Thread: MTG Inventory System???

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

MTG Inventory System???

Anyone know a program I could use to inventory my magic the gathering collection?

I have over 30k + cards

If my bologna had a first name it would be spelled O-B-A-M-A
    Mar 2010
    Hobart, Indiana

Re: MTG Inventory System???

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    Anyone know a program I could use to inventory my magic the gathering collection?

I have over 30k + cards

I just started using deckbox.org

You can use it for inventory and trading amongst a few other things.
    13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Matthew 7:13-14 NIV

-Member of Clan Magic Eternal-

-Find me on MTGO (NarrowGate) -

Brony and Proud
    Oct 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA

If you have an Android-based device (smartphone or tablet), there is an app called MTG Deck Forge (costs $2.99, but worth it) that lets you keep track of decks/collection, gives you a cost summary (based on lowest valued non-foil version, for a very low end idea), mana curve of decks, sample hand of decks, visual library and lookup for any card (with prices for all versions of it from several different sources, Oracle text, list of editions, etc., etc.), and even a life counter to boot.
    Don't Hate the Herd

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    If you have an Android-based device (smartphone or tablet), there is an app called MTG Deck Forge (costs $2.99, but worth it) that lets you keep track of decks/collection, gives you a cost summary (based on lowest valued non-foil version, for a very low end idea), mana curve of decks, sample hand of decks, visual library and lookup for any card (with prices for all versions of it from several different sources, Oracle text, list of editions, etc., etc.), and even a life counter to boot.
    Thanks for the input, anyone else have any more ideas?

Mtgdb.Gui - deck builder and collection manager application

It is free and opensource, See wiki for more information and screenshots.

Download link
    Attached Images
    Last edited by NikolayHD; 08-06-2020 at 03:39 PM. Reason: the app became cross-platform

Oct 2013
    Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post

I have over 30k + cards
    Are you looking for an actual program or even a website could do the work?

EchoMTG is pretty cool and has a nice graphic, there's an App too (iOs + Android), Decked (iOs + Android) has a collection section and it's pretty intuitive; furthermore, it lets you create and save your decks in its specific section.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

"Dredge isn't a deck, it's public masturbation with graveyard triggers."

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post
    So dismissive.
    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    This thread is great. I've been able to save so much money on seasoning! Whenever I'm eating something bland, I just wander over here to borrow some of the infinite salt.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Snapcardster is good. You can 'scan' the cards with your phone and it'll get the card, its set etc
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

So I checked Snapcardster and it seems really slow an clunky...

Isn't there some api for MCM somewhere? I knwo a german website where you can download a full card pricelist but its only average and missing a lot of versions...

Man mcm should implement a collection tracker, that works like their wantslist. Would be insane

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Excel is nice and easy to use and completely customizable. You can also have the free version (open office or Google spreadsheets).
    Google docs is especially nice since you can also have your collection anywhere in the world!!

Man i feel old :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Excel is nice and easy to use and completely customizable. You can also have the free version (open office or Google spreadsheets).
    Google docs is especially nice since you can also have your collection anywhere in the world!!

Man i feel old :)
    Yeah I have an excel already, where I save all my bus and sales but not yet an inventory though. Its obviously a good start and i will do that soon at least for everything over 5€ soon.

I wanted to have an continuous update on the market value, which the online managers provide. Since I am too stupid to use the MCM API to download data to my excel.

Thread Information