Thread: [DECK] Ad Nauseam

Team Lucksack- we're the god damns at limited
    May 2008
    Columbus, OH

[DECK] Ad Nauseam

since the banning of seething song, many have said that there hasn't really been a "combo" deck in the format. well guess what, they're wrong. there have been a deck floating on the fringes and a few lists floating around about this deck, but no real consensus. i have been testing this deck and it is a blast to play and its consistent. here you go:

// Lands
    2 [RAV] Watery Grave
    2 [CHK] Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    3 [ZEN] Marsh Flats
    1 [PLC] Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    1 [GP] Godless Shrine
    3 [RTR] Hallowed Fountain
    1 [CS] Snow-Covered Island
    1 [CMD] Dreadship Reef
    2 [10E] Adarkar Wastes
    1 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
    3 [SOM] Darkslick Shores
    1 [CS] Snow-Covered Swamp
    1 [CS] Snow-Covered Plains

// Creatures
    4 [PLC] Simian Spirit Guide

// Spells
    2 [RAV] Telling Time
    1 [FD] Conjurer's Bauble
    3 [7E] Sleight of Hand
    2 [FUT] Pact of Negation
    3 [NPH] Phyrexian Unlife
    2 [TSP] Mystical Teachings
    4 [ALA] Ad Nauseam
    4 [FD] Pentad Prism
    4 [TSP] Lotus Bloom
    4 [ARE] Serum Visions
    4 [TSP] Angel's Grace
    1 [CS] Lightning Storm

// Sideboard
    SB: 1 [FUT] Pact of Negation
    SB: 4 [RAV] Dark Confidant
    SB: 2 [FUT] Slaughter Pact
    SB: 2 [DDF] Echoing Truth
    SB: 2 [ROE] Inquisition of Kozilek
    SB: 4 [M11] Leyline of Sanctity

the ability to go off at instant speed is a huge deal right now. i have gone off through cliques and counterspells many times. you can actually turn 3/4 with surprising consistency. it looks like quite the pile, i know, but try it out. i assure you that its a lot of fun.
    Team Lucksack, professional badasses

Originally Posted by rockout
    So it's a single red for the lightning bolt effect and 6 colorlress to make it draw a single card. WTF mate that is god awful.

That card dodges the shit out of counterbalance.

Re: [DECK] Ad Nauseam

It surely looks interesting, I'm thinking to sleeve that and give to try at my local weekly tourney, and while the maindeck seems quite forward so I will love if you could elaborate on boarding plans and some and match-up specific tidbits.

Quote Originally Posted by arcboundravager2 View Post
    since the banning of seething song, many have said that there hasn't really been a "combo" deck in the format.
    Who in the world said that? Splinter Twin is a Tier 1 deck. Scapeshift also puts up good results.

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    Who in the world said that? Splinter Twin is a Tier 1 deck. Scapeshift also puts up good results.
    Exactly, not to mention Pod.

The deck looks like fun, but if I am not missing something, it just folds to lifegain, as you cannot deal more than 25 damage (which is the pretty unlikely best case scenario). Sure, Martyr.decs aren't hugely successful, but they show up in quite some numbers at FNMs and smaller tournaments. An alternative win-condition (if there is one) or a dedicated SB card (Leyline of Punishment) for specific metas should do the trick.

Team Lucksack- we're the god damns at limited
    May 2008
    Columbus, OH

Quote Originally Posted by H3llsp4wn View Post
    Exactly, not to mention Pod.

The deck looks like fun, but if I am not missing something, it just folds to lifegain, as you cannot deal more than 25 damage (which is the pretty unlikely best case scenario). Sure, Martyr.decs aren't hugely successful, but they show up in quite some numbers at FNMs and smaller tournaments. An alternative win-condition (if there is one) or a dedicated SB card (Leyline of Punishment) for specific metas should do the trick.
    sorry, lifegain isnt really played in my meta. if youre worried, you can play conflagrate as the wincon. its not instant speed, but it gets the job done
    Team Lucksack, professional badasses

Originally Posted by rockout
    So it's a single red for the lightning bolt effect and 6 colorlress to make it draw a single card. WTF mate that is god awful.

That card dodges the shit out of counterbalance.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Conflagrate has the huge bonus of winning through Spellskite. I don't think making this deck an instant-win is any better than the more consistent sorcery win.

I had this deck for a while on MTGO but that was back before the bannings and meta-shift. Probably in a better position now.

Thread Information