Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Article] Too Much Information -- Seattle, Pittsburgh, Richmond, Boston Legacy Opens

Treshplayer
    Dec 2003
    VA

Re: [Article] Too Much Information -- Seattle, Pittsburgh, Richmond, Boston Legacy Op

Only when we can get the field breakdown for the next event.

EV(x) = matchup%(x vs. deck1) * field%(deck1)
    + matchup%(x vs. deck2) * field%(deck2)
    + matchup%(x vs. deck3) * field%(deck3)
    + ...
    + matchup%(x vs. deckN) * field%(deckN)

So for every deck in the field, we need to know how likely you are to get paired against it and how likely you are to win if you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. nitewolf "Professor" 9, Ph.D. View Post
    I personally like spell snare against 2 cc spells, but it really isn't good against spells that aren't 2 cc. With engineered explosives, it is a good card to have against non-land permanents with converted mana cost equal to what you set the explosives to, but it doesn't hit those that have differing cc. Plus, engineered explosives has sunburst.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Re: [Article] Too Much Information -- Seattle, Pittsburgh, Richmond, Boston Legacy Op

Asking for the EV for the next event makes me giggle. It's like asking for predicting the future :-). You can however try to calculate it based on your metagame prediction. That won't be very accurate though...
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Nov 2006
    Brasil

That's why I asked in the previous post if the EV you were comparing to was from the previous event. As it's name is Expected Value, I'd figure you were using the EV calculated from the previous event to check if in the next event, the value was similar to the % of wins against the field. I reckon I didn't knew if it was from the current or previous event.
    If you fail to explain the reason behind your choice, technically, it's the wrong choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    It's one of the ten strongest cards in Legacy. And in truth, in any deck you design, you really need to have a good reason -not- to run Wasteland.
    Zerk Thread -- Really, fun deck! ^^

Thread Information