Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: [Discussion] Most broken Commander?

Re: [Discussion] Most broken Commander?

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    The thing about Scion of the Ur-Dragon is that you only really have to pay 17 to do it, and that you don't have to ever draw a single specific card to do it. You just play him, swing, pay 2, pay the life, and get there. You ALWAYS have access to it, provided you can hit all five of your colors. Some form of Lifelink ability ices the cake, but isn't necessary. It's just that you get to one-shot a player with a guy that already enables you to play a 5-color deck and thereby the biggest pile of broken humanly possible. In other words, you use him to one-shot the guy who's going to stop whatever combo you're about to drop, then win.
    Sounds boring.

And when someone said "combo," I thought that involved something more complicated than, "Do what Scion normally does when you put a Moltensteel into the graveyard," hence my confusion. But Scion isn't really a hard deck to figure out, since it's either Dragons or Using The General For Its Colors (and if its the latter, you get waaaaaaaaay more style points for running Atogatog. I mean, seriously).

Sep 2009
    Bratislava, Slovak republic

Quote Originally Posted by menace13 View Post

Cavern also diminishes the power of Clique, Tefferi and Edric.
    Or empowers Teferi. I have tribal wizard with him as general. I want to play Cavern of souls because I have a solid list of wizards which will also benefit from the card.

Playing cavern of souls in formats where is no Commander/General looks pretty solid to me.

But in EDH: On end of your turn I cast Teferi via his flash, making him uncounterable with Cavern. Now if you have ten minutes I will show you how I win...

If player has decent tribal deck i see a reason why to play Cavern of Souls. But if he does not have any tribal theme, and he plays it only because of his EDH General. You know, I came to play, not to be annoying, boring or both... But Erayo+Cavern of souls in EDH - sick...

A Whore's Limit Break Uses Anal
    Jun 2006
    Carbondale, IL

I only play 1v1 on MTGO for EDH because I don't like free for alls. The format is insane. Drawing a card while going first, 40 life starts and a very small banned list. Edric is also a very fun deck to play with( Love drawing and countering).
    Our local group does an EDH event every Sunday, with one of them each month being 1v1 (with a different banned list, obv). We do 30 life in order to make aggro at least somewhat playable, and it's been fine. And yes, Edric is an absolute beast in 1v1.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    People arguing about which foil reprint is better is like a Mormon and a Scientologist having a history argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Don't you know that specifics are deadly poison to H. Machinus? They lack the enzymes to digest them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    What in the janky gay ninja hell is that 25th place deck?

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    Sounds boring.

And when someone said "combo," I thought that involved something more complicated than, "Do what Scion normally does when you put a Moltensteel into the graveyard," hence my confusion. But Scion isn't really a hard deck to figure out, since it's either Dragons or Using The General For Its Colors (and if its the latter, you get waaaaaaaaay more style points for running Atogatog. I mean, seriously).
    The combo part is actually the rest of the deck which can be anything, but mostly in ref to the Hermit Druid lists packed in a 5 color general that is its own combo plan c if needed(only takes up 2-3 slots in the deck Bolas, Tyrant, Moltensteel)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

The combo part is actually the rest of the deck which can be anything, but mostly in ref to the Hermit Druid lists packed in a 5 color general that is its own combo plan c if needed(only takes up 2-3 slots in the deck Bolas, Tyrant, Moltensteel)
    This. Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    Sounds boring.

Good Scion is 5C Broken Stuff/Combo with 1-2 spots dedicated to using Scion for alternate oneshottery. And yeah, I mean, it's boring, and has no style points. There's a million things cooler than Scion-slapping somebody. But this thread IS about brokenness, and not about style/coolness. And I think between what he does and the decks he allows you to build, Scion deserves top 5-top 10 consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Thread Information