Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Re: [Deck] Goblins

18 only bumps you up to 76.4% chance of getting 2 Mountains in the opening 8 cards. If interested, 20 brings you up to 82.4%.

Fetches may help DRS, but you could use something like Mutavault to make a land drop not terrible.

I dunno, I just wouldn't take a deck to a tournament that loses to itself more than 1 in 5 games.

Has anyone tried Frogtosser Banneret? Seems like it could be the speed-up this deck needs. Also, I'm seeing lists without Aether Vial and that seems wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    The fairly obvious flaw in your reasoning is that Dark Ritual and Wild Cantor do produce mana. Pretending they don't won't change the function of the cards.

I'd hate to double-post, but the same player did decently on a daily with a similar list:

20 Mountain
    1 Teetering Peaks
    3 Ash Zealot
    4 Goblin Bushwhacker
    4 Goblin Chieftain
    4 Goblin Cohort
    4 Goblin Guide
    4 Goblin Wardriver
    4 Magus of the Moon
    4 Tattermunge Maniac
    4 Goblin Grenade
    4 Lightning Bolt

1 Ash Zealot
    4 Dragon's Claw
    3 Electrickery
    3 Ratchet Bomb
    4 Torpor Orb

When I get access to the cards, here's what I'm testing with:

4 Goblin Guide
    4 Goblin Bushwhacker
    4 Legion Loyalist
    4 Goblin Cohort
    4 Goblin Wardriver
    4 Mogg War Marshal
    4 Goblin Chieftain
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Foundry Street Denizen

4 Goblin Grenade

20 Mountain

I know I might be going a bit too deep on the theme, but I think it makes sense with the new additions that Gatecrash gave us. Legion Loyalist pretty much takes the place that Zealot had, which mostly was there to deal with Lingering Souls. Foundry Street Denizen becomes an outright better creature than Tattermunge Maniac in most builds. I still think Simian Spirit Guide is a good "engine" for this deck due to the large number of hasty creatures.

It should also be mentioned that our sideboards could clear up a bit due to the bannings. Not guaranteed, but it's a thought.
    My MTG Blog
    "The game is not worth the candle."

Thread Information