Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Deck] Turbofog

May 2011
    Somewhere around earth.

Re: [Deck] Turbofog

So I've been toying around with a G/W turbofog-ish modern deck recently, I don't play modern much, but it's done fairly well against most of my friend's decks. worst matchup is vs eldrazi thanks to annihilator. I have Oblivion rings in the sideboard to handle Emrakul and his ilk, since I honestly can't think of much else to do about them.

Anyway, how important has all the extra draw power been for this deck to people who play it more?
    I know it speeds things up a bit, but at the moment I only have 7 of the "Each draws one" effects, coupled with a few millstones, and it's worked for me pretty well. It's a lot slower, and I get to a low life total before I start to stabilize by taking early hits, but once I'm drawing 2-3 cards a turn it tends to not matter too much.

I found room for 2 Stirring Wildwoods in the deck as a "Plan B", in case the mill plan won't work for whatever reason, Or just as an x/4 blocker to save fog effects from time to time. Haven't had a chance to really test them, but the games go so long that it could potentially be relevant.
    Playing Legacy: Landstill ProsperAtog ArmageddonStax

Sep 2007
    GA

Re: [Deck] Turbofog

While I play the W/b version. I find that the extra draw power is important as it helps you stabilize faster, but if you have too much you don't have enough space for additional answers you might need in an unknown meta. I wouldn't go lower than 10 drawing sources as I find that the deck really starts losing consistency when you have less than 10. I personally didn't see much of a difference between 10-12 draw effects so I typically use 11-12 draw effects. I have gone with higher numbers of draw, and it was effective; however, those were times when I scouted my meta and knew what to expect along with there not being a lot of variation at that time. Granted, in some of my other variants, I did use Idyllic Tutor to help me find the draw cards (like Rites of Flourishing and Spiteful Visions) and the silver bullets (Runed Halo, Oblivion Ring, Teferi's Moat, etc...) so that could be a potential route to explore as well.

Thread Information