Thread: [Deck] Relentless Rats

[Deck] Relentless Rats

Hi all,

Just a deck that I was using that was very uncompetitive in legacy, but stands a much better chance in modern.

Tips / card suggestions and ideas are more than welcome!!

The deck aims to abuse relentless rats just because it's awesome.

The cards that do that are:

Thrumming Stone; you cast one rats, and each subsequent one that is flipped will cause the ripple 4 to reactivate. With 15-20 rats in the deck you can often get all of them into play in a single turn.
    Bloodbond March; any dead rats come back with a vengeance.

Because of this, the deck I run is G/B. (N.B. for Legacy I was more focussed on comboing out with stone, so used blue tutors and mana producers to get it out speedy. Without disruption, it could combo out on the 2nd turn, but was not likely).

So, the rough decklist that I have been playing is:

Creatures:

16x Relentless Rats

Non-Creatures:

3x Bloodbond March
    3x Thrumming Stone
    4x Thoughtseize
    4x Doom Blade
    4x Echoing Courage
    4x Maelstrom Pulse
    2x Twinning Glass

Lands

4x Overgrown Tomb
    4x Verdant Catacombs
    12x Swamp

Comments?

Hopefully things are fairly clear as to what they do; low mana requirements, so few fetches and duals. Once Twinning Glass is in play, 2 rats can be played for 4 mana. Worth noting that if the first rat is countered, you can still use Twinning.

Seize, Pulse and Doom Blade are for early control aspects.

I look forward to any replies.

Re: More and more rats!

Twinning Glass just seems too expensive for this deck. I also think you need some acceleration to get the Thrumming Stone out ASAP. Splashing red for a card that gives all your creatures haste (there are a few options) may be better than having green in the deck at all. Red also lets you Seething Song or Desperate Ritual into Thrumming Stone to get it out quicker.

Apr 2008
    Lincoln Ill

Ahhhh this reminds me of the good old days of goofing off on mws. Thrumming stone in play. Play a rat. Ripple 23 of them. Opponent reveals his hand of cryptic, wrath, wrath. And declairs gg!!!! I tap two more and announce grapeshot... which rippled into a graeshot... "player lost"

Oct 2009
    altered states of america

Yeah, twinning glass seems redundant when you need thrumming stone out to really be competitive. I'd run 4.
    I will make use of every tool that fate presents.

Thread Information