Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: What is the most Ridiculous play your opponent has made?

Re: What is the most Ridiculous play your opponent has made?

Quote Originally Posted by edgarps22 View Post
    Not me but stolen from Taco for its epicness, circa 2007:

This may have nothing to do with Flash, but I was so amused by it I had to bring it up. IBA suggests Brightstone Ritual as a bizarre answer to Empty the Warrens, so I started testing it against some ETW tossing decks. Here's one of my best results ever and quite possibly the best turn one in the history of Vial Goblins:

Opponent: Turn one, ridiculous shit, 16 ETW Tokens:

Me: (Opening Hand: Plateau, Wasteland, Brightstone Ritual, Brightstone Ritual, Warchief, Ringleader, Matron)

-Plateau, Ritual for 16, Warchief, Ringleader (10 floating.)
    -(Ringleader hits Ringleader, Gempalm, Piledriver.)
    -Ringleader (7 Floating.)
    -(Ringleader hits Matron, Matron, Sharpshooter, Piledriver. Sweet!)
    -Matron for Ringleader, Piledriver, Ringleader (1 Floating).
    -(Ringleader hits Lackey, SGC)
    -Brightstone Ritual for 22, Piledriver, Matron for Matron, Matron for Driver, Matron for Driver, Piledriver, Piledriver, Sharpshooter, Lackey, Gempalm, Siege-Gang (5 Floating.)
    -Sharpshooter off all tokens.
    -Mana Burn for 5.
    -Swing for 179.
    Yeah, I think that wins.

My favorite is the memory of my opponent playing Force of Will on my Vexing Shusher immediately after I cast it and ask for his permission. What's even better is his confusion and surprise after I put it into play.

Cheers,
    jares

Turn 5 kill with Lightning Coils in FNM against Mono-Red (Mirrodin-Kamigawa Standard)

T1: Island, Teardrop Kami
    T2: Mountain, Coretapper
    T3: Mountain, Lightning Coils, add counter with Coretapper
    T4: Island, Teardrop Kami
    EoT (opp): Tap Coretapper, sac Kami, Tap Coretapper, sac Kami #2, tap coretapper, sac Coretapper
    T5: declare attackers, Tears of rage for 99.

G2: I got knocked down to one life before swinging in for 426 damage, after having Lightning Coils on four counters for half the game.

The most ridiculous play I've witnessed (I was a few tables over to the side) was an opponent grabbing a part of his opponents deck by accident instead of his when shuffling it into his own. It was hilarious to see the judges try to figure out which card was whose since they were both playing Bant Survival.

Personally, my biggest screwups were either: entering a free Legacy tournament at Ropecon (big Finnish gaming con) without having slept at all the previous night since I was busy playing Mafia/Werewolf or whatever that game is called. I think I made it to round 3 until I fell asleep midgame against Merfolk.

Man of the Bounce
    Apr 2011
    City of Angels

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinizer View Post
    The most ridiculous play I've witnessed (I was a few tables over to the side) was an opponent grabbing a part of his opponents deck by accident instead of his when shuffling it into his own. It was hilarious to see the judges try to figure out which card was whose since they were both playing Bant Survival.

Personally, my biggest screwups were either: entering a free Legacy tournament at Ropecon (big Finnish gaming con) without having slept at all the previous night since I was busy playing Mafia/Werewolf or whatever that game is called. I think I made it to round 3 until I fell asleep midgame against Merfolk.
    Lmao. My fav kind of ridiculousness.
    WESTCOAST
    DREDGE Playlist

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

Quote Originally Posted by edgarps22 View Post
    Not me but stolen from Taco for its epicness, circa 2007:

This may have nothing to do with Flash, but I was so amused by it I had to bring it up. IBA suggests Brightstone Ritual as a bizarre answer to Empty the Warrens, so I started testing it against some ETW tossing decks. Here's one of my best results ever and quite possibly the best turn one in the history of Vial Goblins:

Opponent: Turn one, ridiculous shit, 16 ETW Tokens:

Me: (Opening Hand: Plateau, Wasteland, Brightstone Ritual, Brightstone Ritual, Warchief, Ringleader, Matron)

-Plateau, Ritual for 16, Warchief, Ringleader (10 floating.)
    -(Ringleader hits Ringleader, Gempalm, Piledriver.)
    -Ringleader (7 Floating.)
    -(Ringleader hits Matron, Matron, Sharpshooter, Piledriver. Sweet!)
    -Matron for Ringleader, Piledriver, Ringleader (1 Floating).
    -(Ringleader hits Lackey, SGC)
    -Brightstone Ritual for 22, Piledriver, Matron for Matron, Matron for Driver, Matron for Driver, Piledriver, Piledriver, Sharpshooter, Lackey, Gempalm, Siege-Gang (5 Floating.)
    -Sharpshooter off all tokens.
    -Mana Burn for 5.
    -Swing for 179.
    Yeah I've still never even come close to topping this.

If I have to pick an opponent's play, however, it would be many many years ago, where an opponent combined 4 Mana Flares, 7 Candleabras of Tawnos (4 Regular, 3 Copy Artifacts), multiple giant Snake Basket activations, and a Marton Stromgald with some obscene amount of tokens, like 676 or something. I got hit for over 450,000.

If however we mean "Ridiculous" literally, and not as in overpowered, I pick my opponent playing a Hunting Moa against my Vish Kal deck in a Commander Game. I had Vish Kal and like 5 mundane dudes/tokens out. I picked up the card, read it, hesitated, picked it up again, read it again, killed it with Vish Kal, played Puppeteer Clique and won.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Cabal Therapist
    Jul 2010
    Dortmund, Germany

Solidarity(on the play) vs. Nic Fit.
    Turn 1, Island, pass. Nic Fit plays Vetaran Explorer.
    Turn 2, Island, pass. Nic Fit attacks with Veteran Explorer, Solidarity flashes in Snappy to block, gets two Islands, High Tide, Reset, kill him. On Turn 2.
    This man is a truthspeaker! You deserve a beer - if you see me in Ghent, you may present yourself to me as The Speaker of Truths and I will buy you a beer of choice

Invasion/Masques Type 2, me on mono-black control, opponent on blue skies (rising waters without rising waters).

Him: Island.
    Me: Swamp, Dark Ritual, Plague Spitter. Gets Dazed.
    Me: Nut on land, Dark Ritual, Plague Spitter. Gets Dazed.
    Me: Vampiric Tutor for a swamp? Gets Dazed. Fucking scoop.

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

5-man Commander Pod. Me on Multani. Kaervek the Merciless player is about to combo off next turn. I have an 18/18 Multani. I Natural Order Dryad Arbor into Vorinclex, giving me enough mana to play Greater Good, draw 18 cards (Including Concordant Crossroads), play Crossroads, replay Multani, and one-shot the Kaervek player.

Next player, with nothing more than a Momir Vig and a Priest of Titania in play and 1 card in hand? Untap, draw Recycle, play Recycle, play an Elf, randomly draw a second Elf, Momir Vig trigger a third elf on top, commence playing every Elf in the deck chaining untap effects and mana activation, lots of Ezuri activations, swing at everyone for over 800.

Stupid Concordant Crossroads.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

Long time ago I played Deadguy Ale. I was playing a Dredge opponent. He plays Cabal Therapy and sees: Jotun Grunt, Swords to Plowshares, Hymn to Tourach, Hymn to Tourach after missing the first hit. Then he saccs something and plays a second Therapy naming.... HYMN TO TOURACH! Yo da good old two for one hu?
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Feb 2012
    England

Not Really a ridiculous play, but...

When I was playing in a last chance trial at BOM, I was playing against a RUG Delver opponent.

Mid game he fetches for his 4th land and puts a Tundra into play. I was wondering what the white splash may be for.

Swords maybe?

Engineered Explosives for 4?

After the match I asked him what it was for... Apparently he turned up missing his 19th land and only had 59 cards, so rather than using a basic island, he thought he would use a Tundra for misinformation.

In a dredge mirror post-board my opponent has turn-one therapied me for leyline of the void.

The hilarious thing is that he already put down his own leyline before he therapied me so it's like he wasn't even reading his own cards.

Thread Information