Page 88 of 119 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2375

Thread: [Deck] U/R Delver

Re: [Deck] U/R Delver

I have been testing U/R this weekend (the NJ deck) and I was not able to win Monored Burn.
    This deck is faster than mine and I hate Eidolon :(

Of course I sided out the Probes

Agains burn I'm trying This : - 2 pop, -2 probe, + 2 surgical extraction, + spell pierce... Any suggestions for side boarding against burn ? And plz people, give a chance to searing blood !!! It's perfect against dnt, elves and any creature deck !!!

@Cris: I might. However I dont like the mana cost where I could go MS+forked or bolt :/

But no-one have tried gut shot with YP + MS?
    Im testing without it tomorrow. I have a larger tourny this sunday so I need to get ready fo dat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FANAttIC View Post
    Neffy cut a ponder! We should kill him

Jul 2011
    Zagreb, Croatia

Speaking of Gutshot, is there a chance for Lava Dart (double instant spell for MS and Pyro)?

Speaking of Gutshot, is there a chance for Lava Dart (double instant spell for MS and Pyro)?
    It just seems as a a finisher only. We run so few lands that saccing them can be fatal for the game plan. And you dont want to draw it early. Also you will use two cards (Dart + land) to get rid of one or perhaps two creatures. Forked bolt just seems way better here, albeit sorcery.
    Gut-shot is also a sudden finisher, but can come from 0 mana and mostly will be 1 for 1.

But who am I to judge. I have not tried it :)
    Neffy cut a ponder! We should kill him

Played Bob Huang's 60 (-1 cruise + 1 fetch) this past weekend GPT New Jersey and lost in the finals. Thoughts:

I mulled only once whole tournament and never had mana issues so I'm sticking with 18 lands.
    Swiftspear is definitely more comparable to goyf than goblin guide as I had him 3/4 and above on average.
    3 cruises felt fine. The card is bananas. Normally in a game, I cast one 1-2 cruise and pitch the third to FoW. Although there was a rare occasion where I cast 3 cruises but I was aggressively digging the whole game to find threats as they kept dying.
    Definitely a very fun deck to pilot as your creatures get bigger and generate tokens just for playing spells.

Despite my high place finish, the power level of the deck seems low. It feels like a slower burn deck and a weaker RUG deck since your creatures don't stick around for long unlike mongoose. It might be a surprise factor that propelled this deck to a high place finish. Moving forward, I feel like the meta will adapt to a heavy board sweep control environment (-1/-1 and the like) that's gonna be way too unfriendly for UR mages.

If you look a few pages back, you'll note I was using Gut Shot in coordination with SCM. While it was really great and worked wonders with Pyromancer, I still think it may be a little too narrow here. Forked Bolt is one of, if not the best, cards in this entire deck. Being able to knock out two creatures at the cost of one mana is insane. Especially against decks like Elves, D/T, the mirror, etc.

I think we also need to assess the reality that this deck, while getting a tremendous boost with Cruise, has also become public enemy number one. This means having a strong mirror plan and being able to prepare for unfavorable match-ups. Obviously this isn't something new, but we're talking about a card that is so incredibly swingy in Treasure Cruise. This is why I'm deciding to run a single Pyroblast main. Not only does it give the deck reach in being able to counter other problematic cards like Show and Tell and True-Name Nemesis, it aids incredibly in the mirror by giving you the ability to counter Cruises game one and the ability to create surprise tokens from Pyromancer to (possibly) kill an opposing attacker in a pinch. I may even up the count; CruiseMania and blue decks are running wild, brother.

I shifted the fourth Force into the board to make room for this change before. My version is in flux a little bit to combat the mirror and sidestep potential hate in the form of -1/-1 effects. I also think it's perfectly fine to run a pair of Wastelands, which can be key. This deck is not all-in tempo like other builds, but it still maintains some tempo elements. It's funny because the deck isn't counter-crazy or tempo crazy; it's a solid mix of the two. I think Wasteland is a wildcard that can win games on its own on the heels of a sequence involving: Delver->Daze->Wasteland.

I like it. I've been thinking of leaving a couple snappys in there too. Sulfer Elemental was a nice touch.

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013
    Woodstock, Georgia, America

I went undefeated tonight with a U/R Burn list similar to yours except I played no SP and added a Price and a Forked Bolt. Too tired to write anything else.
    Soldier Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Isn't the reward for an IQ the right to play standard? I'd rather get rickets.

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013
    Woodstock, Georgia, America

Also is there any reason you are not playing for Rough / Tumble in your board? Your flipped Delvers and Swiftspears die, and it destroys Elves, D&T, and others.
    Soldier Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Isn't the reward for an IQ the right to play standard? I'd rather get rickets.

how is D&T, Elves and Miracles Matchup?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Also is there any reason you are not playing for Rough / Tumble in your board? Your flipped Delvers and Swiftspears die, and it destroys Elves, D&T, and others.
    I think you meant they don't die. I think it sounds really good, and it also can be flashed back... right? I mean, the double card gets me confused about it

Anyway, sounds like a good choise. Maybe against other delver decks with DRS, SFM, bob?

Just won a Grand Prix Trial with UR. Two byes.

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

Hollywood, can you share your list?

P.S. See you at the GP
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

So I have all the cards to make the list that runs Young Pyromancer, Swiftspear, and Delver with 4 Treasure Cruise. I am thinking I should make this deck. What kind of player is U/R Delver for? At the moment I play elves, reanimator, and D&T.

Quote Originally Posted by Brentane View Post
    So I have all the cards to make the list that runs Young Pyromancer, Swiftspear, and Delver with 4 Treasure Cruise. I am thinking I should make this deck. What kind of player is U/R Delver for? At the moment I play elves, reanimator, and D&T.
    UR Delver is a very spiky aggressive list. If you like that type of play and you like tap-out aggro it'll be good for you. BUG Delver players are making the migration at this point. I'm guessing some Canadian Thresh players will be there also when the dust clears.

Im thinking about cards for side against mirror, electrikery may be the best option?

Enviado desde mi LG-P710 mediante Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uohoo View Post
    Im thinking about cards for side against mirror, electrikery may be the best option?

Enviado desde mi LG-P710 mediante Tapatalk
    I'll post a detailed report from the GPT win later tonight. I had some sweet sideboard tech for the mirror that was an absolute blowout.

I played the mirror four times, FWIW, going 4-0 in those matches [6-0-2 overall].

Hey guys, I was trying to put together a list of the usual UR Delver Burn deck with Treasure Cruise, and I realized goblin guide probably is still better in this list than swiftspear. Also my friends are telling me there's no way a deck can handle the full 4 copies of TC, and I guess getting 2 of them in the beggining of the game is a certain mulligan, so I'm thinking of having a 3/3 splash between TC and SCM (which I haven't tested yet), instead of 4/2

Here's the list that I'm thinking of running in the next tournament:

CREATURES
    4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Goblin Guide
    3 Snapcaster

COUNTER
    4 Force of Will
    3 Daze

CANTRIP
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    3 Treasure Cruise

BURN
    4 Price of Progress
    4 Lightning Bolt
    4 Chain Lightning
    2 Thunderous Wrath

LANDS
    2 Volcanic Island
    4 Scalding Tarn
    2 Island
    2 Mountain
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Polluted Delta

SIDEBOARD
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Submerge
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Searing Blaze
    2 Pyroblast
    2 Sulfuric Vortex
    2 Surgical Extraction

PS.: I used to leave 1 price of progress in the sideboard, but in my meta it's just that great!

Thread Information