Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with a Doomsday Piles

Aug 2010
    Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Need help with a Doomsday Piles

Thinking of using this as the shell for the deck. The idea is to use a similar form of protection that reanimator uses while also making it fast-ish.

4 Brainstorm
    4 Preodian
    2 Preodains
    4 Force of Wills
    3 Daze

4 Sensei's Divining Top

2 Thoughtsiezes

1 Chain of vapor
    1 Laboratory Maniac
    1 Ideas Unbound

4 Infernal Tutors
    4 Doomsday

4 Dark Ritual
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond

18 Lands (11 Fetchs, 4 duals, 3 basics)

SB:
    4 voids
    1 Wipe away
    1 Grapeshot
    1 Helm of Awakening
    3 Spell pierces or Flutterstorms
    2-3 Duress
    XX not sure
    nice thing is it dodges spell snare (that is almost a 4 of in every blue deck)
    Not needing to use my life as a combo resources means i can take longer to combo
    Wit no gush it is harder to combo in the same turn as DD
    May want a 2nd IU or meditate
    May want chant effects, not sure
    Unlike the show and tell version wasteland doesn't effect me
    Should be able to not lose to removal through protection and playing smart
    Standard Pile is:
    Idea's Unbound
    LED
    Probe
    SDT
    Maniac

λόγος + τέλος
    Feb 2011
    New York

Spell snare hits ideas unbound. And infernal Tutor.
    Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    If you have 3 mana and 2 draws and can't win through bullshit permanents, you are mentally deficient and probably want to examine a game with less thought. I recommend Lawn Darts.

Aug 2010
    Ottawa, Ontario

Turns were you are casting IU you have most likely got ride of there snare. Though may be a good reason to include a meditate as well.

also it does hit infernal but just have to play around that. Could use grim tutors in its place possibly.

Don't Tell Stacy
    Jul 2010
    Sioux City, IA

If you're playing IU, playing Silence/Chant is a necessity or you'll just lose to Spell Snare.

I've tried the LabMan lists with Force of Will, and you're better off using Tendrils as a win condition or playing Vintage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    My love for Valakut knows no bounds. It mise well read:
    Land - Super Duper Mountain
    When you play a land, LIGHTNING BOLT!
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicLevelCommoner View Post
    Strange as it may seem, this deck seems like the best place for Ruhan of the Fomori. A 7/7 with the right equipment will end games nightmarishly quick, and it comes with the perk of being blue to pitch to Force of Will if you draw into extra copies. And it wouldn't be too hard to protect him in counter-heavy build.
    Follow me on Twitter @RaNDoMxGeSTuReS

Aug 2010
    Ottawa, Ontario

Played the list with -1 Infernal Tutor, -1 fetch +1 meditate + 1 volcanic island and went 2-1.

Round 1 i faced U/B/w Snapecaster/stoneforge control:
    Game 1: we have a small counter war, i win and combo off.
    Game 2: -3 Daze - 1 Chain of Vapor + 2 Duress + 2 Flutterstorm,
    Turn 1 he thoughtsiezes my ponder and leaves me with 2 lands, a doomsday and some counters. i top deck a top and it resolves, after a few turns of topping and digging i cast a doomsday have a small counter war (let him win), next turn cast a 2nd doomsday and win.
    Round 2: BUG
    G1: he discards me into oblivion.
    G2: -1 Chain - 2 thoughtsiezes - 1 Manic -2 Probes + 1 helm +1 Grape shot +2 Duress +2 Flutterstorms
    Combo off with inf storm count on turn 3. Spend a bit thinking if i should side back into manic combo, i decided not to after i see my opponent not SB.
    G3: We trade 1 for 1 for awhile, on turn 4 or 5 i resolve a top letting me dig as my opponent flips over spells with his bob. He gets down to about 6-7 life while i am at 3, i end up storming him with my grape shot without doomsday.
    Round 3: RDW/u (snapecasters and brainstorms)
    G1: I lose almost instantly.
    -4 Fow -1 manic -1 Probe + 2 Duress +2 Flutterstorms +1 Grape Shot +1 helm, really wish i had a tendrils in my SB.
    G2: I doomsday and he bolts me to 1 life, then tries to Fireblast, i Daze and combo off.
    G3: I watch as my life total goes down in 3's and he destroys my Top's.

Still not sure if manic is better in the Sb and have a more traditional Doomsday tendrils list like RaNDoMxGeSTuReS suggested, or i splash the white for chants and cut the grapeshot kill for tendrils instead. Though the deck did perform well and resolving doomsday almost always meant I won, as well as the BUG guy originally thought i was going to doomsday for emrakul as he had 2 wastelands open. And i don't think i could ever have a positive match up against RDW. Also i am really loving flutterstom every time i played it.

Thread Information