Sep 2008
    Santiago, Chile

Re: 5-0 with turbofog

I think I love you.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I suppose a confident pilot playing against an opponent who lacks wins the day here...well done, and with a deck that seems horrifically metagame dependant.

This should cement into people's minds the fact that any deck can beat any other deck at any time. Variance can sometimes be fantastic...
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Congrats, dude. This deck is very cool.

I'm thinking it could use Isochron Scepter. And Windswept Heath. No dual lands, though--gotta keep the snow land count as high as possible!

Sep 2010
    Chapel Hill, NC

Uh-mazing.

Scepter seems like a must in this strategy. So brutal.

Still, I couldn't help think that what this deck really craves is Fog Bank. The card does everything AND has the word "fog" in the title (AND depicts dinosaurs so stoned that they might collapse without warning).

Not convinced? Lemme drop some knowledge: This link is called "Science."

Then, once you're in blue, you can play brainstorm (which has killer synergy with Terramorphic Expanse) and possibly even Energy Field.

Gang leader of the Squirtle Squad
    Oct 2010
    Germany

@ Fog Bank:

Looks like a pretty normal Philosoraptor discussion... .

I dont think that the decklists really is that unstable or blue is a suggestion for it Energy Field doesnt combo as well with each card of the deck and Brainstorm isnt that necessary also.
    Enlightened Tutor and Eldrazis (I personally prefer Legacy Weapon as not going out of cards, well just because the deck is indeed the Legacy weapon) are the best changes which could possibily made.
    Regardless, this deck is quite the brew. I hope so badly that this report isnt fake (can someone please confirm that, for the sake of all those who got trolled a million times, please confirm that story).
    The deck might look pretty awkward in terms of powerlevel, but really isnt. I like every single card in it and every card makes sense.
    I cant help myself, that story awoke something in me. Next tourney Mono-Green-Control (MGC, bioatches) or something, I am literally blown away from that report, no, seriously.
    I am wondering how long it takes that this goes straight to the DTB forum... .

Claymore-One you ARE the man.

PS:
    Luckily he didnt went to SCG-open, Howling Mine sold out and standing at 25 Dollars it is.
    In response...Hypothek!

I think 4eak's post pretty much summed up how reacted too. This report is awesome, inspiring, funny, crazy...I could go on and on, haha. Time to build a rogue deck and take my local metagame by storm.

Human Hunter
    Sep 2006
    California

I don't post much in these forums anymore...

But you sir are awesome!
    You know that nightmare where your running but you just can't get away...

Jul 2011
    Binghamton, NY

You're a champion among men. Give this man an invite to the Pro-Tour

May 2007
    Czech Rep.

Sunstone in legacy. Amazing. I'm speechless.

I REALLY hope this is not a troll.

Aug 2008
    Wilkes Barre

Wow...just wow.
    Check out my Articles

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Pretty damn epic.

Edit: This guy and Richard Cheese make my day.
    Aww hell, what did I do this time?

Also this report/deck are completely awesome.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
    Nov 2008
    Austin, TX

I have a want to live the dream with turbofog now...

Congrats on finish man!
    Team FireBrothers

Steve Carpenter's my friend.
    Feb 2009
    Poughkeepsie, Ny.

This has to be a troll, this deck could never beat reanimator..

Attractive and Successful
    Nov 2006
    Cincinnati, OH

This deck is certainly not a troll; anyone who is dedicated enough to play Sunstone isn't putting you on.

Unreal. Time to front-run Font of Mythos before it gets hyped...

Freaking amazing.

When he boarded in Sunstone I had to look it up, then almost fell out of my chair laughing. Awesome stuff.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

I don't understand why there's not a reshuffle effect main. I suppose it's not crucial or anything, but a random Emrakul seems like it would be pretty powerful here. Especially in terms of helping you win before time if you don't win g1. Like against the mono-blue player it would have been very powerful.

Cool deck though. Big props on Sunstone. Not sure why there's Terramorphic Expanses though.

Also needs Kor Havens.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

This is not a troll I think. Even if it was, the deck is still viable. I've tested it a bit online, with 4 Isochron Scepter in place of Peace Talks and without Terramorphic Expanse.

I tell you, it's pretty hard for any non-blue aggro deck to win against this deck. And if you think combo is a bad matchup, try beating 4 Angel's Grace + 4 Orim's Chants + 4 Isochron Scepter + 4 White Leylines with Combo. Pretty hard task.

I've found blue tempo decks to be the worst matchup, aside from Emrakul decks pre board. Tempo decks can counter your early stuff (Spell Snare for Scepter etc) and beat you down pretty fast. Discard-heavy decks are bad if you don't open with Leyline.

All in all, awesome deck. Good job!

Mar 2011
    Tokyo, Japan

Seems legit!

Marvelous pwnage against your TES matchup. hahaha so funny !

The report looks legit to me as well. The first thing that popped into my head when I saw the 5-0 was thinking you got very lucky by dodging combo and Jace for five rounds. But you managed to beat both, well done!

So he grabbed Chain of Vapor from his wishboard to bounce back my enchantment.
    Burning Wish doesn't grab instants. You better watch that guy next time you play. By the sound of his behavior it looks like he intentionally cheated there.

Thread Information