Thread: Legacy SE Michigan/NW Ohio

Legacy SE Michigan/NW Ohio

Hey guys.
    I normally play legacy in Ann Arbor on Wednesdays, but for next semester I got screwed into a Wednesday evening class, so I was wondering if there are any other places for Legacy in the South Eastern Michigan/North Western Ohio area (live in Monroe MI, student at University of Toledo)
    Thanks,
    cmorndorf

Dodge this.
    Jan 2005
    Westland, Michigan

Re: Legacy SE Michigan/NW Ohio

If you're looking for regularly scheduled sanctioned events then I'm afraid Get Your Game On in Ann Arbor is the only one I know of at the moment. Pandemonium in Garden City has WPN on Tuesday nights where most folks draft but a significant number of others play EDH, Legacy, Modern, and Vintage sometimes too.

Anyone else know of somewhere else to pick up some Legacy around here?
    When other people do not assert themselves, they may still have something to be proud of, something that they believe is unrivalled, but it is just that they have not got the same vulgarity of throwing their weight about and imposing themselves and their beliefs on other people. - Dunduzu Kalui Chisiza

If you think a topic is dumb, don't add to it. Pretty simple. - Bardo

Meat Slicer at Deli

Mar 2004
    Ypsi, MI

The other version of you tries to run Legacy on Saturdays at Stadium Cards and Comics on Saturdays at 1. Problem there is lack of attendance because he cancels Legacy for everything and it's mom (game day, prereleases, releases, etc.)
    Whenever I see a kid in a wheelchair it makes me a little sad. Because I always think, "Gee, they could have used those same wheels to make a bike for a regular kid. What a waste."

Dodge this.
    Jan 2005
    Westland, Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by anonymos View Post
    The other version of you tries to run Legacy on Saturdays at Stadium Cards and Comics on Saturdays at 1. Problem there is lack of attendance because he cancels Legacy for everything and it's mom (game day, prereleases, releases, etc.)
    Uhhh? What is "The other version of you...?"
    When other people do not assert themselves, they may still have something to be proud of, something that they believe is unrivalled, but it is just that they have not got the same vulgarity of throwing their weight about and imposing themselves and their beliefs on other people. - Dunduzu Kalui Chisiza

Quote Originally Posted by umbowta View Post
    Uhhh? What is "The other version of you...?"
    lol Well in our old playgroup I was Young Chad, and Old Chad runs Stadium Cards and Comics.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

So I guess I'm "really far up north Chad" then. I play Legacy up in Traverse City, MI. Welcome to take the drive if you like for a sat. : ) We usually have a pretty decent turnout, but of course, it's a haul from where you are. Too bad too, it's one of the best metas I have ever seen.

Meat Slicer at Deli

Mar 2004
    Ypsi, MI

We had 10 or so yesterday. Should've come Chad...
    Whenever I see a kid in a wheelchair it makes me a little sad. Because I always think, "Gee, they could have used those same wheels to make a bike for a regular kid. What a waste."

We had 10 or so yesterday. Should've come Chad...
    What time does it start? I'll try and come up next week and hopefully I'll have something fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by dahcmai View Post
    So I guess I'm "really far up north Chad" then. I play Legacy up in Traverse City, MI. Welcome to take the drive if you like for a sat. : ) We usually have a pretty decent turnout, but of course, it's a haul from where you are. Too bad too, it's one of the best metas I have ever seen.
    If only Traverse City wasn't four hours away =(

Meat Slicer at Deli

Mar 2004
    Ypsi, MI

Starts around 1.

Also thursdays are Legacy @ BC Comix in fenton.

Quote Originally Posted by jjflipped View Post
    Also thursdays are Legacy @ BC Comix in fenton.
    How's the turn out for that normally?

Nov 2010
    Japan

I don't have work on Thursday. Tell me that at least eight people play in the Legacy event in Fenton and I am THERE.

Meat Slicer at Deli

Mar 2004
    Ypsi, MI

I know there's usually 4 or so guys from Ann Arbor that make the Fenton trip every week, but they live up near Brighton already.

Team Lucksack
    Dec 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA

Wait!? Theres legacy in Ann Arbor weekly? Where/when is this? Its only forty five minutes from Bowling Green and I'd make that drive for some legacy.
    The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter. - Winston Churchill

Last thursday BC in fenton had 10 people. it usually hits 8 as far as I know.

GYGO in Ann Arbor usually has 20+ people on wednesdays.

Dodge this.
    Jan 2005
    Westland, Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by redhamjack View Post
    Wait!? Theres legacy in Ann Arbor weekly? Where/when is this? Its only forty five minutes from Bowling Green and I'd make that drive for some legacy.
    It's at 310 S. State Street in Ann Arbor Michigan 48104. Just a stones throw away from the University of Michigan. I've only made it out there a couple of times but it's a pretty nice store that has vintage video games too. Good turnout each time I've been there, with a well represented meta.

Their website info states the event starts every wednesday at 6pm with $5 entry fee.

Thread Information