Thread: [Deck] Death's Secrets

Nov 2010
    Seattle

[Deck] Death's Secrets

Remember that Burning Vengeance Rock that appeared not too long ago? Well, I figure drawing cards would be better than burning.

Creatures: 8
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Snapcaster Mage

Spells: 20
    4 Life from the Loam
    4 Raven's Crime
    4 Damnation
    2 Darkblast
    2 Smother
    2 Oona's Grace
    1 Syphon Life
    1 Worm Harvest

Planeswalkers: 4
    4 Liliana of the Veil

Artifacts: 1
    1 Crucible of Worlds

Enchantments: 4
    4 Secrets of the Dead

Land: 24
    4 Dakmor Salvage
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Breeding Pool
    4 Watery Grave
    3 Misty Rainforest
    3 Island
    1 Swamp

Basically you grind your opponent out of cards and slowly kill them through Bloodghasts, Syphon Life, or Worm Harvest.
    "If you're playing Storm in Legacy, you need to believe that what your deck does is better than what their deck does."

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

Re: [Deck] Death's Secrets

I'm no expert on the format, but are 4 of each dual really necessary? Seems you'd want 1-3, edging towards 1-2.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

Nov 2010
    Seattle

Sounds pretty good. I might add some red duals as well to side some Ancient Grudges.
    "If you're playing Storm in Legacy, you need to believe that what your deck does is better than what their deck does."

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Deck is begging for Gifts Ungiven...
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Any particular reason to stay blue aside from Snapcaster? Burning Vengeance seems like it would be very, very good in this deck.

Nov 2010
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    Any particular reason to stay blue aside from Snapcaster? Burning Vengeance seems like it would be very, very good in this deck.
    After some more testing, not much. The deck generates enough card advantage without the help of Secrets. Secrets only has better synergy with Dredge, but I never found myself using that very often.

Thread Information