Page 94 of 119 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2375

Thread: [Deck] U/R Delver

Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

Quote Originally Posted by kryllex View Post
    Winning through a chalice is actually pretty doable; depending on the board ofc.
    I Already won through it a few times, without smashing it or getting it off the board otherwise. As long you have a swiftspear or a Delver on the board already, and play a pyromancer, game is still pretty winnable, since this guys will still trigger, regardless of your spells being countered. And playing a PoP in the Mainboard is also a big thing there G1 :) By the way, regarding Artifact hate, i am running 1 Smash and 1 null Rod. Rod is just extremely sick.

Another thing:
    I am still thinking of adding 2 Submerge to my SB, because i made the experience, that some big hitters get extremely annoying, especialy our best 20/20 Friend named Marit Lage. A friend of mine is a extremely good Maverick player, and is currently running Punishing Maverick + Stage/Depths Combo and in 6 of 10 Cases, i still loose with having him on 3-4 Life, because a big spaghetti Monster is coming out of nowhere. A Tarmogoyf without having a Pyromancer ony my side also doesn't seem cool, and Tombstalker is just annoying. I probably would have to put out 2 Bloodmoons for them, but i don't really want to do that, since its a instant win versus some decks.

Also, i am thinking between Lavamancer, Pyrokinesis and Electrickery. Lavamancer is nuts in some Matchups, but can shut off Cruise (mostly boarding 2 out when i bring him in). Pyrokinesis is awesome since it can take out a 3/3 and 1/1 at the same time, and electrickery is also pretty sick. Still, can't decide properly.

Your thoughts?
    I feel like playing multiple forked bolts PLUS electrickery is really bad. Electrickery deals with basically D&T, elves, unflipped delver, lavamancer and pyromancer. In the UR matchup, it deals only with the pyromancer and it's tokens, while forked bolt could get rid of them all. I prefer forked bolt and since I don't think the deck can afford to play a heavy (4/2, 4/3)splash of forked bolt and electrickery, I would play just forked bolt.

Lavamancer is slow and pyrokinesis does 2 for 1 you, if it gets countered things get really bad. Still, its easier to get lavamancer countered or removed than pyrokinesis countered. Between these 3 I would play pyrokinesis, since it's much more certain and flexible, and cases with multiple tokens that pyrokinesis wouldn't be able to deal with are rare IMO.

The Original

Jul 2009
    Austria

Is Daze main so important. As seen in DredgingLoam report he is sideporting it out every time against all decks but Storm.

So does Daze only exist main against combodecks or is it usefull against more? I mean if you board it out so often and there are even lists without Daze.

I wanna try this deck and my meta is nearly no combo so sb combohate should be enough.

What do you guys think about a blood moon sb or is PoP just better?
    Drakes claim to be dragons-until the dragons show up.

The dust can count only to 50.

Angels attacked them,............ with swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Gollus View Post
    Is Daze main so important. As seen in DredgingLoam report he is sideporting it out every time against all decks but Storm.

So does Daze only exist main against combodecks or is it usefull against more? I mean if you board it out so often and there are even lists without Daze.

I wanna try this deck and my meta is nearly no combo so sb combohate should be enough.

What do you guys think about a blood moon sb or is PoP just better?
    I'm playing a list without daze and with PoP instead of forked bolt MD. Pop is usually way better, and it gives you a better burn approach. Forked bolt is better against D&T, elves, and UR Delver but I think PoP is way better than forked bolt against other decks, and there are some matchups when forked bolt really sucks (2 damage to the face is really bad). I

'm playing a very 4-of decklist, with 4 Pop in the MD and 2 forked bolts and 1 searing blaze on the SB.

I also play 1 blood moon since I think there's slot for it in the SB. Just be aware that even though blood moon is really good, it's a 3 drop in a deck without ramp, so if you are on the draw you will play it after the third turn of the opponent. It's good but may not be that good. Also it's "decayable", so try not dropping it when opponent has BG on lands available, so that it can only be countered. In most cases (like 95%), decay will not hit it after it gets dropped on the battlefield.

I thought of running 2 blood moon, but I don't think there are enough slots in the SB. There are some cards that I'm not willing to take them out of the SB for nothing (2 needle, 2 vortex, 2 flusterstorm, 3 ensnaring bridge - this one is reeeeeeeally great!! - 2 pyroblast). Maybe take out the forked bolts or searing blaze, but I think it's risky not to have a SB plan for UR Delver and elves.

No comments on Owen Turtenwald's article on his version of UR delver than went 12-3 at GP NJ?

http://www.channelfireball.com/artic...luered-delver/

The interesting choices he made were zero basics, and a black splash for cabal therapy in the board.

Quote Originally Posted by rickster View Post
    No comments on Owen Turtenwald's article on his version of UR delver than went 12-3 at GP NJ?

The interesting choices he made were zero basics, and a black splash for cabal therapy in the board.
    About the lands, I think if your hand doesn't start very "threatful", the opponent has time to wasteland you out of the game. In slower hands it's nice to have some basics that you can rely on, but maybe the upside of not drawing basics compensates for it.

The Cabal Therapy is indeed really interesting! I used to have a grixis delver deck (that for reasons of bad playing or bad creation underperformed), and maybe DRS would also be a nice fit to slow down enemy treasure cruises and all the things it does completely well?

The fact that there's the possibility of UR without basics leads it to the possibility of splashing. What if it splashed for white for StP MD and sideboard? It's an amazing removal spell. What else could we splash white for? Maybe Meddling mage in the SB against combo decks (which runs really well with gitaxian probe). It would be similar to the UWr delver decklist, but without the SFM package (which takes up 6 non-spell slots and is pretty slow).

"I've seen people play some Smelt in their lists but I expected a non-zero number of players to try and beat Delver with Chalice of the Void for 1, and it's totally unacceptable to put a card in your deck to kill artifacts and just be unable to kill one of the most problematic artifacts you could reasonably expect to face." - Owen Turtenwald

Told ya so :P

I always wondered about Smelt; its just super bad compared to Smash to Smithereens

Another thing, I am actually considering about cutting the 1 Chain Lightning I am running and adding a Vapor Snag in that Slot. Saw it in Brandon Hulings list (3rd at SCG Columbus) and I think it looks really good.
    Your thoughts?

The Original

Jul 2009
    Austria

I will try this list next sunday.

4 Volcanic Island
    4 Scalding Tarn
    1 Misty Rainforest
    3 Flooded Strand
    2 Island
    2 Mountain

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Treasure Cruise

4 Lightning Bolt
    2 Chain Lightning
    2 Price of Progress

4 Delver
    4 Young Pyromancer
    4 Monastery Swiftspear

4 Force of Will
    4 Daze

Sideboard:
    2 Pyroblast
    2 Blood Moon
    2 Sulfuric Vortex
    2 Smash to Smithereens
    2 Grim Lavamancer
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Electrickery
    1 Flusterstorm

The Meta looks like half of the field Delver Decks, most are UR. Next most played is Miracle and maybe Jund and there are just a few combo Decks but nearly no graveyard based.

I play no forked bolt because i have none and there is no elves and just 2 D&T lists around. Against all other decks is Chain Lightning just better and it gives you more burn reach. The same is with PoP. It is the random uups i win button and because all the manabases are so greedy.
    I am not sure with the 2/2 split beetween them. I also play with the thought about Fire/Ice in this mix.

SB has no gravehate because of the lack of graveyard-combo as described. Smash to Smithereens, Vortex, Needle, Pyroblast is set. The other cards are flexible.
    I thought about 1 PoP main and 1 sideboard but now with the 2/2 split i took Blood Moon. Is it the right choice?
    Elecktrickery and Grim are for the mirror but i'm not sure these are the right cards for the SB slots against the mirror.

I played Burn before and i really like Ensnaring Bridge so maybe some SB would be good too. Maybe 1 Moon and the Flusterstorm out and 2 Bridge in?
    And wouldn't be Spell Pierce better without the combodecks?
    Drakes claim to be dragons-until the dragons show up.

The dust can count only to 50.

Angels attacked them,............ with swords.

Nov 2014
    Boise, ID

13 Creatures
    4x Delver of Secrets
    4x Monastery Swiftspear
    4x Young Pyromancer
    1x Snapcaster Mage

31 Instants/Sorceries
    4x Treasure Cruise
    4x Ponder
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Gitaxian Probe
    4x Lightning Bolt
    3x Price of Progress
    4x Force of Will
    4x Daze

16 lands
    1x Volcanic Island
    4x Scalding Tarn
    4x Flooded Strand
    2x Polluted Delta
    3x Island
    2x Mountain

SB
    2x Tormod's Crypt
    2x Pithing Needle
    1x Vandalblast
    2x Pyroblast
    2x Grim Lavamancer
    2x Hydroblast
    2x Blood Moon
    2x Dismember

Ran this list against a very heavy Stoneforge meta at my local Legacy League. Mainboarding PoP seems good against useless Wastelands and tons of duals.
    I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Still rocking a Treasure-less build:

4 Volcanic Island
    2 Island
    2 Mountain
    4 Scalding Tarn
    2 Polluted Delta
    2 Flooded Strand
    2 Wooded Foothills
    1 Bloodstained Mire

4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Grim Lavamancer
    2 Vendilion Clique
    2 True-Name Nemesis

4 Brainstorm
    3 Ponder

4 Force of Will
    2 Spell Snare
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Daze

4 Lightning Bolt
    3 Chain Lightning
    1 Forked Bolt
    2 Price of Progress

Sideboard:

3 Sulfuric Vortex
    1 Price of Progress
    1 Surgical Extraction
    2 Flusterstorm
    3 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Smash to Smithereens
    2 Vapor Snag
    1 Pithing Needle

This time I've cut Goblin Guide in favor of bigger and more impactful creatures like Clique and TNN. This was a 2am decision before the tournament (Invitational of the Austrian Legacy Championship) to (hopefully - at least the thought at that time) have a better game against two of the most played decks throughout the Opens/qualifiers: Jund & BUG Delver. It should also help against UWR and somewhat against Miracles, but against the latter Guide was actually good.

So after 3.5h of sleep I jumped onto the tram to the railway station (together with Einherjer and another friend) and took the trip to the tournament, feeling good about my decision without having played a single game with this change to that point. At the tournament center I was getting worried, as nobody showed up playing Jund or BUG. Well...fuck.

Round 1: UR Delver (Gollus) - otp. It's one of the standard Treasure Cruise lists and in terms of HP both games were pretty tight, but Snapcaster is just a beast when it comes to removal wars. 2-0
    Round 2: UWR Blade - otd. Game 1 is lost to equipments, while the postboard games both feature enough answers to reach the finish line. 2-1
    Round 3: Miracles (Einherjer) - otd. Two quick games, where Clique (gets an Entreat in response to the Miracle trigger) and TNN (no removal for you) prove to be effective. 2-0
    Round 4: Miracles - otd. Opponent refuses to draw, so we play. Game 1 goes to him, game 2 is mine, although he could have at least delayed it, if not won. Before we begin the third I ask him again if he wants to draw and he takes it.
    Round 5: UWR Blade - I.D.

1st after swiss, so fuck you, dice roll. xD

Quarterfinals: Lands (Philipp2293) - otp. I didn't know what to expect beside Dark Depths and Punishing Fire. Game 1 he tries to be fancy and Crop Rotates for a Ghost Quarter, as I already have 3 Basics in play, but I just fetch the 4th and win from there. Game 2 I get to play against Maze, Tabernacle and Glacial Chasm (?). A Clique gets the crucial Life from the Loam and let's me finish. 2-0
    Seminfinals: UWR Blade - otp. Game 1 i keep TNN, SCM, Bolt, Land, Land, Land, Land. Loose, but I felt like Bolt + SCM should buy me enough time. Of course they don't as I draw more lands and TNN eats the (probably) 1-of maindeck Pyroblast. Game 2 I draw an overload of 2 Vortex, Price and Smash, while he stays on 3 lands, two of which were basics. Somewhere along the way he resolves a Pyromancer and races me, as I sit there with my hand, unable to do shit. 0-2

So, I'm 3rd and get a Bayou.

*sadface*

In the end, Einherjer wins the event through the other side of the bracket.

Not playing cruise is just wrong in so many ways. It's not like you have to even change much of the deck to make it fit. Pyromancer and swiftspear are debatable but I think cruise is just an auto include, it's so good

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

I expected a specific meta and my build is just better suited for that. I want to consistently be able to flashback PoPs and Lavamancer stuff. Plus Cruise gets so much weaker without Probe/Scour and disposable 1 drops.

So i've seen alot of ppl using a playset of cabal therapies in the sb while running an Underground Sea in the main.
    Seems pretty cool, since it synergizes alot with pyromancer, i might pick my set of therapies up again

Quote Originally Posted by kryllex View Post
    So i've seen alot of ppl using a playset of cabal therapies in the sb while running an Underground Sea in the main.
    Seems pretty cool, since it synergizes alot with pyromancer, i might pick my set of therapies up again

My cat's name is Tarmogoyf!
    Dec 2010
    Franklin, PA; Cleveland, OH

Greetings All,

I have sleeved up this UR Delver deck and been testing it out for a few weeks now. As a RUG/BUG Delver player this deck seemed right up my alley. Anyway I played in a local 9-man this past Sunday and made the Top 4 play-off, which the four of us decided to split. Also with this same list, I played a locals a another shop about a week ago and ended 3rd of 14 players. Here is my list:

4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Monastery Swiftspear
    4 Young Pyromancer
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Lightning Bolt
    2 Forked Bolt
    1 Pyroblast
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    4 Treasure Cruise
    4 Volcanic Island
    2 Island
    1 Mountain
    4 Scalding Tarn
    2 Polluted Delta
    4 Misty Rainforest

Sideboard
    2 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Hydroblast
    2 Electrickery
    2 Pyroblast
    1 Shattering Spree
    2 Price of Progress
    1 Shattering Pulse
    1 Sulfuric Vortex

Report from 9-Man at Empire Games (12-14-14):
    Round 1: UWR Miracles (0-2): I lost the die roll and mulliganed to a reasonable six card hand. I get my opponent to 2 life before he stabilizes with removal and a counterbalance/top lock. I mulligan to 5 in game two and am never really in the game.

Round 2: Bye

Round 3: Burn (2-0) I lose the die roll but have a Swiftspear plus Daze start that matches up well against his start of Rift Bolt into Searing Blaze. It was all downhill from there. Game two I had a Swiftspear into Young Pyro. His attackers never dealt damage and I was able to attack through his.

Round 4: Spring Tide (2-1) This was a bit of an interesting match. This was a Spiral tide deck without Candalabras but instead substituting Explores to ramp mana and cantrip. He combo killed me game 1 at one life as I durdled for a turn or two trying to find creature based action. Games 2-3 I had creatures, Flusterstorms, and Pyroblasts to apply pressure while keeping him off balance.

There was a cut to Top 4. I liked my chances... the other decks were Burn, MUD, and mono-black Reanimator. So I think I would have fared okay but in time interest and not wanting to keep the other two guys I had traveled with stuck at the shop, I agreed to the split.

Report from 14-Man at Kidforce Collectibles (12-2-14):
    Round 1: ANT (2-0) My opponent's draws were horrible both games. He never got to start comboing. I ended game 2 with 4 FoW and 3 blue cards in hand.

Round 2: BUG Delver (1-2) This match was close but my draws didn't line up real well in games 2-3. Plus Tarmogoyf showed up in multiples to clog up the board.

Round 3: Sneak and Show (2-1) He kills me really fast game 1. I board out my bolts and bring in permission. He starts both game 2-3 with a Leyline of Sanctity. I kill him with dudes in both games.

Round 4: UR Delver (2-1) These games were all really tight battles. I ended up coming out on top due to being able to find Electrickerys in the the boarded games.

Prize here was based on standings. I ended 3rd and took home a bit of credit.

Overall the deck feels pretty solid. I still think that I need more practice with it. It is weird how small and low impact a low of the cards look/feel... but allow for absolutely explosive starts/turns in the mid game in this particular configuration of cards. Any suggestions/advice are/is welcome. I would really appreciate hearing what you guys think. Anyway thanks for reading!

Sam S
    Dec 2011
    Newmarket, ON

I been playing "Is It Human?" since before Jersey and been on it the last 3 weeks exclusively.

I seem to have all my match ups down, haven't tested enough against Deathblade. In theory I notice they tend to cut most of their counter magic in this match up in favour of a more heavy removal postboard plan. In this match up I would think that PoP is the finisher in this match up since they typically have a minimum of 3 non-basics.

Had difficultly against True-Name Nemesis.

Does anyone have much seat time or developed strategy facing this match up?

I run 16 land (3 volc), 2 forked bolt, 1 Pyroblast, 1 PoP md

SB:
    2 graftdiggers cage
    1 pithing needle
    1 null rod
    1 cursed totem
    1 tsabo's web
    2 price of progress
    2 pyroblast
    2 spell pierce
    1 echoing truth
    1 sudden demise
    1 smash to smithereens

Dear all,

I've been playing MTG for a couple of years, but only recently took up Legacy. I saved up and got a U/R Delver deck. My meta, however, is comprised of decks that seem to be tough matchups for it. For example, lately I've been beaten by Lands, Maverick, Dark Maverick, Landstill, and Tezzeret Control. I'm trying to figure out which of the following is likely the case:

-- My deck is just not well chosen for the community in which I play.
    -- My deck is fine, but I haven't spent enough time mastering it.

I have a bit more I could spend (maybe $800), and am trying to figure out whether I need to tweak what I have or go in a different direction (and if so, which direction -- in view of what others play at my store). I'd be very grateful for your thoughts and comments on any of this. Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
    Dear all,

I've been playing MTG for a couple of years, but only recently took up Legacy. I saved up and got a U/R Delver deck. My meta, however, is comprised of decks that seem to be tough matchups for it. For example, lately I've been beaten by Lands, Maverick, Dark Maverick, Landstill, and Tezzeret Control. I'm trying to figure out which of the following is likely the case:

-- My deck is just not well chosen for the community in which I play.
    -- My deck is fine, but I haven't spent enough time mastering it.

I have a bit more I could spend (maybe $800), and am trying to figure out whether I need to tweak what I have or go in a different direction (and if so, which direction -- in view of what others play at my store). I'd be very grateful for your thoughts and comments on any of this. Thanks so much!
    If there are landstill decks and lands decks, try mainboarding one or two price of progress. Maverick is tough but you can always put submerge in the board or something. Tezzeret control should be easy as long as they don't have turn 1 chalice; you only have to resolve one that to win the game often.

So I've been doing really well online recently with a 0 Daze, 4 Chain Lightning, 1 PoP, and 1 Pyroblast build. However, I think that the 4 Daze, 0 Chain build is a bit better and that's what I have put together irl. I'm trying to decide whether it is a good idea to spend the 100+ tics to get Dazes, or to just put the Chain Lightnings in my irl build (I already own Chain's in paper). I imagine that the experience and sideboarding plan is most important but I would also like to play with the best build. What do you all think? Should I buy Dazes online, play Chains in paper, or just keep the status quo?

IMHO, in this deck Chains are way better than Dazes.

Thread Information