Thread: [budget] Naya-Colored Stax Thing

[budget] Naya-Colored Stax Thing

Get Root Maze on turn one. It combos with Howling Mine and slows down your opponent's fetch-lands. It also removes some drawback from your Hickory Woodlot, Gruul Turf and Selesnya Sanctuary.

Those lands are useful when Winter Orb hits the table because you can get two mana from them. Relic Barrier is also there to turn off the Orb or the Mine at your discretion. Same with Trinisphere.

You can also use Shrapnel Blast to get rid of a lock piece before your own turn. If you don't have an artifact to get rid of, just use it on a tapped Tree of Tales. You will have a lot of tapped land.

Sacrifice Crystal Vein to get Lodestone Golem out fast. Same with Shah of Naar Isle - it combos with Iron Maiden and Storm Seeker. You can get a lot of damage by playing the latter at the end of your opponent's draw phase.

I used Path to Exile over Swords to Plowshares because it doesn't matter as much with Winter Orb out. This is light on damage so I don't want an opponent to gain life.

This deck can be done for under $100 and I think it is fun to play. It can beat T8 decks maybe 2 times out of 5 right now. It has 60 cards and runs 24 artifacts total.

All I want is for Black Vise to come unbanned.

Artifacts
    4x Sphere of Resistance
    3x Winter Orb
    3x Lotus Petal
    2x Howling Mine
    1x Zuran Orb
    1x Trinisphere
    1x Relic Barrier
    1x Iron Maiden

Creatures
    4x Lodestone Golem
    4x Birds of Paradise
    2x Shah of Naar Isle
    1x Radha, Heir to Keld

Enchantments
    4x Root Maze

Land
    4x Crystal Vein
    4x Tree of Tales
    2x Karplusan Forest
    2x Copperline Gorge
    2x Razorverge Thicket
    1x Hollow Trees
    1x Hickory Woodlot
    1x Ancient Tomb
    1x Brushland
    1x Gruul Turf
    1x Selesnya Sanctuary

Spells
    4x Shrapnel Blast
    4x Path to Exile
    1x Storm Seeker

Draw a couple sample hands on MTGVault: http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=246716
    Last edited by stripezero; 10-26-2011 at 01:29 PM.

Thread Information