Thread: [Deck] UB Polymorph

[Deck] UB Polymorph

Hi guys, i want to port on Modern a rogue deck from the past standard block: UB Polymorph.

Bans have taken bitterblossom, the best token production spell / 2° win con, the deck had...Moreover the 2 best cantrips of the format are gone, but this deck can face off this problem multipluing copies of 2 card combo with similar card.

At now the deck can have a t4 protected emrakul, sometimes with haste. = HUGE PROBLEM for the opponent

LIST

// Lands
    4 [SOM] Darkslick Shores
    4 [ZEN] Swamp (4a)
    4 [ZEN] Island (3a)

4 [MBS] Inkmoth Nexus
    4 [MOR] Mutavault

// Accelleration
    4 [FD] Pentad Prism

// Creatures
    2 [ROE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

// Cantrips
    4 [NPH] Gitaxian Probe
    4 [FD] Serum Visions
    4 [10E] Telling Time
    4 [ROE] See Beyond

// Protection
    4 [ZEN] Spell Pierce
    1 [GP] Repeal
    4 [LRW] Thoughtseize

3 [CMD] Lightning Greaves

// Business
    2 [MR] Proteus Staff
    4 [M10] Polymorph

COMMENT

Among Standard list with a W splash for Raise the Alarm i prefer using manlands (adding mana over of polymorph for the combo) to avoid sorcery-speed removals till the combo is up.

The increment of the manacost to "go off" has necessitated something to boost mana. Unfortunately Dark ritual isn't reprinted yet, so a 2 counters Petad Prism can boost enough to have a t3 unprotected Polymorph or a t4 protected one.

Protection side of the deck it's an hybrid to avoid counterspells on Polymorph, mass removals, with a mono repeal to deal with a strategic engeneered explosives @0 ready to crush our manlands... at now Denial with Ghost quarter is still unprotected.

G. Probe act as an half protection, looking at op hand can speed up combo by 1 turn.

The choice of 3 Lighting Greaves it's called by the danger of permanent-based destroy/exile/tap effects and mass removlas.
    Infact the best quality of greaves for emrakul is HASTE, that doesn't leave 1 turn to the opponent to deal with him; however vesus Splinter twin cards Pestermite / Deceiver Exarch the only answer we have is 'Size

Thx for reading, i'm waiting for your replies :D

Re: [Deck] UB Polymorph

After a while, i decided to rebuild this deck with a controlish approach.
    I found that having 6 "copy" of each combo piece is enough to have the combo ready on turn 4-5, but the deck needs to reach turn 5 and seal the game.

The most common approach for Polimorph decks is the "token" one.. so an aggro with a minor ephasis of combo for istawin.

I prefer keep the waters calm and set up my game to the final play.. so this is the brand new list:

Control Polimorph
    // Lands
    5 [ZEN] Island (3a)
    3 [ZEN] Swamp (4a)
    4 [SOM] Darkslick Shores
    2 [RAV] Watery Grave
    2 [M12] Drowned Catacomb
    2 [DS] Blinkmoth Nexus
    4 [MOR] Mutavault
    // Gamenders
    2 [ROE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    // Counters
    3 [ZEN] Spell Pierce
    2 [WWK] Dispel
    3 [RAV] Remand
    // Discard
    4 [ROE] Inquisition of Kozilek
    2 [M10] Duress
    2 [LRW] Thoughtseize
    // Cantrips
    3 [FD] Serum Visions
    3 [9E] Sleight of Hand
    4 [ROE] See Beyond
    // Catch All
    3 [DDF] Echoing Truth
    1 [10E] Crucible of Worlds
    // Business
    2 [MR] Proteus Staff
    4 [M10] Polymorph

Dec 2010
    Montreal

I don't think avoiding sorcery speed removal is a good argument against Raise the Alarm. The spell produces 2 tokens so unless you take a Pulse, you are still coming out on top. I also think Silence is a great replacement for Thoughtseize. I would also consider Isochron Scepter along with Silence and Path to Exile and give this deck some serious locks to enable Emrakul. Also, Beckon Apparition is a versatile way to add +1 to Polymorph and avoid Sorcery removal.
    Do you know what assuming does? It makes an ass out of you and me.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

... ffs I was trying to be funny...

Nov 2011
    Guangzhou, China

Why not use those enchantment/creature spells like Wind Zendikon or Corrupted Zendikon

Thread Information