for unbanning Preordain. Unban Preordain because of Counterflux? What has this mediocre card to do with Preordain? Especially since it's in the color Twin already plays.

Or infect for that matter

Because the turn 4 rule applies only to the top tier decks. Griselcannon or whatever you call it is certainly not that. The best it's ever done in a Grand Prix was a single Top 16 finish.

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Some of you clearly lack reading comprehension...

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I think allowing more powerful cards into the format could actually HELP control and tempo deck's be more viable. I love spell pierce, but it gets much worse in a format where you aren't planning to win before turn four. If combo deck's push the turn four fundamental turn then faster answers are needed. As of right now the best anti-combo card is Thoughtseize. It would be nice to unlock other fast answers.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Win or lose, it begins with...
    Mar 2007
    Milwaukee, WI

Uwr Control and Tron are good decks and both control. Tempo Twin took down GP Antwerp. The meta is fine with all archetypes/styles repped nicely.
    Discussing the impact of True-Name Nemesis on Legacy:

Quote Originally Posted by 2Rach View Post
    And format warping itself isn't necessarily a bad thing for that matter.

Read. I've already posted about this.

I still don't get your argument for unbanning Preordain. Unban Preordain because of Counterflux? What has this mediocre card to do with Preordain? Especially since it's in the color Twin already plays.
    My logic is there is a card that can handle the combo aspect of the decks that would run Preordain. That's all I'm getting at. Not that those two cards specifically interact.
    - Albert Einstein

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

There are certain cards which are good against Twin, but Counterflux is not one which would be an argument for giving an already Tier 1 deck the best cantrip in the format (Ponder would still be banned). Twin has redundancy in every aspect and if you give them toys to dig for those pieces faster than you can find answers, you are doing it wrong.

Jul 2013
    Detroit, MI

There are certain cards which are good against Twin, but Counterflux is not one which would be an argument for giving an already Tier 1 deck the best cantrip in the format (Ponder would still be banned). Twin has redundancy in every aspect and if you give them toys to dig for those pieces faster than you can find answers, you are doing it wrong.
    Exactly.

Thread Information